Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

aloooof wrote: »
    Fwiw, this seems to be the latest on it:

An actual source. Speaking sense.
    Thank feck for that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

snotboogie wrote: »
    Seems to confirm discussions are taking place. This year would be a huge ask tbf.Would be great to see it in 2020.

Which, as others have pointed out, means practically nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

snotboogie wrote: »
    Seems to confirm discussions are taking place. This year would be a huge ask tbf. Would be great to see it in 2020.

I agree. Nice to see the Munster coming up with some new idea's to promote the sport

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Could be especially useful for a home European semi final, avoid having to leave the province.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Could be especially useful for a home European semi final, avoid having to leave the province.

The IRFU aren't going to ever sanction that if the Aviva is standing empty at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

The IRFU aren't going to ever sanction that if the Aviva is standing empty at the same time.

You’re probably right. I haven’t followed it too closely, what would be the logic for sanctioning any game there? Extra seats as opposed to Thomond would make up for cost of renting is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

I think Munster should focus their efforts on lining up PUC for a home country quarter final should Munster get this far in the competition

I agree with the earlier the points that moving the Leinster game away from TP would upset long term sponsors / Vendors and the likes who are behind Munster all year around

More than likely the Cork Gaa board looking to increase their coffers rather than Munster looking to move games

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I wonder how keen the irfu would be on Munster using PUC over the Aviva for a home quarter.

salmocab wrote: »
    I wonder how keen the irfu would be on Munster using PUC over the Aviva for a home quarter.

Interesting alright to see what they would think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Canyon86 wrote: »
    I think Munster should focus their efforts on lining up PUC for a home country quarter final should Munster get this far in the competition

I agree with the earlier the points that moving the Leinster game away from TP would upset long term sponsors / Vendors and the likes who are behind Munster all year around

More than likely the Cork Gaa board looking to increase their coffers rather than Munster looking to move games

Why would the sponsers complain? I would guess most of these are buying hoarding and space to advertise products at the games. They would be hitting a larger customer base if in PUC?

Or you talking about local pubs/clubs etc? I doubt they are giving anything to Munster....

It would have to be financially viable for both Cork GAA and Munster. Why would Munster even discuss it if they didnt have the chance to make more money than they would out of a home Thomond game

It also gives Munster and the IRFU to push into a potentially new customerbase, how many fans would just go for the occasion from the Cork area? a large game at a GAA group could pull in a large new customer base

Not sure why the most of people are against it, Munster and IRFU and all the procvinces should be looking at way to get new fans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

When do tickets for Munster home pro 14 games become available on ticket master?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Car99 wrote: »
    When do tickets for Munster home pro 14 games become available on ticket master?

They're already on sale https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2019/08/16/on-sale-early-bird-tickets-to-opening-five-home-games/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,823 ✭✭✭✭phog

I don't see it happening this year but there's a bit of a novelty in the idea and it might work. I think it will cost more and discommode a few but if the financials work out then I'd be in favour of it.

I really don't see this being a "weekend" for the Leinster fans on tour to Cork though as has been mentioned above. Any fixture over Xmas is hard to sell to away fans and this will be no different.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Do we have a date for when the European Cup fixtures will be announced?

🤪

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Do we have a date for when the European Cup fixtures will be announced?

They tweeted last week saying they'd be out 'soon'. It was August 17th last season, so I'd expect them this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sir Guy who smiles

phog wrote: »

I really don't see this being a "weekend" for the Leinster fans on tour to Cork though as has been mentioned above. Any fixture over Xmas is hard to sell to away fans and this will be no different.

I used to love going out in Cork; I might be all for it if the match was a few days after Christmas and before New year's-like this year-but couldn't see myself going down for Stephan's day.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sir Guy who smiles

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Not sure why the most of people are against it, Munster and IRFU and all the procvinces should be looking at way to get new fans

I think a lot of Munster fans are also GAA fans, and those from outside Cork may see this as Cork GAA looking to pay for a stadium they didn't need, when it reopened first a few fixtures were held there that inconvenienced both counties involved.

Obviously it would be great for fans in Cork, who don't get many games for all the rugby that's played in the city/county.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,823 ✭✭✭✭phog

I used to love going out in Cork; I might be all for it if the match was a few days after Christmas and before New year's-like this year-but couldn't see myself going down for Stephan's day.

I don't see families that have an influx of visitors home over the Christmas period heading to Cork for anything more than the match day itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭shootermacg

phog wrote: »
    I don't see families that have an influx of visitors home over the Christmas period heading to Cork for anything more than the match day itself.

Cork is a great place for a day out though. I'd love to visit a game, then hit the pubs there.
    Would be a bit less lively around xmas though. The students make it to a certain extent.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Why would the sponsers complain? I would guess most of these are buying hoarding and space to advertise products at the games. They would be hitting a larger customer base if in PUC?

Or you talking about local pubs/clubs etc? I doubt they are giving anything to Munster....

It would have to be financially viable for both Cork GAA and Munster. Why would Munster even discuss it if they didnt have the chance to make more money than they would out of a home Thomond game

It also gives Munster and the IRFU to push into a potentially new customerbase, how many fans would just go for the occasion from the Cork area? a large game at a GAA group could pull in a large new customer base

Yes I was just saying that the major sponsors in TP may possibly object with moving the game from limerick, the sponsors might not get the advertising space in PUC for the game, I wasnt mentioning pubs/clubs no

I agree with your post about increasing fan base, Personally as a Cork man id love to see it happen just feel other influences will object to it, Hopefully it does happen :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Look forward to hearing him on Wednesday night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

As much as I appreciate that the development league is for development I gotta say, pretty disappointed with the team selection for tomorrow night.

I was really looking forward to heading to it but now not so much.

Only 3 of the academy featuring

Munster:
    Rob Hedderman (UCC),
    Matt Bowen (UCC),
    Louis Bruce (UCC),
    Tommy Downes (Galwegians),
    Ronan Quinn (Dublin University);
    Jack Crowley (Capt) (Bandon),
    Charlie O’Doherty (Young Munster);
    James French (Academy),
    Scott Buckley (UCC),
    Corrie Barrett (Garryowen);
    Kevin Seymour (Garryowen),
    Paddy Kelly (Academy);
    Cian Hurley (Clonakilty),
    David Hyland (Cork Con),
    Luke Clohessy (Shannon).

Replacements:
    Kieran O’Shea (UL Bohs),
    Aaron Hennessy (Nenagh),
    Luke Masters (Cork Con),
    Eoin O’Connor (Academy),
    Conor Mitchell (Young Munster),
    Kevin O’Connor (Cashel),
    Maccon Casserly (Old Crescent),
    Pa Ryan (Shannon).

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Seems a bit pointless alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭yurtyaherne

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    As much as I appreciate that the development league is for development I gotta say, pretty disappointed with the team selection for tomorrow night.

I was really looking forward to heading to it but now not so much.

Only 3 of the academy featuring

Munster:
    Rob Hedderman (UCC),
    Matt Bowen (UCC),
    Louis Bruce (UCC),
    Tommy Downes (Galwegians),
    Ronan Quinn (Dublin University);
    Jack Crowley (Capt) (Bandon),
    Charlie O’Doherty (Young Munster);
    James French (Academy),
    Scott Buckley (UCC),
    Corrie Barrett (Garryowen);
    Kevin Seymour (Garryowen),
    Paddy Kelly (Academy);
    Cian Hurley (Clonakilty),
    David Hyland (Cork Con),
    Luke Clohessy (Shannon).

Replacements:
    Kieran O’Shea (UL Bohs),
    Aaron Hennessy (Nenagh),
    Luke Masters (Cork Con),
    Eoin O’Connor (Academy),
    Conor Mitchell (Young Munster),
    Kevin O’Connor (Cashel),
    Maccon Casserly (Old Crescent),
    Pa Ryan (Shannon).
    A chance for province to look at guys who're potential academy players etc. Academy guys expected to be involved in pre season games for senior side as world cup is on etc.
    Seems a bit pointless alright.
    Wouldnt say pointless. And its only game 1. will see academy guys added to later rounds i imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Away to Ospreys
    Home to Racing
    Home to Sarries
    Away to Sarries
    Away to Racing
    Home to Ospreys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Away to Ospreys
    Home to Racing
    Home to Sarries
    Away to Sarries
    Away to Racing
    Home to Ospreys

Reasonably happy with that. We'll need to win our home games against Racing and Sarries so having those up first might give us a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Why is the date and time of the away v Racing still TBC?

Advertisement