Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Racing are 10th in the top 14 on 18 points, Lyon are on 35 points at he top of the table.

Saracens are playing their B -team and Ospreys are a shambles....

Hardest pool my ass lol

Talking through your hat, but I suspect you know that! Enjoy the fishing!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Loughman is going for a scan.

Continuing to rehab: Chris Cloete (RTPP), Dave Kilcoyne (calf), Joey Carbery (ankle), Ciaran Parker (calf), Darren Sweetnam (hamstring).

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2019/11/25/squad-update-munster-prepare-for-edinburgh-clash-in-cork/

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Likely to see wholesale changes with Saracens x2 and the usual rotation for the interpros. James Cronin might need to be rested completely as we can't afford him to get injured as well.

Something like:

LOC, Marshall, Knox, Holland, DOS, F Wycherley, TOD, Botha;
    McCarthy, Healy, Wootton, Goggin, Arnold, Coombes, Daly

KOB, J Wycherley, Archer, Holloway, JOS, Casey, Bleyendaal, Nash

• Registered Users Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone know roughly when round 5 fixture (away to Racing) is usually confirmed? Still just down as weekend of 10th January

• Registered Users Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone know roughly when round 5 fixture (away to Racing) is usually confirmed? Still just down as weekend of 10th January

Last time we had them it was confirmed on 22 DECEMBER!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Teams can bring different form into European competition obviously. 'B team' doesn't mean a whole lot when it comes to Saracens tbh. Treviso and Northampton are no great shakes so cancel out Lyon, no?

northampton are second in the premiership and Treviso would probably beat Munster home and away at this rate lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

aloooof wrote: »
    The bookies think otherwise, but since you seem to find this so laughable, which pool do you think is harder?

And I don't think you can read too much into the league position in France yet, with players returning. For example, Lyon had 3 players at the RWC. Racing had 10. Similarly, Clermont and Toulouse had 10 each also.

Pool 1,2,3 are harder

Pool 1
    Lyon - Similar difficulty to Racing
    Leinster -
    Northampton - Better than saracens B team
    Treviso - Better than Ospreys

Pool 2
    Ulster
    Clermont - similar difficulty to Racing
    Harlequins - Better than Ospreys (by far)
    Bath - Similar difficulty to Saracens B

Pool 3
    Exeter Chiefs - Similar difficulty to Racing, Better than Saracens B, better than ospreys
    Sale - Better than Ospreys, similar difficulty to saracens B
    Glasgow - Similar difficulty to saracens B, Better than Ospreys
    La Rochelle - Better then Ospreys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

aloooof wrote: »
    The bookies think otherwise, but since you seem to find this so laughable, which pool do you think is harder?

And I don't think you can read too much into the league position in France yet, with players returning. For example, Lyon had 3 players at the RWC. Racing had 10. Similarly, Clermont and Toulouse had 10 each also.

Everything depends on how Saracens approach the remaining games.....

If they don't bother and just concentrate of Premiership then its an easy group.

If they decide they want to play then it is difficult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Felix Jones is God.

Paddy Butler in Japan and looking like he's signing for Yamaha Jubilo... Is he the first Irishman to play for a Japanese club?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Paddy Butler in Japan and looking like he's signing for Yamaha Jubilo... Is he the first Irishman to play for a Japanese club?

Harrison Brewer is playing in Japan at the moment. Was never capped at senior. level for Leinster tho. Wouldn't be as high profile as Butler.

• Advertisement

Clegg wrote: »
    Harrison Brewer is playing in Japan at the moment. Was never capped at senior. level for Leinster tho. Wouldn't be as high profile as Butler.

Think that's a bit of a stretch...son of an AB..left Ireland to play in New Zealand...I think! ....before moving onto Japan... but we'll give you that one, hadn't even remembered him

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

northampton are second in the premiership and Treviso would probably beat Munster home and away at this rate lol
    is this necessary? Who cares about strength of each sides pool right now.
    Think that's a bit of a stretch...son of an AB..left Ireland to play in New Zealand...I think! ....before moving onto Japan... but we'll give you that one, hadn't even remembered him
    not a stretch. Apart from being son of an all black butler has much bigger profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

He never really left Ireland, he played with Manawatu to get more game time at flanker in the off season but played with Terenure in the AIL pretty frequently until this season.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

depends on your definition of a "japanese" team...

Conan O Donnell played with the sunwolves in the 2019 season.

He never really left Ireland, he played with Manawatu to get more game time at flanker in the off season but played with Terenure in the AIL pretty frequently until this season.

He went to Japan over a year ago I thought....

sydthebeat wrote: »
    depends on your definition of a "japanese" team...

Conan O Donnell played with the sunwolves in the 2019 season.

Good shout..and I think as he's provincially capped, I'll give you that one

He went to Japan over a year ago I thought....

Played for Terenure all last season. Only signed for Panasonic this season.

Played for Terenure all last season. Only signed for Panasonic this season.

I'll have to check...but thought he left Manawatu for a Japanese team in early 2018

Edit.. found his LinkedIn profile and he's been with Docomo since march 2018... They're coached by his father Mike

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Good shout..and I think as he's provincially capped, I'll give you that one

heres a VERY obscure one for you.....

Mark Egan, current head of competitions and performance at world rugby, played with kobelco steeler from 1993 to 1997

Hes originally terenure , ireland u21s and u25s and represented connacht and the baabaas

:D

Caranica wrote: »
    Last time we had them it was confirmed on 22 DECEMBER!

That's mad! Unless it's this week, looks like it will be next month anyways. Bit mad for fans thinking of traveling that it's out so late. Especially when there's only one broadcaster now.

• Advertisement

I'll have to check...but thought he left Manawatu for a Japanese team in early 2018

Edit.. found his LinkedIn profile and he's been with Docomo since march 2018... They're coached by his father Mike

Yeah. But Top challenge was only played over 3 months. He was playing for Terenure right up until the end of the AIL season, unless he has a twin brother with the same name....

That's mad! Unless it's this week, looks like it will be next month anyways. Bit mad for fans thinking of traveling that it's out so late. Especially when there's only one broadcaster now.

I know, I was going crazy waiting to book flights, hotels not a problem at that time of year. Although I did Racing as a day trip, Stade was an overnight (and a Saturday) the year before

• Registered Users Posts: 23,737 ✭✭✭✭phog

The MRSC lottery for the 6Ns tickets is now open - order via your MRSC account

Referees out for rounds 3 and 4. Poite at home and Gauzere away. https://www.epcrugby.com/2019/11/27/referee-appointments-rds-3-4/

Lifestyle doing a buy 1 get 1 half price on Munster gear until midnight on Monday if it's of use to anyone.

Munster: Shane Daly; Calvin Nash, Sammy Arnold, Dan Goggin, Alex Wootton; Ben Healy, Nick McCarthy; Liam O’Connor, Rhys Marshall, Stephen Archer; Fineen Wycherley, Darren O’Shea; Jack O’Donoghue (C) Tommy O’Donnell, Arno Botha.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, James Cronin, Keynan Knox, Jed Holloway, Conor Oliver, Neil Cronin, JJ Hanrahan, Rory Scannell. https://www.munsterrugby.ie/preview/team-named-munster-side-to-face-edinburgh-in-cork/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,737 ✭✭✭✭phog

Munster: Shane Daly; Calvin Nash, Sammy Arnold, Dan Goggin, Alex Wootton; Ben Healy, Nick McCarthy; Liam O’Connor, Rhys Marshall, Stephen Archer; Fineen Wycherley, Darren O’Shea; Jack O’Donoghue (C) Tommy O’Donnell, Arno Botha.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, James Cronin, Keynan Knox, Jed Holloway, Conor Oliver, Neil Cronin, JJ Hanrahan, Rory Scannell. https://www.munsterrugby.ie/preview/team-named-munster-side-to-face-edinburgh-in-cork/

Healy was one of the extras that warmed up with Munster last weekend, good to see him getting the start this weekend.

That's a very exciting team IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Lifestyle doing a buy 1 get 1 half price on Munster gear until midnight on Monday if it's of use to anyone.

110 quid for the alt jersey!!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Advertisement