Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Speculating how someone got Covid isn't really worth anyone's time.

Speculating isn’t worth anyone’s time, but establishing is extremely vital.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,766 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Speculating how someone got Covid isn't really worth anyone's time.

Exactly, while you can control the risk to some extent, the fact is any one of us could get unlucky at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

And you think Munster and/or HSE aren't doing that?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Don't worry that's not your responsibility. From the statement MR have already done all that seeing as they've identified his close contacts and rules out the rest of the squad being contacts.

[HTML][/HTML]
    bilston wrote: »
    Exactly, while you can control the risk to some extent, the fact is any one of us could get unlucky at any time.

And another fact is that We increase that risk by not following the guidelines all the time, which begs the question did the player who tested positive at any stage since the last test not follow all the guidelines. It’s not an unreasonable question and presumably someone is asking it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

And another fact is that We increase that risk by not following the guidelines all the time, which begs the question did the player who tested positive at any stage since the last test not follow all the guidelines. It’s not an unreasonable question and presumably someone is asking it.

And again, it's not your responsibility to find out. And quite frankly, it's none of your business either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

And that’s why I’m advocating for establishing if it is either of those scenarios or many others. As for your opinion that not every case is about people doing something wrong your are correct, but we are aware that the Vast Vast majority of cases now are down to people doing something wrong, be it employers not following the guidelines, or people being in places they shouldn’t.

Some posters here are happy to put it down to “one of those things” and that’s completely the wrong approach, for this to be put to bed properly and not have questions hanging over it a plausible source needs to be found.

An academy player is likely to be living with his family, therefore is going to be in close contact with multiple other people whose movements he cannot control especially one or more ppl in he household work say in a hospital or a care home setting.

If the player is sharing with other academy players for example, one of those could have visited family and picked it up and passed it on without developing symptoms himself

The vast majority are down to other issues but there is still a percentage which are going to be one of those unavoidable things that happen which are through no fault of the person in question.

And we need to accept that as a society that a lot of cases comes with no blame attached.

Edit - Contact tracing seems to be in single digits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭rayd3

A total clown.

Don't worry that's not your responsibility. From the statement MR have already done all that seeing as they've identified his close contacts and rules out the rest of the squad being contacts.

Try reading the article again. They haven’t ruled out the rest of the squad, and I’m not worried or under any illusion as to this being my responsibility.

It’s interesting that people can’t be objective about this, for some reason I can question the behaviour of kids in Killarney or meat factory operators but I can’t question the behaviour of a Munster player.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    An academy player is likely to be living with his family, therefore is going to be in close contact with multiple other people whose movements he cannot control especially one or more ppl in he household work say in a hospital or a care home setting.

If the player is sharing with other academy players for example, one of those could have visited family and picked it up and passed it on without developing symptoms himself

The vast majority are down to other issues but there is still a percentage which are going to be one of those unavoidable things that happen which are through no fault of the person in question.

And we need to accept that as a society that a lot of cases comes with no blame attached.

Edit - Contact tracing seems to be in single digits.

So you didn’t read the article, or my posts for that matter.

• Advertisement

Try reading the article again. They haven’t ruled out the rest of the squad, and I’m not worried or under any illusion as to this being my responsibility.

It’s interesting that people can’t be objective about this, for some reason I can question the behaviour of kids in Killarney or meat factory operators but I can’t question the behaviour of a Munster player.

Your questioning the "behaviour" of a player who has had a small number of close contacts and self isolated as soon as he developed symptoms.

What evidence have you got that the player has done anything wrong?

So you didn’t read the article, or my posts for that matter.

I did read the article and your posts.

And two things became clear quite quickly.
    1. Your opinion is BS
    2. Your opinion is BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Establishing it via boards isn’t vital at all though...

Your questioning the "behaviour" of a player who has had a small number of close contacts and self isolated as soon as he developed symptoms.

What evidence have you got that the player has done anything wrong?

I don’t need ‘evidence’ to say that questions need to be asked. I haven’t accused anyone of anything to need ‘evidence’ to back it up.

Stop being so defensive because I’m simply pointing out two things, firstly getting the virus in the current climate is actually difficult and rare and it becomes even rarer once the precautions are taken and guidelines are followed, and secondly that finding the source of the infection is very very helpful.

I did read the article and your posts.

And two things became clear quite quickly.
    1. Your opinion is BS
    2. Your opinion is BS.

Well if you read it you should seriously consider re-reading it or having someone explain to you how be obviously isn’t living with his family as you stated he is.

Establishing it via boards isn’t vital at all though...

Nothing on boards is vital, excepting jumping to the ardent defence of an unidentified Munster player without any facts whatsoever when some Simple questions are proposed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I don’t need ‘evidence’ to say that questions need to be asked.

I haven’t accused anyone of anything to need ‘evidence’ to back it up.

But you didn't just say the question needs to be asked. You specifically said he did something wrong.
    What has the player done wrong to contract the infection since last being tested?

I don’t need ‘evidence’ to say that questions need to be asked. I haven’t accused anyone of anything to need ‘evidence’ to back it up.

Stop being so defensive because I’m simply pointing out two things, firstly getting the virus in the current climate is actually difficult and rare and it becomes even rarer once the precautions are taken and guidelines are followed, and secondly that finding the source of the infection is very very helpful.

You have accused the player of doing something wrong.

Getting the virus is not difficult. I would say there is many Asymptomatic carriers in the community which makes tracing a small percentage of the cases impossible.

The players contact tracing seems to be single digits and he self isolated immediately having notified the Munster medical staff. That suggests to me the player has not been disregarding procedures and was just unlucky.

What reason have I got to be defensive...... weird statement

Nothing on boards is vital, excepting jumping to the ardent defence of an unidentified Munster player without any facts whatsoever when some Simple questions are proposed.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I think you'll find the burden of proof is on the one making the claim.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭rayd3

“ What has the player done wrong to contract the infection ”

Accused the player of doing something wrong straight off the bat.

As for establishing a culture of blame, about as effective in a pandemic as jailing people for being homeless is at curing that particular societal issue, that is to say totally moronic.

aloooof wrote: »
    But you didn't just say the question needs to be asked. You specifically said he did something wrong.

You might have missed the symbol at the end of that sentence which is in fact a question mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

You might have missed the symbol at the end of that sentence which is in fact a question mark.

You are trolling?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,038 ✭✭✭✭phog

Lads, you're giving him oxygen.

You have accused the player of doing something wrong.

Getting the virus is not difficult. I would say there is many Asymptomatic carriers in the community which makes tracing a small percentage of the cases impossible.

The players contact tracing seems to be single digits and he self isolated immediately having notified the Munster medical staff. That suggests to me the player has not been disregarding procedures and was just unlucky.

What reason have I got to be defensive...... weird statement

I haven’t accused a player of anything, I said a number of questionS need to be asked, and one of them when you take the balance of probability into it is that something has been done wrong for a person to contract the virus, so the question stands, as a question that needs to be asked.

As for your contention relating to the number of Asymptomatic carriers you have absolutely nothing to back this up and pulled it out of a hat.

You are trolling?

No, just hope that somebody is asking a few important questions Like I outlined above because this positive case has the potential to put the remainder of the league in doubt.

That's great, except there's a difference been:
    What has the player done wrong..

and "Has the player done anything wrong?"

rayd3 wrote: »
    “ What has the player done wrong to contract the infection ”

Accused the player of doing something wrong straight off the bat.

As for establishing a culture of blame, about as effective in a pandemic as jailing people for being homeless is at curing that particular societal issue, that is to say totally moronic.

The word “what” at the beginning of a sentence indicates a question. An accusation would start differently.

How many people can’t understand simple English? Like really simple English

phog wrote: »
    Lads, you're giving him oxygen.

Ya, you're right. I'm out.

• Advertisement

I haven’t accused a player of anything, I said a number of questionS need to be asked, and one of them when you take the balance of probability into it is that something has been done wrong for a person to contract the virus, so the question stands, as a question that needs to be asked.

As for your contention relating to the number of Asymptomatic carriers you have absolutely nothing to back this up and pulled it out of a hat.

The evidence is out there on asymptomatic carriers.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40028693.html

It's not a question that needs to be asked. The players movements and contacts are all quite reasonable and his actions suggest responsible behaviour.

So time for you to stop doing your Paddy Cosgrove impersonation

Advertisement