Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

A great rugby brain, its an awful pity he couldnt shake those injuries. His vision on the pitch will be missed. The search for the ROG replacement continues.

phog wrote: »
    While not entirely a surprise it's really tough to see a player plagued by injury and having to retire so early.

I've met him in town a few times and he's always been in the best of spirits. I'm not sure Munster will keep him on in a coaching role but I hope he picks something up either here in Ireland or back home.

Was coaching with Garryowen too, hopefully he does find something.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Just got sent a survey by MR about season tickets. Some of the questions give an insight as to their planning for next season.

Would you attend a match where 2m social distancing was enforced meaning that you wouldn't be able to keep your normal seat/terrace position?
    Would you buy a ST if all games had to be played in Thomond due to social distancing reducing capacity too much in Musgrave?
    Would you wear a mask while attending a match?

So the possibility/likelyhood of all games being played in a reduced capacity TP next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Hopefully he lands a spot coaching or in another field, always sad to see a player retire so young but I'd imagine it's terrifying having a reoccurring issue like that with potential long-term effects if anything was to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Mc Love wrote: »
    A great rugby brain, its an awful pity he couldnt shake those injuries. His vision on the pitch will be missed...

I've heard a lot about his vision and coaching ability. I think it was always a strong possibility that he would retire early. I wonder if he'll stay on in a coaching role.

• Advertisement

Would you attend a match where 2m social distancing was enforced meaning that you wouldn't be able to keep your normal seat/terrace position?

Yes but it would probably be ****e atmosphere
    Would you buy a ST if all games had to be played in Thomond due to social distancing reducing capacity too much in Musgrave?
    I would but I doubt many from Cork would.
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Just got sent a survey by MR about season tickets. Some of the questions give an insight as to their planning for next season.

So the possibility/likelyhood of all games being played in a reduced capacity TP next season.

Interesting stuff. Wonder what capacity they would get with social distancing. Easier to do with seats than terraces. With terrace would probably have to mark off sections.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't think I'd have a problem going to a match with social distancing but I'd imagine match day revenues would be down massively, lads won't be going out for a feed of pints which wouldn't be a bad thing as you wouldn't be disturbed every 5 minutes.

Saying that, I've been to games in TP where I reckond there was less than 4,000 people at it, in a 26,000 stadium that's social distancing big time :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I've heard a lot about his vision and coaching ability. I think it was always a strong possibility that he would retire early. I wonder if he'll stay on in a coaching role.

The quotes from the press release doesn't make it look like it.
    We plan on being around for the coming period and once rugby resumes, I’d love to be around to go watch a game as a spectator and say my goodbyes in person.

JVG
    “It was a pleasure to coach him, and I believe he has a very bright future ahead, and will do very well if he moves into coaching. I wish Tyler, Laura, Bodhi and their growing family the very best in life.”

Mc Love wrote: »
    Yes but it would probably be ****e atmosphere
    Better than behind closed doors sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Not a surprise about Tyler, it’s good for the club that he went because there was enough time and money invested in him for little return, very few if any other clubs would have been as accommodating And that’s something to be proud of, Axel summed it up when he spoke about following through with his signing even though he was injured. , wishing him all the best, a very likeable fella by all accounts and hindsight is great but the crusaders did the right ting in letting him go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Remember his sideline conversion against Edinburgh in the quarter final last year.

Meant Edinburgh had to score a try in the last few minutes

https://twitter.com/threeredkings/status/1112094208750505987

He was instrumental in a try we scored at home I think against Glasgow, he dotted down but was heavily involved in the play before hand. Great score.

Must find it.
    https://m.facebook.com/EuropeanRugbyChampionsCup/videos/vb.116435835078574/1137401699648644/?type=3&theater

Pity the play doesn’t go back further, I think the set up involved some great lines.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

He was instrumental in a try we scored at home I think against Glasgow, he dotted down but was heavily involved in the play before hand. Great score.

Must find it.

It's almost certainly the game after Axel died, brilliant finish.

He was lucky there - should have passed :D

Yea,

Link here. Scored on 3 minutes. Great lines. Great finish.
    https://youtu.be/bz37wFFtN78

Yea,

Link here. Scored on 3 minutes. Great lines. Great finish.
    https://youtu.be/bz37wFFtN78

Lovely lines alright! And nails the conversion too. One of the best atmospheres in TP that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Sad to see such a talented player have to retire because of injury. I remember seeing him at U20s and thinking he was the business. I was very excited when he signed for Munster.

Hope he gets involved in coaching because he definitely has a good rugby brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Eod100 wrote: »
    Lovely lines alright! And nails the conversion too. One of the best atmospheres in TP that day.

It was an incredible day. My wife was seven months pregnant attending that match. My small fella got excited by the emotion and atmosphere 'in utero' and was kicking the crap out of her for the whole match :D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Munstersrebel

Tyler retired due to medical reasons, its on the lad's instagram and statement here: ww w.munsterrugby.ie/2020/05/20/tyler-bleyendaal-forced-to-retire/

• Advertisement

Tyler retired due to medical reasons, its on the lad's instagram and statement here: ww w.munsterrugby.ie/2020/05/20/tyler-bleyendaal-forced-to-retire/

Welcome to wednesday.

Go easy on the newb

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Kevin O'Byrne 2022
    Rhys Marshall 2021
    Niall Scannell 2021

Diarmuid Barron Year 2
    Eoghan Clarke Year 2

James Cronin 2021
    Dave Kilcoyne 2023
    Liam O'Connor 2022
    Jeremy Loughman 2022

James French Year 2
    Josh Wycherley Year 2

Stephen Archer 2022
    Keynan Knox 2022
    Ciaran Parker 2020
    John Ryan 2022
    Roman Salanoa 2022
    Brian Scott 2020

Tadhg Beirne 2022
    Billy Holland 2021
    Jean Kleyn 2022
    Sean O'Connor 2020
    Darren O'Shea 2020
    RG Snyman 2022
    Fineen Wycherley 2021

Thomas Ahern Year 2
    Paddy Kelly Year 1
    Eoin O'Connor Year 1

Gavin Coombes 2021
    Chris Cloete 2022
    Tommy O'Donnell 2021
    Jack O'Donoghue 2021
    Peter O'Mahony 2021
    Jack O'Sullivan 2023
    CJ Stander 2021

Jack Daly Year 2
    John Hodnett Year 1

Craig Casey 2021
    Neil Cronin 2021
    Nick McCarthy 2021
    Conor Murray 2022

Jack Stafford Year 3

Joey Carbery 2022
    JJ Hanrahan 2021

Jake Flannery Year 1
    Ben Healy Year 2

Damian de Allende 2022
    Chris Farrell 2022
    Dan Goggin 2022
    Alex McHenry 2021
    Rory Scannell 2021

Sean French Year 2

Andrew Conway 2023
    Liam Coombes 2021
    Shane Daly 2021
    Keith Earls 2021
    Matt Gallagher 2022
    Mike Haley 2021
    Calvin Nash 2021
    Darren Sweetnam 2021
    Alex Wootton 2021

Alan Tynan Year 3
    Jonathan Wren Year 2

Confirmed 2020/21 NIEs:
    RG Snyman (capped), Damian de Allende (capped)

IN: RG Snyman (LK, Honda Heat), Damian de Allende (CT, Panasonic Wild Knights), Matt Gallagher (FB, Saracens)
    OUT: Arno Botha (BR, Blue Bulls), Conor Oliver (BR, Connacht), Tyler Bleyendaal (FH, Retired), Sammy Arnold (CT, Connacht)

Out of Contract:
    Ciaran Parker
    Brian Scott
    Sean O'Connor
    Darren O'Shea
    Jack Stafford
    Alan Tynan

Probably expected but very disappointed to hear Bleyendaal has had to retire. In 2017 I thought he'd be Sexton's replacement based on that first 40 minutes of rugby against Saracens. He was accurate, smart and dictated the first half of that game like an absolute boss. It was an exceptional performance and he kept a much more loaded Saracens team resorting to scraps. I hope he goes into coaching because he's gifted and intelligent and no doubt would offer a lot if coaching was of interest to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Huge outpouring of good wishes for Tyler from the other players and ex squad members on Instagram. There'll always be tributes when a fella retires but there's a deluge of tributes that seem really genuine from the players saying what a great rugby brain he has and what a good guy he is. He must have added a lot to the camp, especially considered he was kept around and resigned with his injury profile. Such a shame his career was marred by constant injuries. I don't think he reached anywhere near his potential ceiling if he had a consistent run of high level games over a few seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Media whore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Buer wrote: »
    Media whore.

:D
    Genuinely laughed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Buer wrote: »
    Media whore.

Some people will do anything to sell pyjamas.....:D