Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental HEO Competition 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Connected99

I emailed PAS today for an update & got the general standard reply saying there are no plans to call anymore forward for interview and that the placing of candidates from panels depends on demand....................... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

I just got a message this evening to interview next week for Galway. Had totally forgotten about this competition! Zoom interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Madamhindsight

Steamer wrote: »
    I just got a message this evening to interview next week for Galway. Had totally forgotten about this competition! Zoom interview.

Me too for Galway also

Me too for Galway also
    What day are you? I’m Monday morning. Not much time but sure it’s fine. I wonder when the presentation will be?

What day are you? I’m Monday morning. Not much time but sure it’s fine. I wonder when the presentation will be?

Do you think we will have one? I think we won't now given current situation and the fact they are crying out for HEOs. I am Monday too. I wonder is it just for Galway called.

• Advertisement

Do you think we will have one? I think we won't now given current situation and the fact they are crying out for HEOs. I am Monday too. I wonder is it just for Galway called.

I just assumed that they were splitting the stages. I guess we will find out. Seems to be just Galway. I know there have been a lot of retirements so maybe they went through the panel quickly. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭BMHOPE

They would have told you and also given you an example which is a much scaled back version of the real presentation exercise so you can prepare. I think the actual is about 20 pages and the sample is 3 pages or something like that. They also give you different time slots and board members for both parts. The presentation takes about 2hrs as far as I remember. It feels like 5 mins though. The interview is the norm 20/25 mins. Usually they are lovely, other ones are way more sticky, pas rep nearly holds your hand to put you at ease.

Thanks! Oh it’s definitely not part of this stage but I think it could be the final stage although I don’t know how they would conduct it online. Anyway, one step at a time!

Best of luck...!!!

Wonder are there any other counties being called!??
    🀞🀞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 relative1

Hi
    Apparently does who are successful at interview have to do the presentation the first week in November

relative1 wrote: »
    Hi
    Apparently does who are successful at interview have to do the presentation the first week in November

It's mad how many rounds there are these days. It goes on so long. With all that's going on you'd think they would leave the presentations.

Has anyone had an online interview yet and if so how was it?

Has anyone had an online interview yet and if so how was it?

I had mine this morning. They were very nice and it worked well. It’s on Zoom and they were very organised. It’s different to in person however it was fine.

Have you got one coming up?

I had mine this morning. They were very nice and it worked well. It’s on Zoom and they were very organised. It’s different to in person however it was fine.

Have you got one coming up?

Yes, I have an interview tomorrow . Just wondered how doing it via Zoom would affect the interview and if it is harder to feel engaged with them. Did they mention how they intend to organise the presentations?

Yes, I have an interview tomorrow . Just wondered how doing it via Zoom would affect the interview and if it is harder to feel engaged with them. Did they mention how they intend to organise the presentations?

I didn’t enquire about the next stage. I found them easy enough to engage with. I felt that they really tried to make me feel at ease and were very aware of the fact that we had to do it online. They explained who would take each section and how it would work at the start.

The best of luck.

I didn’t enquire about the next stage. I found them easy enough to engage with. I felt that they really tried to make me feel at ease and were very aware of the fact that we had to do it online. They explained who would take each section and how it would work at the start.

The best of luck.
    Thanks so much, v nervous

Thanks so much, v nervous

Don’t be. They really are encouraging and want you to do your best so remember that when you are talking to them. Nerves are normal too so just take some deep breaths and you will get into your stride in no time once it begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mommammymam

Hi,
    I have also been called for interview this week for Waterford.
    I know someone who placed 6th in Waterford early last Summer and was offered a position within a few weeks.
    Hopefully things are moving quickly. Also V nervous about the zoom interview, thanks to other posters for the reassurance! :)

Hi

Did PAS confirm this?

• Advertisement

Did PAS confirm this?

Yes, I asked about it in the initial zoom call last Friday

Yes, I asked about it in the initial zoom call last Friday

Ok thanks. I wonder how it will work?

Did you get on ok?

Ok thanks. I wonder how it will work?

Did you get on ok?[/quote
    No idea how they will work the presentations now that we are in lockdown.... I am hoping they don’t just pause it until things improve.
    The interview was fine, the panel were v nice but hard to get a reading off them doing it on Zoom. It is easier to get a vibe of how it went when you are actually in the room with them. I thought it was a very fair interview though so I was happy enough with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 squishy2019

Hello, just wondering if anyone knows of any movement for interviews in Limerick or Clare? Was originally called for interview in October 2019 but was out of the country and PAS wouldn't facilitate a move in date so I have been waiting for further interviews to be called for Limerick and Clare...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Does anyone know when interviews are ending this week and when results will issued keeping in mind presentations are early November?

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Does anyone know when interviews are ending this week and when results will issued keeping in mind presentations are early November?

They listed board details for the full week so I expect we won’t get results until next week.

Hello, just wondering if anyone knows of any movement for interviews in Limerick or Clare? Was originally called for interview in October 2019 but was out of the country and PAS wouldn't facilitate a move in date so I have been waiting for further interviews to be called for Limerick and Clare...

Haven't heard anything
    I'm waiting for Clare....havent been called to Interview stage yet...

The longer the wait for results the more I think I didn’t do that well. Hate waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

The longer the wait for results the more I think I didn’t do that well. Hate waiting!

Still waiting! :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Still waiting! :confused::confused::confused:

The waiting is a killer!

Advertisement