Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

Some impressively 3 inch think red munster sunglasses you have watching that game...laughable

This from a guy who posted JOB would thrive in international rugby.... pitiful

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Some impressively 3 inch think red munster sunglasses you have watching that game...laughable

Not an awful lot wrong, our lineout malfunctioned and it isn’t a stretch to think KO’B could do well there

Casey, while not starting test level yet, is showing great promise and JGP did absolutely zero to justify him getting the 9 going forward. Decision making was abysmal

Conway should be in the squad, he should be starting, he is the most in form winger at provincial level at the moment.

PoM was the stand out forward today. CJ while not being superb had some great moments. Ryan had a poor game and the captaincy seemed to affect him

None of that is red tinted glasses or anything like it

EDIT just seen your suggested ‘starting pack’ baffling.
    A pack that was bullied and battered by Saracens without much effort, but sure.

To say anyone else has tinted glasses is Incredible levels of trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

This from a guy who posted JOB would thrive in international rugby.... pitiful

Good man Paul, and yes i think he would

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Not an awful lot wrong, our lineout malfunctioned and it isn’t a stretch to think KO’B could do well there

Casey, while not starting test level yet, is showing great promise and JGP did absolutely zero to justify him getting the 9 going forward. Decision making was abysmal

Conway should be in the squad, he should be starting, he is the most in form winger at provincial level at the moment.

PoM was the stand out forward today. CJ while not being superb had some great moments. Ryan had a poor game and the captaincy seemed to affect him

None of that is red tinted glasses or anything like it

EDIT just seen your suggested ‘starting pack’ baffling.
    A pack that was bullied and battered by Saracens without much effort, but sure.

To say anyone else has tinted glasses is Incredible levels of trolling

False Henderson, Baird, Leavy and Kelleher were all either not playing or limited time off the bench but good effort mate,

POM was not the standout forward today,

Stander didnt arrive at the stadium, Conway was dropped for getting bundled into touch and not offering a single thing over 2 80 minute games of international rugby,

Earls was ok, and I agree on Casey that he could be in the picture soon

False Henderson, Baird, Leavy and Kelleher were all either not playing or limited time off the bench but good effort mate,

POM was not the standout forward today,

Stander didnt arrive at the stadium, Conway was dropped for getting bundled into touch and not offering a single thing over 2 80 minute games of international rugby,

Earls was ok, and I agree on Casey that he could be in the picture soon

Kelleher started. The lineout malfunctioned. His throwing was poor and the calls were worse

PoM was certainly up there and did more than another member of the pack(Doris and Porter not far behind).

CJ made a try saving tackle and did a lot of work at ruck and maul time, runs no, grunt work, yes

CJ is one of the first names in the Irish team sheet and will continue to be so for the foreseeable

So Conway in the past 2 weeks has offered just as much as Lowe did today.

• Advertisement

Kelleher started. The lineout malfunctioned. His throwing was poor and the calls were worse

PoM was certainly up there and did more than another member of the pack(Doris and Porter not far behind).

CJ made a try saving tackle and did a lot of work at ruck and maul time, runs no, grunt work, yes

CJ is one of the first names in the Irish team sheet and will continue to be so for the foreseeable
    So Conway in the past 2 weeks as offered just as much as Lowe did today.

My response was to saying that pack i selected got bullied by Saracens ...no it didnt,

We are never going to change either of our opinions on O'mahony,

regarding Stander - if you think he had a good game then i'd happily have some more of the stuff your taking lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

My response was to saying that pack i selected got bullied by Saracens ...no it didnt,

We are never going to change either of our opinions on O'mahony,

regarding Stander - if you think he had a good game then i'd happily have some more of the stuff your taking lol

He actually did have a good game... deflection from your personal favourites doesn't wash here.

He actually did have a good game... deflection from your personal favourites doesn't wash here.

Lol munster sunglass and underpants wearing Paul taking about personal favorites and saying Stander had a good game?,

Ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Lol munster sunglass and underpants wearing Paul taking about personal favorites and saying Stander had a good game?,

Ok...

Would you ever go away, I think you're on the verge of being a militant Leinster supporter, but surely you aren't stupid enough to expect anyone to side with you on a Munster fan's thread?

Would you ever go away, I think you're on the verge of being a militant Leinster supporter, but surely you aren't stupid enough to expect anyone to side with you on a Munster fan's thread?

Lol militant Leinster supporter, that made me laugh

Of course I expect no one on the Munster thread to agree

I dont post things just because I want people to agree with me.... I post my opinion

• Advertisement

Lol militant Leinster supporter, that made me laugh

Of course I expect no one on the Munster thread to agree

I dont post things just because I want people to agree with me.... I post my opinion

Not really down with the whole know your audience thing are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Stander was doing a lot of unseen work.
    What? If it’s good for the goose, it stood for the gander.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Stander was doing a lot of unseen work.
    What? If it’s good for the goose, it stood for the gander.

I think 6 seems to be a cursed position in the Irish team. Dorris got serious flac playing 6, so did PoM and now CJ.

Off every scrum, the chances of them going openside are rare, then you're having to hold the wing spot until the ruck settles. It seems to be a thankless role in general.

Not really down with the whole know your audience thing are you?

I dont need an audience that agrees with me, if everyone on here agreed there would be no discussion or posts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Kong, this is the Munster thread. Move on.

What was CJs try saving intervention? I thought he was quiet but also heard that he hit lots of rucks so I'll wait for the stats. Lowe also did very well IMO to stay in play down the sideline a few times, really powerful stuff, in fairness, Conway was put into touch in similar situations last weekend (just to comment on the ongoing argument).

With regards any Munster (or Leinster) call ups, I'd wait and see how they perform in Heineken Cup action (or atleast interpros) before kneejerking into anything.

It’s been awhile since a Dermot/incredibly blue tine came in here, always fun times, always nice for the ol ignore list

It’s been awhile since a Dermot/incredibly blue tine came in here, always fun times, always nice for the ol ignore list

Always happy to pop in and bring the occasional dose of reality , let me know when you need me again guys

I dont need an audience that agrees with me, if everyone on here agreed there would be no discussion or posts

You don't really discuss though do you? You just throw insults at people you don't agree with. There's a difference between having an opinion and being opinionated...bull china shop etc...probably lost on you though, the bull has no concept of china or shops :)

You don't really discuss though do you? You just throw insults at people you don't agree with. There's a difference between having an opinion and being opinionated...bull china shop etc...probably lost on you though, the bull has no concept of china or shops :)

Everyone is so easily offended here it’s a bit of joke , where did I insult them? It’s a bit of poking and not all that serious

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Kingofthewrong is taking a break from the forum. No need to respond or report posts any further.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Zzippy wrote: »
    Kingofthewrong is taking a break from the forum. No need to respond or report posts any further.

I do hope this was intentional :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

So after tomorrow its Zebre then a week off then first of the european games with quins home and trip to stade michelin. What way would people like to see us line up for these games?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

So after tomorrow its Zebre then a week off then first of the european games with quins home and trip to stade michelin. What way would people like to see us line up for these games?

There's a few players that are just back from injury that could do with starts. I'd expect to see LOC and Goggin start against Zebre. Craig Casey will likely get a week off so McCarthy and Ben Murphy will be in the 23. I hope Crowley or Flannery start at 10, it's an obvious game to have a look at one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

There is a big decision coming down the line about who starts at 10 against Quins.
    Looks to me from here that Healy is being given the gametime now in anticipation of it but the conservative coach might be inclined to pick JJ to start.

Outside of that the team picks itself really with maybe a decision to be made at 15 between Haley and Gallagher, and if they keep Coombes in the backrow alongside POM and CJ with Beirne and Kleyn in the 2nd row or TOD at 7 with POM and CJ.

Interesting selection headaches.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,061 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Quins are muck.

It won't matter which of healy or JJ starts at 10, munster should win easily enough

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Quins are muck.

It won't matter which of healy or JJ starts at 10, munster should win easily enough

Yea they should. But the team that Starts against Quins is the one that starts against Clermont barring injury or poor performance

• Registered Users Posts: 9,668 ✭✭✭nerd69

Healy should be starting going forward full stop jj is am experienced backup now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

There is a big decision coming down the line about who starts at 10 against Quins.
    Looks to me from here that Healy is being given the gametime now in anticipation of it but the conservative coach might be inclined to pick JJ to start.

Outside of that the team picks itself really with maybe a decision to be made at 15 between Haley and Gallagher, and if they keep Coombes in the backrow alongside POM and CJ with Beirne and Kleyn in the 2nd row or TOD at 7 with POM and CJ.

Interesting selection headaches.

Personally think Healy will get the nod, and with the way Coombes has been playing, I think he’s a cert for a least the bench. Think I’d like to see 6. CJ 7. POM and 8. Coombes.

Daly in the conversation for FB too, and would suspect he’s ahead of Gallagher.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

nerd69 wrote: »
    Healy should be starting going forward full stop jj is am experienced backup now
    Not at all. Hopefully he starts most of the time but coming off bench can teach him a lot as well. still has just 7 appearances for Munster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Not at all. Hopefully he starts most of the time but coming off bench can teach him a lot as well. still has just 7 appearances for Munster.

A bit like Casey, low numbers but no bad days at the office. Would have put Daly in that bracket too but he didn't have the best of days in Cork v Edinburgh last season. Has made up for that big time, and in fairness there were no stars for Munster on that freezing night in Cork.

Advertisement