Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I beat him before a few years ago. Went back to look at my unlocked achievements and it was there. Can't remember if it was difficult or not, probably was. I remember some boss in the pre-sequel that was pretty difficult and can't remember if it was the main story or the guy you are talking about in DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I beat him before a few years ago. Went back to look at my unlocked achievements and it was there. Can't remember if it was difficult or not, probably was. I remember some boss in the pre-sequel that was pretty difficult and can't remember if it was the main story or the guy you are talking about in DLC.

The final boss in the main game was far too easy, to the point where a higher HP version of it becomes the raid boss once you've completed it and I beat it first time solo before playing the DLC even with fairly basic weapons. There was a tricky enough boss fight in the main game of TPS, a flying ship like Bunker from BL2 but in an area with jump pads and stuff. That one f*cked me up a lot when the game first came out.

The final boss of the DLC is a killer though. People think because there were complaints the final boss in the main game was too easy, they made the DLC boss harder. Doesn't help there's three stages to the fight too (though thankfully once you beat a stage you don't have to do it again if you die on a later stage).

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

I'm liking the look of Moze or Zane. I almost always go with the commando route so i'll probably do the first playthrough with Moze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

That makes me happy! Can't wait.

• Advertisement

I'm liking the look of Moze or Zane. I almost always go with the commando route so i'll probably do the first playthrough with Moze.

My heart is saying Amara as it looks like she's the more tank-y option for solo play, but Zane could definitely be an interesting shout. Will have to check out more of his skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

I'm not going with a pet skag anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Googles "Is there a siren in borderlands 3"
    Amara the Siren is one of the playa.....
    Choice made

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

One thing that gives me hope that i can finally get into a borderlands game is that i keep seeing people say they have improved the gunplay loads for this one.

I always felt the older games were a bit clunky and not snappy in the aiming department,like theres some form of assist,acceleration or input lag issue. Could never really nail down what it was.

A guy that writes for forbes that usually covers destiny 2 has done some write ups and says hes quite happy how it handles so thats really good in my book as i find him to usually be spot on for me.

In any of the proper gameplay I've seen of it so far the movement and shooting stood out most. They really do look to be much improved.

• Advertisement

In any of the proper gameplay I've seen of it so far the movement and shooting stood out most. They really do look to be much improved.

The climbing ability is what I'm most looking forward to. So often stuck trying to jump up to a small ledge you know there might be a chest on or something, or even just trying to get to cover. Plus a variation of the slamming from The Pre-Sequel is back which was always fun.

Anyone else sign up and use the borderlands VIP program? https://borderlands.com/en-US/

Got a toothpick and hot mama out of it from the latest DLC in BL2, and a Mongol rocket launcher from it from the main game so far.

For pissing about a bit in work, its easy enough to gain points and get the stuff you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Anyone else sign up and use the borderlands VIP program? https://borderlands.com/en-US/

Got a toothpick and hot mama out of it from the latest DLC in BL2, and a Mongol rocket launcher from it from the main game so far.

For pissing about a bit in work, its easy enough to gain points and get the stuff you want.

Yeah I’ve signed up too, I’ve all the videos watched along with articles visited. Only thing I don’t like is that you have to watch the videos from the site itself, you can’t just connect borderlands to YouTube account so if you watch it in YouTube it automatically gets marked as watched in VIP rewards

Deluxe edition Bonus DLC

retro-small.jpg

neon-small.jpg

gearbox-small.jpg

toy-small.jpg

Super Deluxe Edition which includes all Deluxe Edition Bonuses along with
    • 4 campaign DLC packs featuring new stories, missions and challenges
    • Butt Stallion weapon skin
    • Butt Stallion weapon trinket
    • Butt Stallion grenade mod

67190052_10156874631264081_1539931829304295424_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQktA84k7NrbNaOS70OV9HqdzHC694VwHzdUHIeaTlU9xTbtI4vLeV8LKz62CjW4l1M&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=30dcd2926b90b0686e19be74ce6528d5&oe=5DA8BE59

Apart from the above, anyone know if there will be a bit of a bonus for having a BL2 save on your account, much like BL2 had after playing BL1.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Most likely I'd say, considering they released DLC for 2 to tie into 3.

I hadn't heard anything about the weapon trinkets before. Are they one-use items or can you take them off a gun and put it on another? Do they have any use or just cosmetic?

Breakdown of Zane's three action skills and some of the additional skills in those trees

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-07-30-bl3-zane-ways-to-play/?email_address=&timestamp=1564500935&user_id=128172483&username=3f2fff60754b8758a545662783f59152f7f8abf37aff75977a5e2d3b54559f46&verified=1&sig=4a8fe699d1e1e17631004cd608bf49a1

I kinda dismissed Zane, but the Digi-clone skill could be awesome. That said, I think that Oirish accent might put me off picking him.

Dunno about him, the clone is the similar to Jacks from the presequel. I'll give him a play though, but probably wouldn't take it too seriously.

Dunno about him, the clone is the similar to Jacks from the presequel. I'll give him a play though, but probably wouldn't take it too seriously.

Yeah I'm still leaning towards Amara the Siren myself. More aimed at Solo/Tank + Siren powers which might make her a real powerhouse.

Moze and Fl4k don't really interest me too much. Zane would probably be the second one I try. Wonder do they have another two DLC characters up their sleeves though.

Also, I'm back playing TPS. I caught the Borderlands bug again and it just won't let me go :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Penn wrote: »
    That said, I think that Oirish accent might put me off picking him.

The worst part is that he's voiced by a lad called Cian Barry... I knew I could hear the normal Irish accent in there, but he's adding the Oirish for some reason. Shame. Plus, the look of the character doesn't suit the voice.

I caught the Borerlands bug. Played through Borderlands 1 and all DLC recently and currently playing through Borderlands 2 and then all DLC. I don't know if I will replay the pre sequel as I will be burnt out after playing 1 and 2. And then 3 coming out in the not too distant future. Knowing me I probably will play the pre sequel.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Penn wrote: »
    Moze is a likely candidate for starting character but not a fan of tying so much to a mech that's not going to be around :/

Nody wrote: »
    Moze is a likely candidate for starting character but not a fan of tying so much to a mech that's not going to be around :/

Yeah, up until watching that i was all up for doing my first playthrough as Moze, but i think i'll wait to see what the other 2 are like before making a proper decision.

Nody wrote: »

Yeah she seems more like the Roland/Axton, but at least they were independent of their turrets whereas Moze just D-Va's into the mech.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

^ I'll be avoiding that.

Me two. I don't like ruining games on myself.

• Advertisement

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-08-06-bl3-amara-ways-to-play/

Amara The Siren's trailer and overview of action skills

Advertisement