Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italy vs Ireland match thread, 24-2-2019.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,394 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I counted three penalty and one scrum offence by Italy in the build up to that try. Illegal pickup, push in the back, obstruction and a knock on.

My granny could have got the ball off Murray, he was that slow and hesitant and she's dead 30 years!

Disgraceful attitude from the players or some of them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Marengo wrote: »
    Conor Murray's mind has gone. Even things like not going under the post v Scotland.

Seems like a man who may have troubles in his personal life, something worrying him.

Form is temporary, class permanent but for now he shouldn't be out there.

What the actual f@*k??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,623 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Conor Murray's mind has gone. Even things like not going under the post v Scotland.

Seems like a man who may have troubles in his personal life, something worrying him.

Form is temporary, class permanent but for now he shouldn't be out there.

I can't tell if this is a serious post or not....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,901 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Clegg wrote: »
    Help us, Garry Ringrose.

You're our only hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

All the talk of Ireland having a BP win is now down the toilet with that 1st half effort. It's purely dreadful stuff so far.

I hope Joe gives his team a metaphorical arse kicking when they go out for the next part. Without it; it could be hell.

Conor O'Shea must be in glee with that first half performance in the Italy dressing room.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Stone Gossard

Tbf he does need dropping.

I'm all for playing your best players back into form. But Murray's been actively fecking with our performance.

We need to build from the back..I'm sorry, but we have huge!! issues in the pack

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Sorry what? That is not a law.

Murray picked the ball up, the ruck was over and he was so slow about it that Tebaldi was able to come across the get the ball.

Well the defender has to start from the hindmost foot to be onside, I felt he was at the front of the ruck.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Last Call

We're going to get absolutely trounced by Wales if we play even close to that first half performance.

Wales? Even FRANCE will slaughter us if we don't find form fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Ball too slow, Murray not up to pace....

We are just far too slow. Pull Murray and see how it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Pride comes before a fall. As a nation we get carried away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

caff wrote: »
    Thought he had minor nerve damage and muscle wastage from last injury, still not back 100% so one arm is stronger than the other

One arm clearly has muscle atrophy ive been noticing it last few weeks looks like skin and bone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

All the talk of Ireland having a BP win is now down the toilet with that 1st half effort. It's purely dreadful stuff so far.

I hope Joe gives his team a metaphorical arse kicking when they go out for the next part. Without it; it could be hell.

Conor O'Shea must be in glee with that first half performance in the Italy dressing room.

Ireland will still BP win this
    But they are abysmal
    Luckily they are playing a far more abysmal team

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭fitz

stephen_n wrote: »
    You reckon?

I'd expect us to cut out the errors in the second half...do that and I still reckon we thump them.

There's really not much excuse for the lack of accuracy and intensity so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Pride comes before a fall. As a nation we get carried away.

I think there's a bit more to it than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

We need to build from the back..I'm sorry, but we have huge!! issues in the pack

Go back 12-18 months If every player was fit and in form around the world, Murray makes the world XV

He is nowhere near that. Like a totally different player these days.

His form is an issue. Not the only issue but it is an issue

SoB looks very slow. He's not been aggressive enough. VdF needs on quickly.

Virgin panel is actively ignoring Murray's woeful performance.

It is. We all go through periods when we have personal problems in life, it's no slight on Conor. As an avid sports fan for 40 years and sports coach I've seen time and time again if someone is for example stressed with exams, bereavement, break ups, financial problems in amateur sport their game can disintegrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Murray and SOB are passengers in this side right now. We’re two and a half games in and playing rubbish. We can’t afford passengers trying to play themselves into form.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I bet there'll be no changes at half time unless someone's injured.....Farrell perhaps? But I would like a change a SH fairly quickly. And I'd like to see Van der Flier come on for SOB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I counted three penalty and one scrum offence by Italy in the build up to that try. Illegal pickup, push in the back, obstruction and a knock on.

just to balance this out Kearney obstructed an Italian player which caused them not to score a try so we are all even in my book

• Advertisement

Staying within points difference of England now an afterthought, we need to win this game. We had so much dominance in that opening 20 minutes and we did little with it.

Murray needs to cop on and stop gesticulating at the breakdown and just get the ball away. Refs have been having none of it all tournament and it's costing us quick ball. Between that and our appalling lineout we've no platform.

We've no second pivot in midfield for the remainder, we're predictable at the breakdown and Italy are finding space out wide. We look quite French after a few phases and we urgently need to tighten it up and keep the ball with the forwards until we have the scoreboard ticking over.

I really hope there's a 'bigger picture' going on here with the world Cup just months away. We are a good step down from 2018 Ireland this tournament. I hope we're trying to learn something from this because if there's no excuse its a bit of a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

iReLaNd nEeD tO rOtAtE aGaInSt ItALy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    caff wrote: »
    Thought he had minor nerve damage and muscle wastage from last injury, still not back 100% so one arm is stronger than the other

One arm clearly has muscle atrophy ive been noticing it last few weeks looks like skin and bone!

He's back in full training for almost 4 months. This showing has nothing to do with him lacking power.

Even if he did lack power, it wouldn't account for the errors or the multiple rucks where the ball was there and he was behind the play. An on form Murray has the ball whipped away the moment it is presented.

Tbf he does need dropping.

I'm all for playing your best players back into form. But Murray's been actively fecking with our performance.

I've said much the same. Big problems at the set piece and backrow is.making a lot of individual errors.

But that doesn't excuse what is a woeful Murray performance. He did well for our first try, change point of attack a number of times. But since then he's been awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,623 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

vienne86 wrote: »
    I bet there'll be no changes at half time unless someone's injured.....Farrell perhaps? But I would like a change a SH fairly quickly. And I'd like to see Van der Flier come on for SOB.

I'd be amazed if Joe subs Murray.

We still have such an over reliance on our first choice halfbacks, it's a massive concern.

vienne86 wrote: »
    I think there's a bit more to it than that.

It's a lot of it. Not staying grounded and continuing to do what made you a success in the first place.

Look at the defensive line speed? Lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

its_phil wrote: »
    Murray and SOB are passengers in this side right now. We’re two and a half games in and playing rubbish. We can’t afford passengers trying to play themselves into form.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 are big problem area today

Earls and Farrell have been decent

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Ireland will still BP win this
    But they are abysmal
    Luckily they are playing a far more abysmal team
    Hopefully but Italians havent been that abysmal...
    Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ball too slow, Murray not up to pace....

We are just far too slow. Pull Murray and see how it goes
    Murray has been poor but wouldnt pull him just yet. Look at some of the issues in front of him first. Sort set piece and give Murray and the rest of backs as a result something of a platform and then see if more needs to be said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Stone Gossard

Genuinely..what do you think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭griffinlee

cronin throwing to two locks he has never played with, dillane his first start and roux his second start. it cant be all his fault......

id be bringing on flier and cooney to speed things up..

Advertisement