Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

[HTML] I[/HTML]
    aloooof wrote: »
    That's great, except there's a difference been:

and "Has the player done anything wrong?"

Pointless Semantics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭rayd3

The word “what” at the beginning of a sentence indicates a question. An accusation would start differently.

How many people can’t understand simple English? Like really simple English

There’s certainly one person here that really struggles with reading comprehension. No doubt about it. Goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭OldRio

No, just hope that somebody is asking a few important questions

Well I hope you bring that to the attention of Munster and and health officials. I mean perhaps nobody but yourself has thought about the implications. Fair play to you.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    The evidence is out there on asymptomatic carriers.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40028693.html

It's not a question that needs to be asked. The players movements and contacts are all quite reasonable and his actions suggest responsible behaviour.

So time for you to stop doing your Paddy Cosgrove impersonation

You couldn’t possible have given a link to a worse article that backs up exactly what I’m saying and makes your assertion looks like complete hogwash.

Your giving as a source a link to a place where spreading of the virus is down to people not following precautions and guidelines as I have been saying all along that the spread of this virus is down currently to people not following these guidelines.

As for another Ridiculous contention of yours that the players movements and contacts are all quiet reasonable You have absolutely no idea who the player is, or what their movements are. More hogwash from you.

OldRio wrote: »
    Well I hope you bring that to the attention of Munster and and health officials. I mean perhaps nobody but yourself as thought about the implications. Fair play to you.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

[HTML][/HTML]
    rayd3 wrote: »
    There’s certainly one person here that really struggles with reading comprehension. No doubt about it. Goodbye.

No there is more than one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

What's this place gonna be like if and when some actual rugby starts up....

h

Next year by the looks of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

You couldn’t possible have given a link to a worse article that backs up exactly what I’m saying and makes your assertion looks like complete hogwash.

Your giving as a source a link to a place where spreading of the virus is down to people not following precautions and guidelines as I have been saying all along that the spread of this virus is down currently to people not following these guidelines.

As for another Ridiculous contention of yours that the players movements and contacts are all quiet reasonable You have absolutely no idea who the player is, or what their movements are. More hogwash from you.

How?

You said i pulled the asymptomatic cases out of a hat when I have proven that there is a high number of asymptomatic cases out there and given an example in environments with high numbers of cases. So I stand by the statement that there is asymptomatic cases within community which may never be known because symptoms dont develop.

The contact tracing according to the Munster statement indicates 2 things

1. Contact tracing numbers are low
    2. The player self isolated once symptoms developed

I think we would know pretty quickly if there was issues as a cluster would form if procedures in Munster Rugby were not adhered to given the player in question developed symptoms last weekend.

We must also remember several Munster players were abroad earlier in the year and self isolated for 14 days upon arrival into Ireland.

I've no skin in this. I'm not a Munster fan.

I'm not the one questioning the players movements. You are telling me I don't know his movements yet you are questioning what he did wrong despite not knowing his movements.

In taking all precautions, Munster Rugby have immediately identified five Academy players and one senior player as potential close contacts from social and household settings and the six players have already commenced self-isolating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Like the fight scene in Anchorman. Venjur killed a guy with a trident !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,313 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Anybody up for a Zebo Kearney debate?

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    How?

You said i pulled the asymptomatic cases out of a hat when I have proven that there is a high number of asymptomatic cases out there and given an example in environments with high numbers of cases. So I stand by the statement that there is asymptomatic cases within community which may never be known because symptoms dont develop.

The contact tracing according to the Munster statement indicates 2 things

1. Contact tracing numbers are low
    2. The player self isolated once symptoms developed

I think we would know pretty quickly if there was issues as a cluster would form if procedures in Munster Rugby were not adhered to given the player in question developed symptoms last weekend.

We must also remember several Munster players were abroad earlier in the year and self isolated for 14 days upon arrival into Ireland.

I've no skin in this. I'm not a Munster fan.

I'm not the one questioning the players movements. You are telling me I don't know his movements yet you are questioning what he did wrong despite not knowing his movements.

In taking all precautions, Munster Rugby have immediately identified five Academy players and one senior player as potential close contacts from social and household settings and the six players have already commenced self-isolating.

Pity you didn’t read what I said before you composed such a lengthy mistaken post where you try to move the goalpost numerous times.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,946 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

salmocab wrote: »
    Anybody up for a Zebo Kearney debate?

At this stage it's obvious Dave is the superior player.

Clegg wrote: »

Don’t be stupid.
    That’s been obvious for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Clegg wrote: »

But who would win on a see-saw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Bazzo wrote: »
    But who would win on a see-saw

At this stage Zebo would beat Mick Kearney on a see saw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭shootermacg

The longer this goes on the more of an idiot one of us is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

On the matter at hand, I think it shows how difficult it is going to be to keep this season on track. Very hard to see all tournaments being completed.

IF any of these players have been found to have breached Covid precautions, they should be fired on the spot. If that message hasn't gone out from IRFU yet, then it should now.

On the matter at hand, I think it shows how difficult it is going to be to keep this season on track. Very hard to see all tournaments being completed.

IF any of these players have been found to have breached Covid precautions, they should be fired on the spot. If that message hasn't gone out from IRFU yet, then it should now.

Be careful about these parts, people are likely to ignore the word IF and jump down your throat in defence of Incorrectly perceived accusations

Be careful about these parts, people are likely to ignore the word IF and jump down your throat in defence of Incorrectly perceived accusations

Well if you ever catch it, I hope you stay at home in shame, you also get to twitch your curtains as an added bonus.

• Advertisement

Well if you ever catch it, I hope you stay at home in shame, you also get to twitch your curtains as an added bonus.

That’s the advice they tend to give alright, to stay at home.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Mod Note

There's no evidence anyone has down anything "Wrong" and by all accounts there were procedures in place which everyone has adhered to.

So can we tone down the argumentative nature of this chat

And unless Munster release the player name it is not to be posted here. That's personal medical information.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Possibly worth posting this after the last number of pages:

Warning over impact of 'blaming' people with Covid-19

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I don't get peoples obsession with the blame game. Its just throwing stones and often with little or no real basis for it. I hope all are okay in camp and it doesnt spread any further. Whatever about the supporters, the players nd staff don't need to be messed around any more.

molloyjh wrote: »
    I don't get peoples obsession with the blame game. Its just throwing stones and often with little or no real basis for it. I hope all are okay in camp and it doesnt spread any further. Whatever about the supporters, the players nd staff don't need to be messed around any more.

Some people look for solutions and some people look for someone to blame.

Possibly worth posting this after the last number of pages:

Warning over impact of 'blaming' people with Covid-19

That article is irrelevant in this scenario because it’s relating to the general public. The Munster player who has tested positive is part of a team of people under constant monitoring and testing for the virus, and the question of how and where he contracted the virus is still extremely relevant.

Some people look for solutions and some people look for someone to blame.

And sometimes the person to blame is the solution.

molloyjh wrote: »

The negative commentary has been nothing more than someone looking for any reason to sh;t on Munster rugby as childish as that is.

We're going to be dealing with this all winter and inevitably squads are going to end up being locked down - all we can do is enjoy whatever rugby we get and hope that there is as little disruption as possible. The virility of the virus combined with human nature will just have to be contended with, but throwing shade now is an open invitation to being humbled down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,313 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The negative commentary has been nothing more than someone looking for any reason to sh;t on Munster rugby as childish as that is.

We're going to be dealing with this all winter and inevitably squads are going to end up being locked down - all we can do is enjoy whatever rugby we get and hope that there is as little disruption as possible. The virility of the virus combined with human nature will just have to be contended with, but throwing shade now is an open invitation to being humbled down the line.

Let he who is without Covid cast the first stone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Definitely a weird blame culture going around. Either the organisation or the person, loads of people want to crucify them for it forgetting its a virus that nobody really wants to catch. See what happened that Irish lad in Australia.

Advertisement