Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental HEO Competition 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

relative1 wrote: »
    The waiting is a killer!

I put in one of my best interviews, but past experience has thought me that doesn't count for much until you get the pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 relative1

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I put in one of my best interviews, but past experience has thought me that doesn't count for much until you get the pass!

I agree... there is no way of knowing until the results come out.... it feels like forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

Presentation invite for next week issued. Short notice but glad to have passed the interview. Dunno how this is going to work preparing the presentation remotely on someone else’s computer! Not looking forward to it! How did everyone else do?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DeeKK20

Well done eveyone , I’m new here and Got my results this message and passed the interview even though I thought i had failed drastically . Found the interview tough last week . Anyone any idea what kind of topics they give for the presentation ? TIA

DeeKK20 wrote: »
    Well done eveyone , I’m new here and Got my results this message and passed the interview even though I thought i had failed drastically . Found the interview tough last week . Anyone any idea what kind of topics they give for the presentation ? TIA

Well done! They said in the booklet managing an operational unit?? Hopefully it’s not overly complex! It’s going to be very strange. Never did anything like this before!

• Advertisement

Steamer wrote: »
    Well done! They said in the booklet managing an operational unit?? Hopefully it’s not overly complex! It’s going to be very strange. Never did anything like this before!

Me neither. Be nice to hear from someone else about what kind of topic or what kind of questions they fire at you !! LOL best of luck with yours. When are you , I’m Wednesday

Me neither. Be nice to hear from someone else about what kind of topic or what kind of questions they fire at you !! LOL best of luck with yours. When are you , I’m Wednesday

Hi, I am on Wednesday as well. Apparently one of the conditions is that those who have done the presentation are not allowed discuss it or the information that was provided to them. It will definitely be challenging!

I’m Monday! I guess nothing to prepare really for it so a quick turnaround isn’t too big of a deal. It’s just such a long exercise and totally new way of doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Furby2020

Can anyone recommend a good interview coach for HEO interview? I have an interview coming up and failed it the last time so really need some coaching.

Any idea when the results from this weeks presentations will be out?

• Advertisement

Hi, I am on Wednesday as well. Apparently one of the conditions is that those who have done the presentation are not allowed discuss it or the information that was provided to them. It will definitely be challenging!

Hope it went well for you . I got pushed back to Tomorrrow :-( I swear I’m beginning to think it’s a job in NASA we have applied for with all the jumps to get over . Thank god this time tomorrow night il have it over . Did everyone do a PowerPoint wojld ye think or just stick with the word document ?

Any idea when the results from this weeks presentations will be out?

No idea but would hope not long . Maybe a week like the interview results

I’m Monday! I guess nothing to prepare really for it so a quick turnaround isn’t too big of a deal. It’s just such a long exercise and totally new way of doing it!

Hope it went well for you . Can I ask did you do a PowerPoint or just stick with a word document for your report ? U must be glad to have it over with . Such a long winded exercise for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Madamhindsight

Hope it went well for you . Can I ask did you do a PowerPoint or just stick with a word document for your report ? U must be glad to have it over with . Such a long winded exercise for sure

Hi, I didn't do a power point as the system was slow for me. I just did the report on word and they share that back to you so I used that and just talked. It goes surprisingly quick. Best of luck.

Hi, I didn't do a power point as the system was slow for me. I just did the report on word and they share that back to you so I used that and just talked. It goes surprisingly quick. Best of luck.

Oh thanks , that’s great im Thinking of doing the same. No point in being under pressure to do both when don’t have to . Well done and hope you do well .

Mine was rescheduled. I didn’t use PowerPoint as no time and it’s very slow through the share screen option so I just decided against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Madamhindsight

Mine was rescheduled. I didn’t use PowerPoint as no time and it’s very slow through the share screen option so I just decided against it.

So slow I felt this definately was a draw back.

So slow I felt this definately was a draw back.

I’m assuming that this is just case for everyone and no need to bring that to their attention?

I’m assuming that this is just case for everyone and no need to bring that to their attention?

Mine was slow too to use , I didn’t use PowerPoint presentation either just a word document but it was delayed a lot in relation to where the cursor was . presume the same for everyone . The panel were lovely but time was tight . It flew though. So glad to have it over .. wrecked tonight after it all .

Mine was slow too to use , I didn’t use PowerPoint presentation either just a word document but it was delayed a lot in relation to where the cursor was . presume the same for everyone . The panel were lovely but time was tight . It flew though. So glad to have it over .. wrecked tonight after it all .

Same. Enjoy the relief!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Connected99

May I ask is it just Galway and Waterford being called to Interview?
    Thank you

May I ask is it just Galway and Waterford being called to Interview?
    Thank you

I don’t know to be honest . Im Waterford anyway

I don’t know to be honest . Im Waterford anyway

Louth were also called

I wonder will the results issue this week? Yet again, the longer the wait the more doubt that creeps in!

I wonder will the results issue this week? Yet again, the longer the wait the more doubt that creeps in!

Was thinking the same since last week 🙈 hopefully we will hear this week . The level of doubt if creeping up . Wonder how many interviewed or how many got to presentation level ?

Was thinking the same since last week 🙈 hopefully we will hear this week . The level of doubt if creeping up . Wonder how many interviewed or how many got to presentation level ?

I agree.... the longer we wait the less confident I am about a good outcome. I wish they would just put us out of our misery. Was there a full week of presentations last week or just some days?

Results are out. Made the panel, phew. How did everyone do?

Made the panel as well, fingers crossed we get placed. How long until the end of the panel?

Made the panel as well, fingers crossed we get placed. How long until the end of the panel?

• Advertisement

I think April next year however regional panels were created later so maybe summer 2021. Do you think the previous panels have expired and that’s why these areas were called? Or could there still be a few people left on them?

Advertisement