Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

If Tyrone win this they're safe and probably won't bring a full team to Castlebar next weekend. I can't see Donegal beating Kerry away.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,034 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Remember the time that Graeme Souness was pranked into playing some African guy that he thought was a professional soccer player when he actually wasn't ?

Is that what happened to Joyce this week with the keeper he picked ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Happy with that result. Doubt we’ll see some of our regular guest posters here with their snide nonsense for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Donegal look up for it against Tyrone. Hope they pull it off. Would essentially be a playoff next week in Castlebar to stay up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Donegal look up for it against Tyrone. Hope they pull it off. Would essentially be a playoff next week in Castlebar to stay up.

Jerome Henry is the man in the middle

• Advertisement

Our use of the mark inside and in general was very good today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

PARlance wrote: »
    Out of the relegation zone! By a point

If the season is called off during the week that point might keep us up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Was that performance the start of the HoranBall 2.0 era?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glack

If the season is called off during the week that point might keep us up.

I don’t think they could relegate any team without finishing the games to be honest. But in any case, should Donegal win and we are on 5 points with Monaghan, we would be relegated on the head to head rule.

If the season was pulled without finishing the league then I sincerely doubt there will be any relegation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

If the season was pulled without finishing the league then I sincerely doubt there will be any relegation.

Correct and the Rossies wouldnt be coming up either, win win for everyone:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

Remember the time that Graeme Souness was pranked into playing some African guy that he thought was a professional soccer player when he actually wasn't ?

Is that what happened to Joyce this week with the keeper he picked ?

No need for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

RedDevil55 wrote: »
    No need for that.

It looked that way in fairness. He was worse than brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Maybe watch the highlights of the FBD semi final when he won it for Galway in a penalty shoot. Or the highlights of him playing for Galway United. He was shocking today but of all teams bit ironic for Mayo to be making fun of another team's goalie.

Fair play today. Awesome performance. Fitness more than anything else was savage. Chance conversion was excellent as well. Hopefully Championship goes ahead and we meet again next month.

Not only were his kickouts going straight to Mayo players in the first half, but in the second half he was off his line, out the field at so many inopportune times that I thought he had no idea what he was doing or supposed to be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

It’s in our own hands now

So it's Mayo v Tyrone with the winner guaranteed to stay up.
    If it even takes place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,618 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Was that a case of Mayo playing really well or Galway not turning up??

Nice to see a few new faces (for me anyway) coming in and making an impact.......I'm dreaming of a green and red Christmas :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Maybe watch the highlights of the FBD semi final when he won it for Galway in a penalty shoot. Or the highlights of him playing for Galway United. He was shocking today but of all teams bit ironic for Mayo to be making fun of another team's goalie.

Wasn't particularly making fun of him, only commenting on how much of a stinker he had.

With our own history, we can share your pain 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

So it's Mayo v Tyrone with the winner guaranteed to stay up.
    If it even takes place.

Two Tyrone lads suspended. Fair play to Jerome

• Advertisement

Fair play today. Awesome performance. Fitness more than anything else was savage. Chance conversion was excellent as well. Hopefully Championship goes ahead and we meet again next month.

I was there.He most certainly did.

He made those goals very small.A giant of a man.

We've got the momentum now, coming off a great performance. Tyrone have to come to Castlebar coming off a defeat.

We've a great chance now. Who wouldn't have taken this leaving McHale Park against Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Was that a case of Mayo playing really well or Galway not turning up??

Nice to see a few new faces (for me anyway) coming in and making an impact.......I'm dreaming of a green and red Christmas :-)

For me the larger part was Galway being awful.

Mayo played well and took advantage of how awful Galway were but overall I'd be placing most of the blame/responsibility on Galway's side of the ledger.

It was a Division 4 level performance by Galway against a Mayo side knowing they needed a win to have any hope of avoiding relegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    For me the larger part was Galway being awful.

Mayo played well and took advantage of how awful Galway were but overall I'd be placing most of the blame/responsibility on Galway's side of the ledger.

It was a Division 4 level performance by Galway against a Mayo side knowing they needed a win to have any hope of avoiding relegation.

Yeah I’d have the same view, broadly. Not to take away from some great individual displays but Galway weren’t at the races and losing Comer early as well as I think Duane (the number 6) meant 2 early enforced changes. That said, I’ve seen Mayo give teams easy routes back into games and that didn’t happen today. I don’t think the score line is a true reflection of that Galway team, but it doesn’t take away from how nice it feels to have the bragging rights again, for the next while at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Green&Red wrote: »
    Two Tyrone lads suspended. Fair play to Jerome

Only 1. Sludden was a yellow and a black which doesn't carry a suspension I believe.

Rory Brennan's was a straight red though.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Only 1. Sludden was a yellow and a black which doesn't carry a suspension I believe.

Rory Brennan's was a straight red though.

Was Brennans for the tap on Murphys head?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭poppers

Was Brennans for the tap on Murphys head?

Put his hands on ref as he walk pased him after that

poppers wrote: »
    Put his hands on ref as he walk pased him after that

Was wondering. Had seen the nothing tackle and then the tap on the head and went to get a drink and came back to a red card.

The black cars was for nothing as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I think the days of him bombing up the pitch are gone but he's a solid man marker. Would be a better option in the corner. Leave the younger lads at half back.

Think I would prefer to gradually see him as an impact half back that a starting corner back tbh.

Are we writing him off as a starting half back a bit too soon? He generally takes a while before he gets going after breaks.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    Think I would prefer to gradually see him as an impact half back that a starting corner back tbh.

Are we writing him off as a starting half back a bit too soon? He generally takes a while before he gets going after breaks.

I wouldn't say I'm writing him off. I just think that the all action style he has might be catching up on him. He's one of the best man markers in the game, it might be something he could focus on now rather than aiming to go forward as much as he used to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement