Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I saw a couple of people in T.P. wearing hats that said "Salaries".

Poor form imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I saw a couple of people in T.P. wearing hats that said "Salaries".

Poor form imho.

Anything I've seen on social media from Saracens fans has praised Munster fans so say they were in the minority tbf.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anything I've seen on social media from Saracens fans has praised Munster fans so say they were in the minority tbf.

Yes but it was still bad form imho.

Yes but it was still bad form imho.

Sure but I think among a crowd of 26,000+ there's always going to be a handful doing stuff like that. Doesn't make it right but at least it's only a small minority

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

On the injury front, there is positive news for Chris Cloete as he has returned to team training.

Rhys Marshall is in rehabilitation with the medical department after undergoing a surgical procedure on his knee last week.

Continuing to rehab: Jeremy Loughman (ankle), Tyler Bleyendaal (neck), Dave Kilcoyne (calf), Joey Carbery (ankle), Ciaran Parker (calf), Darren Sweetnam (hamstring).

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2019/12/09/squad-update-ahead-of-trip-to-saracens/

Marshall is luckless.
    I assume Cloete will be a straight swap for Botha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

On the injury front, there is positive news for Chris Cloete as he has returned to team training.

Rhys Marshall is in rehabilitation with the medical department after undergoing a surgical procedure on his knee last week.

Continuing to rehab: Jeremy Loughman (ankle), Tyler Bleyendaal (neck), Dave Kilcoyne (calf), Joey Carbery (ankle), Ciaran Parker (calf), Darren Sweetnam (hamstring).

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2019/12/09/squad-update-ahead-of-trip-to-saracens/

Marshall is luckless.
    I assume Cloete will be a straight swap for Botha.

Based on form i wouldnt have Cloete near the squad, TOD in for Botha in my book.

Anyone know the story with the MRSC lottery? Has it been and gone ah this stage? Don't seem to see option of lottery when I log into my account

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Anyone know the story with the MRSC lottery? Has it been and gone ah this stage? Don't seem to see option of lottery when I log into my account

It was available around last week / 2 weeks ago, but seems to have finished up now alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Botha got a 3 week ban thankfully Cloete and O Donnell are fit

• Subscribers Posts: 41,057 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

sioda wrote: »
    Botha got a 3 week ban thankfully Cloete and O Donnell are fit

if you mash the two of the together you might get just about bothas size.....

• Advertisement

3 weeks seems fair enough. Annoying time to lose him as he would likely start against Connacht and possibly Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

just got email about the lottery

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭phog

Riskymove wrote: »

I got one too - successful :D

phog wrote: »
    I got one too - successful :D

timely anyway ahead of IRFU sale

Riskymove wrote: »

Ah cheers. Must have missed the boat

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭phog

Munster A games
    Munster face Leinster at Donnybrook on Friday, December 13 (7.30pm) and face the Ireland U20s on Sunday, December 29 at Irish Independent Park (1pm).

A mixture of senior, Academy and club players have been selected with Academy hooker Diarmuid Barron captaining the side.

Senior players Alex Wootton, Neil Cronin, Darren O’Shea, Seán O’Connor, Gavin Coombes, Conor Oliver and Craig Casey are all named in the squad.

12 Greencore Munster Rugby Academy players are included – Alan Tynan, Alex McHenry, Ben Healy, Josh Wycherley, Barron, Keynan Knox, Jack O’Sullivan, Eoghan Clarke, James French, Thomas Ahern, John Hodnett and Liam Coombes.

Garryowen trio Jack Delaney, Corrie Barrett, and Cian Hurley and UCC’s Harry O’Riordan are also named in the matchday 23.

Munster A:
    Alan Tynan; Liam Coombes, Alex McHenry, Jack Delaney, Alex Wootton; Ben Healy, Neil Cronin;
    Josh Wycherley, Diarmuid Barron (C), Keynan Knox; Darren O’Shea, Seán O’Connor; Gavin Coombes, Conor Oliver, Jack O’Sullivan.

Replacements: Eoghan Clarke, James French, Corrie Barrett, Thomas Ahern, Cian Hurley, John Hodnett, Craig Casey, Harry O’Riordan.

In another article, Peter Malone mentioned that Sean French was unavailable for this game due to exams. Good to see John Hodnett involved, it would be great if he could push for a senior appearance during the Six Nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Cronin ahead of casey, what exactly is the point of playing Cronin over Casey, is Stafford injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

Any recommendations for a pub in Toulouse that might show the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

budhabob wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a pub in Toulouse that might show the game?

Toulouse is rugby mad, won't be hard to find one. The melting pot was the Leinster base there last year, there were plenty of Munster flags on the wall. Decent boozer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Craig Casey picks up a nomination for RTE Sport's Young Sportsperson of the year. Hoping we see more of him in a Munster shirt in the coming months. Plenty of energy and bosses players around the place.

https://twitter.com/Shannon_RFC/status/1205432632928088065

🤪

Team named:

Munster: Mike Haley; Andrew Conway, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; JJ Hanrahan, Conor Murray; James Cronin, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland; Tadhg Beirne, Peter O’Mahony (C), CJ Stander.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Liam O’Connor, Stephen Archer, Fineen Wycherley, Jack O’Donoghue, Nick McCarthy, Dan Goggin, Tommy O’Donnell.

John Ryan in for Archer, otherwise the 15 is unchanged. 6/2 split again, TOD taking Botha's bench spot and Goggin in for Arnold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Whoops thought Sarries were apparently throwing Europe this year!

As if!!

Vunipola x2, farrell, george, daly all starting

Saracens team:

15 Max Malins
    14 Sean Maitland
    13 Alex Lozowski
    12 Nick Tompkins
    11 Elliot Daly
    10 Owen Farrell (c)
    9 Richard Wigglesworth
    1 Mako Vunipola
    2 Jamie George
    3 Vincent Koch
    4 Joel Kpoku
    5 George Kruis
    6 Nick Isiekwe
    7 Ben Earl
    8 Billy Vunipola

Replacements

16 Tom Woolstencroft
    17 Richard Barrington
    18 Josh Ibuanokpe
    19 Calum Clark
    20 Jackson Wray
    21 Ben Spencer
    22 Manu Vunipola
    23 Duncan Taylor

Always going to be strong tram at home and with Bristol at home next week too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

jr86 wrote: »
    Whoops thought Sarries were apparently throwing Europe this year!

As if!!

Who told you that? Everyone knew they'd go strong at home. Still not their strongest though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I see that prick Calum Clark is on their bench....

jr86 wrote: »

No team can have their first choice 15 not playing for three or four weeks at a time

They were all going to get some game time, likely at home

Having said that I don't think only playing a less than full first team in the make or break fixture says they are committed to Europe this season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Callum Clark is good for a penalty or card. Tough ask here for Munster. The only saving grace is no Itoje!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Some great deals to be had on lifestyle for Munster gear at the minute, 50% off alot of gear and then running buy 1 get 1 half price ..

https://www.lifestylesports.com/ie/munster-rugby/

Got a polo and a training t shirt for €39 with free delivery to parcel motel..

Advertisement