Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭CoBo55

What do you do? There's no spare, no inflation kit, nothing at all in fact, what are you actually expected to do on a bank holiday Monday? I'm buggered if I can answer that question 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Eleusis

Same thing happened to me on Friday eve. Went to local town on Sat and 5 tyre places all closed even though Google says a few open. Must be cause of paddy weekend taking the sat off too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm planning on ringing the dealer first thing in the morning. They told me any tyre replacement / fixes are free while under warranty. The only question is how to get the car there.

Looking for help again lads. Had the most stressful journey of my life in the early hours this morning. I arrived back to the red carpark at 1am, there was 41% battery not near enough to get me home to Wexford, my intention was to charge in the carpark for about 20mins and tip on home, I've done it before without any hassle. The charger was working but kept saying connection error and wouldn't initiate charging. Foolishly I left the carpark with the intention of finding a charger down the road, the battery was dropping like a stone and I had to pull into the hard shoulder and try the esb app to find a CP, it suggested a nearby Tesco 150kw but for the life of me wouldn't give me proper directions and actually started sending me back towards the city. The car sat nav brought me to a Luas park n ride in stillorgan where I managed to get it charged enough to get me home, I genuinely thought I was going to be on the side of the road at 3am it was a horrible experience. In summary would any of you kind people have suggestions for a plan B in case it happens to me again? Needless to say the missus wasn't impressed with all this farting around in the early hours, it was after 4am before we got home.

Also I've realised the range of my car is atrocious, 110km to 40% giving me a 100% figure of 275km, the gom always predicts well over 300km

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Getting from the airport back to Wexford with 41%? Detour to Blanchardstown and hit the new hub (8xCCS), or Applegreen at Ballymount (4xCCS). There's also the Supervalue at Knocklyon (3xCCS). Carrickmines hub (8xCCS) should open soon which also has and would cover you.

There's also a couple of single sites along the way Dublin Airport, CircleK at the M50/M1 junction but I'd probably ignore them unless desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Casati

Would you not just get a charge on the way to the airport so the car would be charged with enough juice to get you home when you landed back, so to avoid faffing about when you land at 1.00am?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

You could, but @CoBo55 asked what they would do on in the circumstance after arriving back to the airport and not being able to charge in the red car park as planned.

I'm usually in more of a rush to get to the airport than get home, so if needed would do a short top up on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Your GOM was low as it's motorway driving you did before you got to the airport the car could very well be expected to predict you were going to do more motorway driving.

My GOM at the moment on the born is way higher than yours, showing it should be disregarded really.

As for charging, I live near these so I'd know the area better than you but applegreen ballymount, applegreen rathcoole neither far off the m50 at Red cow exits or maybe the one after. You'd be topped up in no time. I suppose if I was in Wexford in your predicament I'd be equally at a loss as to where to charge.

Slightly further is ionity kill but you'd be passing applegreen rathcoole to get to that one anyway.

They are the ones I know offhand, I'm sure there's more around Dublin just off m50 and some further down the road on your trip towards Wicklow and Wexford

Now delete your post before the anti EV crowd put it in the paper.

Certainly wouldn't rule that one out. Have you any suggestions? I wouldn't mind leaving a bit earlier for the comfort of knowing I could hop in and drive especially at that hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Casati

The easiest would be to top up at the airport itself?

Is there a reliable way to get accurate directions to these chargers and I could save them in either the phone or the car sat nav? It would be nice to have them to hand as plan B. Looking back I shouldn't have left the carpark without getting directions to a CP.

That was my plan but the charger wouldn't work or do you mean other chargers around? As everyone can gather my geography around Dublin is brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I think the Radisson Blu at the airport have put in a lot of chargers, I've not used them. So I don't know what setup they are.

For me I would head to Ionity Kill South or the Applegreen before it as someone else said. I never had any issues in either.

But that depends where you are going in Wexford.

Google maps you can definitely program places in and name them whatever you want. Do it on the phone and it'll be mirrored on the car screen

• Registered Users Posts: 27,821 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Your in car sat nav should have all the chargers or at the very least all but the most very recent installed ones. Just make sure some are not being filtered out.

I'd also question the plan of charging before leaving for home. The battery would have been stone cold so you'd likely have gotten very poor charging speeds and would have been sitting there for longer than you needed.

Last time I went to the airport on my 58KW ID3 I'd 48% left on arrival. I went to Kill on the way home and charged. Even if it's only a quick stop there you have Circle K at Carlow anyway if you need another stop for charging/coffee/toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Two simple options for you here

1) Open PlugShare in your phone, click on the charger you want, hit "Directions" in PlugShare, open with Google Maps, click "directions" in Google Maps. I'm assuming you have Android Auto in the Cupra? It shows up then on your infotainment screen and will accurately guide you there.

2) Locate a few of the chargers you might use along your route beforehand and save them as favorites in Google Maps....as above hit directions in Google Maps when in the car and use Android Auto to navigate to them using the car infotainment screen.

If you use an iPhone, substitute "Apple Maps" for "Google Maps" and Apple CarPlay for Android Auto.

Applegreen Santry (open 24/7) is less than 2km away from the Express Red Car Park if low on charge in any event, irrespective of your final destination, particularly when it's late at night / early morning.

Sorry I should have said, I'm heading for Enniscorthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

There are chargers at the Circle K at the airport. There's also the Applegreen on the old airport road, just turn left when leaving the red car park and it's a short way down the road.

Edit: Also on the way from Wexford, there's the Applegreen at Coyne's Cross (just north of Ashford) which is about 66km from the airport, but has rapid charging, so you could be topped up in a short time.

Post edited by prawnsambo on

Nadia charges her EVs there after dark, be careful...

• Advertisement

What chargers are in circle K? Had I put my brain in gear before leaving the bloody car park I would literally been sorted in minutes. Many thanks for all the help lads, very much appreciated.

I think there's only one with three plugs; 50kw. ESB eCars. Photo here taken from PlugShare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Quick one, I bought a 231 ex demo in November, very happy with it. One or two minor issues that have been fixed

have the service pack, and got email from dealer saying service is now over due. Just over 15k km on it but I thought service was every two years, or is this a health check dressed up as service

Yeah service every 2 years. I've had my tyres replaced already but still have the service to come. Not that they do much, just look it over

anyone have any problems insuring with revolut? For some reason it wont recognise my car reg, yet im registered car owner with log book. Very strange and frustrating as its over €200 lower than I can find elsewhere. Numberplate coming up no problem on car check websites.

I asked that question a while ago and I was told the car can be found under Seat or is your problem occuring when you actually try to purchase insurance? How do you go about buying insurance from revolut, is it through the app?

Yes purchase through the app

I can manually find the car and get a quote by selecting Seat. But when I go to actually purchase, it requires the registration which it fails to find.

Ok I get you now, it can't find my car either I'd be going with somebody else it wouldn't inspire confidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Is there any rattle in the car while driving?

Advertisement