Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭BandMember

Looking at that team for Sunday, two things come to mind:

1. I'd be surprised if it actually starts as selected. Horan's teams generally aren't worth the virtual paper they're written on. So, possible late changes but certainly positional changes I would think.

2. Seems to be a bit of shadow boxing where he's not willing to show his hand as he expects to beat Sligo and Leitrim fairly handy (no disrespect to them, but let's be honest here). I really don't think he'd be starting a couple of rookies if we had been playing Galway or Roscommon. Now, granted injuries have forced his hand a bit here and I think we'll beat both while getting some valuable game time into the likes of AOS coming back from injuries along and the likes of Loftus who didn't see much action in the league along with the new lads getting some Championship experience.

If the league is anything to go by, we'll win despite ourselves and make Sligo look like world beaters at times. In other words, Horan ball in full effect!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Game on telly anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Game on telly anywhere?

Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Game on telly anywhere?

Sky Sports have it....possibly channel 408

Sky.
    Cartman78 wrote: »
    Sky Sports have it....possibly channel 408

Now there's prompt service!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I just can’t get excited about the game for a few reasons . Mainly the loss of Cillian :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

km79 wrote: »
    I just can’t get excited about the game for a few reasons . Mainly the loss of Cillian :(
    Same as that, but it's COVID that's doing it for me.

Two years of disjointed or Frankenstein league and straight knock out championship, with little or no fans.

Can't wait for it to get back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

km79 wrote: »

They used to say that about a certain Mortimer when he was out injured and its not the blonde one.id say you no him Kenneth

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Beagslife

Jim McGuinness in the Irish Times

Can ye still be hating on Jim after that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Anyone interested in getting sky sports for a month on nowtv for €15, code is SPMUNOWQAXWD

• Advertisement

Same as that, but it's COVID that's doing it for me.

Two years of disjointed or Frankenstein league and straight knock out championship, with little or no fans.

Can't wait for it to get back to normal.

Yeah this is it
    Watching on TV at home just does nothing for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Very best of luck to the Mayo team today.

Mayo 1/100, dont recall ever seeing odds like that before. Mayo -15 is only evens too.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Very best of luck to the Mayo team today.

Looks like we're not going to need it!:p
    Mayo 1/100, dont recall ever seeing odds like that before. Mayo -15 is only evens too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Sky.

Arena.

Is Peter Naughton starting for Sligo?

We can win this by as much as we want
    Complete mismatch
    No injuries is the outcome we need now

Division 4 team
    High ball in
    Crossbar hit

Unforgivable if we concede to these

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

A glorified training session....let's hope the forwards can rack up a few scores and boost confidence.

Hennelly having to wear his jersey inside out is the main worry so far

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Cartman78 wrote: »
    A glorified training session....let's hope the forwards can rack up a few scores and boost confidence.

Hennelly having to wear his jersey inside out is the main worry so far

Couldn't we brought the alternative kit jersey for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Great to see Darren McHale having such a good first half

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Barlett

What a waste of time for both Sligo and Mayo. This year, the GAA really could’ve tried something different, but instead we’re left with half a league & half a championship both of which are awful

Barlett wrote: »
    What a waste of time for both Sligo and Mayo. This year, the GAA really could’ve tried something different, but instead we’re left with half a league & half a championship both of which are awful

It’s the first game of the championship, a little early to be passing judgement

Barlett wrote: »

Was a golden opportunity to try a combined league/chsip format but no surprise they failed to grasp it

Green&Red wrote: »

It's panning pout exactly as expected as will most lopsided games in the cship

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Barlett

Green&Red wrote: »

Sure knockout was awful last year too , we were glad of it at the time but having half a league and half a championship is literally the worst format they could’ve chosen for this summer. Not to mention Sligo getting one championship match in two years - how are they meant to progress?

At least this should put the final nail in the coffin of the idea that a knockout championship was better .

Couldn't ask for anymore than that.

Paddy Durcan and Lee Keegan are playing as well as ever.

Darren McHale a huge positive.

Ryan O Donoghue's free taking was very good as expected.

Is the Sligo goalkeeper any relation of T.J. Kilgallon?

Niall Murphy was excellent for Sligo.Top player.

Is the Sligo goalkeeper any relation of T.J. Kilgannon?

He's Kilgallon not Kilgannon

He's Kilgallon not Kilgannon

Both are Kilgallon, autocorrect I’d imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭westsidestory

Couldn't ask for anymore than that.

Is the Sligo goalkeeper any relation of T.J. Kilgallon?

TJ's lads play for St. Marys in Sligo Town, the Sligo keeper is from St. Farnans.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement