Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

Is treason not a capital offense?

Live imprisonment or death penalty maybe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Why does she want to go back to Britain ?

She and her fellow Cùnts lost their caliphate. If they were still winning she wouldn’t want to come back. She’d be too busy laughing at severed heads in bins.

To hell with her. And her father.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Perifect wrote: »
    Has she ever set foot in Ireland?

Utterly irrelevant.

She is a node in a network that despises everything about us and wishes to see us come to harm. Didn't think anyone with an ounce of common sense would need it spelled out, but here you go - she absolutely constitutes a threat to us.

International fighters & supporters who travelled to Syria regularly exchanged information on possible soft targets in the West & as has been shown time and again, lone-wolf attackers who have taken lives across this continent were emboldened, encouraged and provided with logistical support from others who had never set foot in France, Germany, Spain or the UK.

ISIL has also been funded in part by pernicious invoice misdirection fraud against Irish company accounts, believed to have been orchestrated by UK nationals with no links to Ireland.

So gimme a break on this 'never set foot' bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

even so, if they decide that they don't want to be the ones to have to carry out that justice,

In some alternative universe .

But it's easier if we stick to the real world and it's likely justice being administered by a ME country is a given and It won't be a slap and the wrist and a hug "who's been a naughty terrorist " speech

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Perifect

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Utterly irrelevant.

She is a node in a network that despises everything about us and wishes to see us come to harm. Didn't think anyone with an ounce of common sense would need it spelled out, but here you go - she absolutely constitutes a threat to us.

International fighters & supporters who travelled to Syria regularly exchanged information on possible soft targets in the West & as has been shown time and again, lone-wolf attackers who have taken lives across this continent were emboldened, encouraged and provided with logistical support from others who had never set foot in France, Germany, Spain or the UK.

ISIL has also been funded in part by pernicious invoice misdirection fraud against Irish company accounts, believed to have been orchestrated by UK nationals with no links to Ireland.

So gimme a break on this 'never set foot' bollocks.

Like the others, you agree she has never set foot here so is of no threat to us. Let the UK deal with one of their own.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

scamalert wrote: »
    So why do people that hate guts of the west want to come into EU and practice their ****ty religion and medieval beliefs here ?

Also, why do the liberal left who hate and despise Christianity encourage and welcome Muslims into Europe. Replacing one shítty religion with another far more dangerous one.
    Dangerous for women, homosexuals and by looking at what’s happening in the North of England, children.
    The mind boggles

• Registered Users Posts: 8,352 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Did you see the interview with her on Sky News.

https://news.sky.com/story/is-bride-shamima-begum-gives-birth-in-syria-11640060

I'm not getting the impression she was particularly 'groomed'. Rather what kicked off all this for her is that she was becoming more religious of her own volition and was attracted to a life living under Islamic law.

So it doesn't look like she was particularly 'targeted', as if some man saw some vulnerable girl and groomed her. She seemed to know rather a lot about what to expect living with IS in advance and seemed to have no problem with the more brutal aspects of it before she ever left the UK or even met the ppl she joined.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

what are the chances that she could step on a land mine or catch a bullet.

As that's as far as my sympathy goes to trash like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Perifect wrote: »
    Like the others, you agree she has never set foot here so is of no threat to us. Let the UK deal with one of their own.

And because Ireland's borders with the UK are like a ring of steel she won't be able to travel here. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Perifect

Del.Monte wrote: »
    And because Ireland's borders with the UK are like a ring of steel she won't be able to travel here. :rolleyes:

That's what Brexit is for. :D

scamalert wrote: »
    what are the chances that she could step on a land mine or catch a bullet.

As that's as far as my sympathy goes to trash like that.

In Syria it's highly likely to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I watched the interview today.
    She look like she was well looked after, but I do feel sorry for her baby, she is lost since she had to leave her group about a fortnight ago, her husband is not with her and she says, she does not know where he is, and she will not be let see him, she would like to see him, seems like she loves him, and it was the videos on internet that enticed to change go there,
    but, who financed it

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

ISIS are in equal parts dangerous, cunning and evil.
    Any returning members to the west are so heavily brainwashed they would need 24/7 monitoring to prevent them committing or facilitating terrorism here and that includes this woman.

Western taxpayers have better things to spend their money on than monitoring terrorists.

This woman deserves no sympathy or the same sympathy she showed to beheading victims which was zilch.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Two Tone from Limehouse

smeal wrote: »
    I’m not sure if anyone here watched the BBC series The State last year (highly recommend) but this reminds me of that.

She should be allowed come back to have her baby (perhaps even in a prison) but then the baby should remain with her family who seem to be anti-ISIS and she should then be sent back out to that desert hell. She is a danger to her country.

anti ISIS? her father was pictured protesting like an animal beside and ISIS flag ...

Why are the Guardian so heavily pushing for her return?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

what gives you the impression that i don't want to acknowledge this happens a lot all over Europe?

So will you now acknowledge that alot of issues involving migrants and bad things that happen are deliberately kept out of the media or brushed under the carpet for the sake of diversity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

anti ISIS? her father was pictured protesting like an animal beside and ISIS flag ...

He wasn’t. That was the father of another one of the girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,037 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

ISIS are in equal parts dangerous, cunning and evil.
    Any returning members to the west are so heavily brainwashed they would need 24/7 monitoring to prevent them committing or facilitating terrorism here and that includes this woman.

Western taxpayers have better things to spend their money on than monitoring terrorists.

This woman deserves no sympathy or the same sympathy she showed to beheading victims which was zilch.

Western taxpayers supposebly having better things to spend their money on than monitoring their own terrorists quite rightly isn't a relevant or valid argument for the west to be making their terrorists someone else's problem, otherwise it could be used as an excuse and a way for the west to sherk all of it's responsibilities.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

There’s some yank one now who’s 25 and banging on how she made a mistake etc, and also a family who said they ended up in Syria by accident and they thought they were going on holiday to Turkey.

To me it sounds remarkably like the interviews with certain Germans who the minute the war was over were swearing blind they had absolutely nothing to do with the Nazis despite being up to their bollix in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

spurious wrote: »
    I really hope I am never held to task over decisions I made when I was 15.

Well if you made a decision to join a disgusting evil terrorist group who behead people, burn people alive, Rape what they consider infidel women then yes i hope you would be, she isn't even sorry for what she did, take the baby and put it into care. then put her on trial and have her answer for her crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭volchitsa

spurious wrote: »
    I really hope I am never held to task over decisions I made when I was 15.
    Her religion, the one she wanted (still wants, apparently) to enforce on everyone else using murder and barbarous punishments) holds that a 15 year old is an adult. She gets to pick and choose when she follows Islam, does she? Pity she didn't want to extend that right to Syrians in Syria.

Importantly too, it isn't just that she went there when she was 15, her main objection now to ISIS seems to be that they weren't Islamic enough.

Was thinking last night, if the scenario was to be be one of these holidaying terrorists claiming Irish citizenship and trying to get back into this country would there be as many people on here willing to take her back.

We all know our prisons have plenty of room, and all the new gardai stations opening around the country would make monitoring easy. Also the country has plenty of money to spend on security looking after these very very dangerous but jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Even though she was 15 when she left, she's now a 19 year old adult. 19 going on 40 after all she has been through. At the very least, she's someone the authorities would have to keep an eye on. We don't know what she capable of, online or offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

I think they should allow her child to be adopted to a loving Christian family in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,940 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

AllForIt wrote: »
    I'm not getting the impression she was particularly 'groomed'.

She wanted it your honor?

It's a well worn defense by predators all right.

The law is clear, she was a child, she was groomed.

Your impression is moot.

She was a victim of crime, a crime that holds a sentence of up to life in prison and rightly so.

Boggles wrote: »
    She wanted it your honor?

It's a well worn defense by predators all right.

The law is clear, she was a child, she was groomed.

Your impression is moot.

She was a victim of crime, a crime that holds a sentence of up to life in prison and rightly so.

She was radicalised as a 15 year old. She’s an adult now who makes her own decisions and she’s totally unrepentant about ISIS’s program of genocide, rape and slavery.

Imagine some Loyalist paramilitary or whatever getting sentenced for shooting up a pub and saying he should be sympathised with cos he was radicalised as a teen.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,940 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

FTA69 wrote: »
    She was radicalised as a 15 year old.

Exactly, so what part of my post have you a problem with exactly?

Exactly, so what part of my post have you a problem with exactly?

The part where you didn't mention she is unrepentant and still doesn't accept what she done was wrong, severed heads didn't bother her and she would like that piece of s-it husband of hers to be released and hopefully some day be with her. Tell it as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭aloneforever99

I don't know how more people don't see this.

Whatever crimes she has committed she should answer for, but her age is absolutely a mitigating factor.

After four years in a war zone and the loss of two children, she speaks in a very blase way about beheadings and murder, but I find it hard to believe that was her reaction at the time on arrival. Years of horror will desensitize most people to seeing it happen around them.

What's better for Britain? Having her exactly where they know where she is and can monitor her, or having her who knows where with who knows who giving them who knows what information?

She is a goldmine of information - on how she was recruited and why, on ISIS operations and internal workings. The only way to turn her from a threat into an asset is to bring her home, put her on trial and imprison her.

And the baby, of course, should be adopted out to a loving family and given a chance at life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement