Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

leakyboots wrote: »
    110 quid for the alt jersey!!! :eek::eek::eek:

That's the player fit jersey. The supporters jersey is €70.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Extra seats for the Sarries game, here hoping its a cracker :D

https://twitter.com/Munsterrugby/status/1201457693019582469

Be very interesting to see what team Sarries travel with.

I don't see a full strength side coming to Thomond at all, but they've narrowed the gap in the Prem to 22 points so their closing back in on second last.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Be very interesting to see what team Sarries travel with.

I don't see a full strength side coming to Thomond at all, but they've narrowed the gap in the Prem to 22 points so their closing back in on second last.

What's going on in the Premiership is crazy. Saracens are on -18 points but I still think Leicester are the team most likely to be relegated. The side are in free fall and the return of their world cup players hasn't helped one iota. They look dreadfully coached.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Think it would be in their best interests to send the best team they can. Might not be full strength but could be fairly close.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Eod100 wrote: »
    Think it would be in their best interests to send the best team they can. Might not be full strength but could be fairly close.

But equally the opposite.

They absolutely don't need to send their best team. They can lose in Limerick and still qualify by beating Munster and Racing in London and Ospreys in Swansea. The draw last week was a great result for Saracens.

But equally the opposite.

Depends what their motivation is. I guess avoiding relegation is main one currently but bar something seriously wrong happening they should avoid it. They likely won't qualify for Champions Cup via Premiership so Champions Cup might be best route. Tricky balance alright

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Sarries don't play again in the Premiership for another two weeks after the game in Thomond. Plenty of time for players to recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Depends what their motivation is. I guess avoiding relegation is main one currently but bar something seriously wrong happening they should avoid it. They likely won't qualify for Champions Cup via Premiership so Champions Cup might be best route. Tricky balance alright

They need to get as many points as possible as quickly as possible in the premiership based on their books for this year being examined. Who knows what the outcome of that investigation will be.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Sarries don't play again in the Premiership for another two weeks after the game in Thomond. Plenty of time for players to recover.

They have another fixture next weekend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

On a separate note, have they increased the price of tickets this year?

Got a CatB (section 208) ticket for the Leinster game at Christmas and it cost me €75 plus ticketmasters €8 robbery so €81!

They absolutely don't need to send their best team. They can lose in Limerick and still qualify by beating Munster and Racing in London and Ospreys in Swansea. The draw last week was a great result for Saracens.

Guess I meant best team they can afford to send. Whatever that is really up to them but if it's concentrating solely on Premiership it won't be full strength. Yeah think 5 points vs Ospreys is guaranteed. It would probably make sense that they would target their home games but then losing either of them wouldn't give them much room for error.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

They've the return fixture the following week and then are playing #2 (Bristol) and #3 (Exeter) in the Premiership in the 2 subsequent weeks. They don't have any free weekend.

Personally, I think they'll try and balance their first team throughout each fixture.

They need to get as many points as possible as quickly as possible in the premiership based on their books for this year being examined. Who knows what the outcome of that investigation will be.

Is that not happening either way?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,179 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Saracens have back to back against Munster followed by a visit of Bristol (2nd in the table) and a trip to Exeter.

I reckon they're not going to send their strongest choice team to Limerick but I can see them sending a very good side. Guys like Koch and Spencer (both involved in the RWC final) were on the bench at the weekend. Jackson Wray and Duncan Taylor both came off at halftime. Lozowski wasn't involved either. The front line internationals have mostly played only one game in a month now so should be very much ready to all feature in at least one of the two Munster games.

The talk on Saracens forum is that they're going to go very strong for this weekend and see how they get on. If they can get something this weekend, their European campaign comes alive and they go from there especially with guys like Goode and Williams to return in the new year.

davo2001 wrote: »
    On a separate note, have they increased the price of tickets this year?

Got a CatB (section 208) ticket for the Leinster game at Christmas and it cost me €75 plus ticketmasters €8 robbery so €81!

Dynamic pricing. The closer it gets to a sell out the more expensive the remaining tickets get. It's been there for a few years, but this season tickets seem to be selling more quickly than normal.

Dynamic pricing. The closer it gets to a sell out the more expensive the remaining tickets get. It's been there for a few years, but this season tickets seem to be selling more quickly than normal.

Funny thing was I was sure there were more tickets for Racing match when I tried to buy them they were 75e, seems to be less tickets for Saracens and got ones for 75w. Seems to have added the extra seats for Saracens as of today if that's any good to anyone too!

After undergoing a scan last week, Jeremy Loughman will not require surgery on the ankle injury he sustained against Racing 92 but will be managed conservatively by the medical staff.

Joey Carbery is progressing well with his rehabilitation from an ankle injury and is in line to make a return towards the end of the month.

Tyler Bleyendaal, who recently presented with neck stiffness, will be given a number of weeks to rest in taking every precaution with his recovery.

Continuing to rehab: Jeremy Loughman (ankle), Tyler Bleyendaal (neck), Chris Cloete (RTPP), Dave Kilcoyne (calf), Joey Carbery (ankle), Ciaran Parker (calf), Darren Sweetnam (hamstring) https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2019/12/02/squad-update-munster-prepare-for-saracens-at-thomond/

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Tyler Bleyendaal and neck: Words you never want to see in the same sentence. Fingers crossed for him.

• Advertisement

Tyler Bleyendaal and neck: Words you never want to see in the same sentence. Fingers crossed for him.

Definitely. Hope it's something minor.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Likely to see a 6-2 split again with Bleyendaal absent. It's difficult to know who will start at 7 or be on the bench to cover the back five after the changes in the first two games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

With his injury record you would think his long term health has to be at risk if he continues to play.....how many seasons has he been at Munster and how many has be been fit for majority?

To answer my question this is 4th season

I think maybe 1 season he could say he played a decent amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Is that not happening either way?

The audit of their books is happening either way. But if they aren't going to meet the salary cap this year there might be more punishments. Or they could be forced to get under the cap. They would be smart to have as many points on the board as possible before hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Felix Jones is God.

Just reading this and it seems there is some real concern about Tyler, different neck injury.... but just compounding the existing issues

https://www.the42.ie/tyler-bleyendaal-munster-neck-injury-2-4916148-Dec2019/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Just reading this and it seems there is some real concern about Tyler, different neck injury.... but just compounding the existing issues

https://www.the42.ie/tyler-bleyendaal-munster-neck-injury-2-4916148-Dec2019/

A bit of sense talked about here.....from all discussion he seems to have potential as a coach

No point risking his long term health

When you hear Fla talking about Felix Jones(came to mind with your name) and breaking his neck twice before retiring it is a bit crazy

Ko confirmed for Racing v Munster, 12/01 16:15 (French time) https://mobile.twitter.com/ChampionsCup_FR/status/1202229884753457158

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ko confirmed for Racing v Munster, 12/01 16:15 (French time) https://mobile.twitter.com/ChampionsCup_FR/status/1202229884753457158

Making my way over to this from Germany and then heading to the PSG game after the rugby. Going to be some Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,141 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Vunipola x 2 and Farrell not travelling to Limerick apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Where did you hear that?

and thanks..

Advertisement