Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lidl, Clonsilla

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Teothican

john why wrote: »
    Will it be open before Christmas?

hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

It looks that way. Windows in and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭daymobrew

raheny red wrote: »
    113 spaces I think I read a while ago. Wonder if there's anywhere to lock bikes etc?
    The original planning application mentioned 36 bicycle spaces but that might have been for the apartments.

One of the recent documents shows 6 bicycle racks outside the shop.

It's an improvement on the two in Blakestown and zero at West End Retail Park. I lock my bike to the end of the trolley racks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭raheny red

The new Aldi in Blanch SC has a decent amount of bike racks thankfully. Probably about 30? And all sheltered too.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fiddle Castro

daymobrew wrote: »
    It's an improvement on the two in Blakestown and zero at West End Retail Park. I lock my bike to the end of the trolley racks.

There are covered bike racks opposite Lidl in West End, just around the corner from ATM at Argos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I definitely read December being listed as the opening target when they advertised for staff online so I'd say they'll want to open then to capture the Christmas business.

Are the apartments part of a later phase as apart from the small retail units also being built, I don't see anything that looks like residential units being constructed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭daymobrew

There are covered bike racks opposite Lidl in West End, just around the corner from ATM at Argos.
    I know them.
    I hate that style of bike rack as it's hard to lock both wheels to them. If you put a wheel in the slot it could get bent. And they are too close together so your bike can get scratched (imagine car park spaces being so close that the body work gets scratched!!).

Businesses install them because they are cheap (and tick a box).

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Daeltaja

Insomnia confirmed as the coffee shop taking the big unit not attached to the main building.

Daeltaja wrote: »
    Insomnia confirmed as the coffee shop taking the big unit not attached to the main building.

That's a terrible decision unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Daeltaja wrote: »

This is actually great news. Clonsilla is crying out for a coffee shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fiddle Castro

That's a terrible decision unfortunately

Agreed, there are already 4 Insomnia Coffee shops in D15 AFAIK and IMO the coffee is awful, a bit of variety would be great. Coffee Works in Blanch village is the only local place with decent coffee.

This is actually great news. Clonsilla is crying out for a coffee shop

It's crying out for a good coffee shop. Not a chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Phil.x

I'd go if it was a Starbucks.

In an ideal world a small local independent would be perfect but failing this a chain is better than nothing

Phil.x wrote: »
    I'd go if it was a Starbucks.

Not a coffee fan so?

Not a coffee fan so?

How very dare you!! I love my Nescafe and kenco. ;)

Lidl opening 10th December

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭djmj

Lidl will be open from 10 December 8:00

• Registered Users Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

djmj wrote: »
    Lidl will be open from 10 December 8:00

Got some €10 of €50 spend vouchers in the door along with some other advertising for new store. First voucher not valid until 11-Jan but good to have all the same, didn't think Lidl did vouchers.

Still think the store is too close to both the Clonsilla Road and Link Road, site is plenty big enough so that planners stipulated it was pushed at least 5 meters further back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Got some €10 of €50 spend vouchers in the door along with some other advertising for new store. First voucher not valid until 11-Jan but good to have all the same, didn't think Lidl did vouchers.

Still think the store is too close to both the Clonsilla Road and Link Road, site is plenty big enough so that planners stipulated it was pushed at least 5 meters further back

I live in the immediate area and didn’t get a voucher. :(

• Advertisement

I live in the immediate area and didn’t get a voucher. :(

Yeah but you got a massive Lidl right on your doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Yeah but you got a massive Lidl right on your doorstep.

Yeah pretty happy about this to be honest. With the new Aldi open as well in the centre we’re spoiled for choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

They do this everywhere. Build right up to the edge of roads even where they don't have to. Create future bottlenecks.

When they come back later to build a bus lane or cycle lane or extra car lane or path whatever they have no room.

Anytime you mention this they blather on about density and don't need roads or paths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Polar101

Went there already, very spacious - car park is on ground floor and the shop is on 1st floor basically. Wasn't too busy, even though a lot of people were buying large boxes of special offers. 8 (I think) tills, and they had more than 2 open, which I didn't think was allowed in Lidl.

Staff were handing out vouchers (the same leaflet they sent to local households).

Looks like there's going to be a barber shop downstairs as well.

Can't say I noticed the (upcoming?) coffee shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Polar101 wrote: »

Can't say I noticed the (upcoming?) coffee shop.

That's part of the separate triple unit going up alongside the Link Road. Didn't look ready for occupation when I passed at the weekend so I'd say it'll be new year.

Good to hear nice feedback about the Lidl layout. Must try it out in the next few days

beauf wrote: »
    They do this everywhere. Build right up to the edge of roads even where they don't have to. Create future bottlenecks.

When they come back later to build a bus lane or cycle lane or extra car lane or path whatever they have no room.

Anytime you mention this they blather on about density and don't need roads or paths.

Same as the homes built on station road heading to hansfield station, one house is literally 30inches from the footpath.

I asked why no cyclelane to the station and how was this allowed to happen when they had a green field to plan from? Fingal and their bad planners said the road is 30kmph so not needed and some other such trash.

Same as the homes built on station road heading to hansfield station, one house is literally 30inches from the footpath.

I asked why no cyclelane to the station and how was this allowed to happen when they had a green field to plan from? Fingal and their bad planners said the road is 30kmph so not needed and some other such trash.

Is there no option to challenge the answers they give? Is it just ask a question, get an answer, and that's it? Genuine question btw, I'm not being smart.

Is there no option to challenge the answers they give? Is it just ask a question, get an answer, and that's it? Genuine question btw, I'm not being smart.

It's a Strategic Development Zone, so as far as I know it's all rammed through and any objections made by the public or councillors, (TD's??) cannot and will not be entertained at all. So in other words brown envelopes AFAIC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

They just do their own thing regardless of what is said.

• Advertisement

It's a Strategic Development Zone, so as far as I know it's all rammed through and any objections made by the public or councillors, (TD's??) cannot and will not be entertained at all. So in other words brown envelopes AFAIC.

Yes, seems to me as long as developers make a contribution to the local council then they can do what they want.

Advertisement