Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

After seeing the first 3 characters i'm not really sold on any of them so far. Will wait and see what FL4K is like before making the decision for my first playthrough.

Wouldnt it be hilarious if FL4K was an upgraded Claptrap with legs!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

After seeing the first 3 characters i'm not really sold on any of them so far. Will wait and see what FL4K is like before making the decision for my first playthrough.

Wouldnt it be hilarious if FL4K was an upgraded Claptrap with legs!

Yeah I have to admit the action skills of the characters aren't hugely inspired. For all TPS got wrong, I thought the action skills of the most of the characters were very varied and unique. Athena, Jack and Claptrap especially.

Moze's main skills seem like a cross between Axton and Sal (turret/gun-tank). Zane's is a cross between Zero and Jack (stealth/double). Amara's is a cross between Maya and Brick (siren/melee-tank) and FL4K is a cross between Mordecai and Wilhelm (pets/drones).

I'm probably still leaning towards Amara just for the Siren/Tank combo, but Zane could definitely be interesting. Saw on Reddit earlier someone saying they're not releasing new characters after launch, but rather new action skills and skill trees for the existing 4 characters. That's kind of a shame imo. Not sure how accurate that is though, will have a look into it later.

Edit:
    https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/1124769280531152896

So yeah, possibly new skills/augments to existing characters rather than any new dlc characters

• Registered Users Posts: 18,701 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm not sure how i feel about not having new characters eventually. I think people will burn out quicker if they can only change their play style to suit the new action skills. Will wait and see though.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure how i feel about not having new characters eventually. I think people will burn out quicker if they can only change their play style to suit the new action skills. Will wait and see though.

Yeah, new characters always brought new weapons and builds and a playthrough to get used to the character, whereas just new action skills or skill trees for existing characters just means you could quickly respec but you'd be more likely to just play the character the way you'd been playing them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah, new characters always brought new weapons and builds and a playthrough to get used to the character, whereas just new action skills or skill trees for existing characters just means you could quickly respec but you'd be more likely to just play the character the way you'd been playing them anyway.

I agree but if I look at 2. I hardly touched Axton or Krieg. I only got the Mechromancer up to 72. Didn't really enjoy those as much as the other three, which I played the holy hell out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I saw the Upper Echelon report first on this, ridiculous behaviour by 2K even following up on it at all let alone in-person intimidation and multiple bogus strikes on his youtube channel. Miserable Gob****es.

Some of his action skills listed

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-08-08-bl3-fl4k-ways-to-play/

Yeah I think I'm going to stick with Amara to start off with. FL4K's skills do seem pretty well geared for solo play with health regen, beast reviving you, more critical hits... but he just doesn't interest me that much.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

FL4K's information and it looks like I got my starting character (Hunter tree ultimate with +30% effect on all hunter skills sounds OP as heck)...

You can play around with each character and their skill trees here - https://borderlands.com/en-US/characters/

Decide what way you want to go and how you want to build from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    I saw the Upper Echelon report first on this, ridiculous behaviour by 2K even following up on it at all let alone in-person intimidation and multiple bogus strikes on his youtube channel. Miserable Gob****es.
    And look at the guy, Borderlands merch in the background. Obviously a huge fan. If this is how they treat their biggest fans, sending goons to their bloody doorstep then they obviously don't give AF. Lost me as a customer for life tbh.

Well that decides it, i'll use FL4K the first go around.

You can play around with each character and their skill trees here - https://borderlands.com/en-US/characters/

Decide what way you want to go and how you want to build from the start.

Each skill tree

Amara the Siren

FL4K the Beastmaster

Moze the Gunner

Zane the Operative

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I don't get it so you have three action skills now or can you only pick one of the three?

I don't get it so you have three action skills now or can you only pick one of the three?

You appear to only be able to pick one of the 3, but you can pick one from one tree, and then focus on another tree entirely.

You can choose from the three different action skills. Can pick a different one once you respec.

However, Zane can choose two action skills (but loses the chance to use grenades if you choose a 2nd action skill). But some weapons will have grenade launchers as secondary fire modes so probably balances out.

You can choose from the three different action skills. Can pick a different one once you respec.

However, Zane can choose two action skills (but loses the chance to use grenades if you choose a 2nd action skill). But some weapons will have grenade launchers as secondary fire modes so probably balances out.

Actually, from looking at the skill trees, it seems there are more action skills. Each tree has some augments at the side which replace your action skill with a variation of the main one of that tree. For example in Amara's Mythical Assault action skill which sends out a projection of her which damages enemies, there are later variations of it which releases projectiles, explodes or does additional damage to subsequent enemies hit.

So there are three action skills for each character you can pick, but also variations of those skills you can switch to.

I'm thinking Mythical Assault for Amara to start off with, then Fist of the Elements. Only concern would be if the Phasecast skill might be worthless against larger or airborne enemies.

Found a google doc on reddit with all the vip codes currently available. You can get around 14000 insider points
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19x3qonXf6weSURdrg_wtWVXE2UCy_DwDSL5RbCMzymE/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Think I'll go fl4k

Found a google doc on reddit with all the vip codes currently available. You can get around 14000 insider points
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19x3qonXf6weSURdrg_wtWVXE2UCy_DwDSL5RbCMzymE/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

Awesome, thanks. I'd accidentally spent 1,500 points on some Golden Keys for BL:TPS (I thought I was getting points, not spending them). This more than replaced those points lost.

Varik wrote: »
    Think I'll go fl4k

Only problem now is working out what skill tree to use :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Only problem now is working out what skill tree to use :pac:
    Hunter without a doubt; Big game (+30% effect on hunter skills) + Galactic Shadow (+15% crit damage) + Megavore (20% crit chance on any body part!). Something along these lines which ends up as a big crit build for guns which usually works well :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

COHHVIP Creator one worked but the rest of the creator didn't for me, if anyone else is entering them and it happens too.

Varik wrote: »
    COHHVIP Creator one worked but the rest of the creator didn't for me, if anyone else is entering them and it happens too.
    Same; most creator codes did not work but all the rest did.

Nody wrote: »
    Same; most creator codes did not work but all the rest did.

Aye, I thought there was an issue with more of them but then realised there were different types of codes to be entered under different headings. But some of the creator codes simply don't work, I'm guessing they expired or there were just a limited number of them that could be redeemed.

Aye, I thought there was an issue with more of them but then realised there were different types of codes to be entered under different headings. But some of the creator codes simply don't work, I'm guessing they expired or there were just a limited number of them that could be redeemed.

Yeah I think the creator codes only work during certain events

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

dreamers75 wrote: »

Do you doubt that Epic have the infrastructure in place to handle the traffic needed for a few million people downloading 50GB each at once? Cos I definitely doubt it. The release is going to be a disaster.

Advertisement