Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scotland v Ireland.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I've read a few posts about Ryan having a poor game, but I thought he played exceptionally well. This was a tough, physical contest between the packs. He made the third most carries of any Irish player today and the second most tackles. Also won all his lineout ball. Not the highlight reel performance we're used to seeing, but a good one nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭BAM! uhavechlamydia

Can someone post Conan's number's...I'm not a fan at this level..and freely admit it... but the way some were posting earlier you'd swear he carried the back row on his own...when to my eyes SOB and POM were possibly our 2 best players and left him far, far behind

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

James Ryan isn’t fully fit. He’s carrying a back problem but had to play given the lack of second rows

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Can someone post Conan's number's...I'm not a fan at this level..and freely admit it... but the way some were posting earlier you'd swear he carried the back row on his own...when to my eyes SOB and POM were possibly our 2 best players and left him far, far behind

9 carries for 15 metres. 3 passes. 1 defender beaten.

18 tackles. 2 missed.

He beat POM in pretty much every category.

Clegg wrote: »
    I've read a few posts about Ryan having a poor game, but I thought he played exceptionally well. This was a tough, physical contest between the packs. He made the third most carries of any Irish player today and the second most carries. Also won all his lineout ball. Not the highlight reel performance we're used to seeing, but a good one nonetheless.

Ryan did very well... think he missed Toner beside him... Roux was solid.. put in some fine tackles... but when Ultan came on...it just looked a better partnership

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Stamped on the head apparently
    kmart6 wrote: »
    Well yeah that's what Joe said but nothing shown of it, be surprised if it was missed by all the cameras. Be interesting if it comes out.

Supposedly this was the incident, far from a stamp...

https://streamable.com/dn6t1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Thought Murray was poor

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Conan was very good. One argument levelled at him is he doesn't work hard enough. He worked very hard today

Number are very good too

Stamped on the head apparently
    Well yeah that's what Joe said but nothing shown of it, be surprised if it was missed by all the cameras. Be interesting if it comes out.

I have absolutely no idea what I'm looking at.

troyzer wrote: »
    Looks like Sexton gets a smack from Kinghorns's heal.

• Advertisement

Turns out it was from a team mate.

Looks like Sexton gets a smack from Kinghorns's heal.

And they think that's a stamp?

Conan was very good. One argument levelled at him is he doesn't work hard enough. He worked very hard today

Number are very good too

I genuinely saw nothing bar a few chop tackles... think he's a weak link where we face Wales... would rather POM.. VDF...SOB as our back row then

Would love to see some stats tough...maybe I'm just not seeing his brilliance

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

He got some rough treatment (mostly legal in fairness), that was clearly not a stamp. Maybe there is another incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Attaching 3 passes 9 runs 15 meters
    Defence 18 tackles 2 missed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

How much better was the back three today?

Kearney is just an assured presence back there, he also cut some really hard and effective lines. I've never understood the criticism he gets.

Earls made some big hits in defence and got his reward for working hard to get in support of Carbery for his try.

Stockdale scored a brilliant try, helped create another with his kick and defended really well, saving a certain try once and possibly even twice (albeit on the first occasion the TMO did call it back anyway).

I genuinely saw nothing bar a few chop tackles... think he's a weak link where we face Wales... would rather POM.. VDF...SOB as our back row then

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1094275623575539715?s=19

Number are very good too

I literally just posted the stats for you?

I saw the post... but it's just not apparent....SOB was just streets ahead imo... but it matters not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Austin Healy crying on twitter about the POM - Hogg incident. "Let the boys play" or some shíte was his response to the Tuilagi shoulder charge on Stockdale last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

"Give me numbers!"

"Here you go..."

"... oh, numbers don't matter, my feeling does"

I saw the post... but it's just not apparent....SOB was just streets ahead imo... but it matters not

It's apparent that the stats are much better than POM who inexplicably won man of the match.

SOB was pick of the bunch though.

"Give me numbers!"

"Here you go..."

No, I'm not saying that...it's just that I didn't see much from him is all...I just thought SOB outshone him in workrate and in go forward ball

"Give me numbers!"

"Here you go..."

No, I'm not saying that...it's just that I didn't see much from him is all...I just thought SOB outshone him in workrate and in go forward ball

Why would you bother asking for the stats if you're going to disregard them?

And they think that's a stamp?
    bilston wrote: »
    He got some rough treatment (mostly legal in fairness), that was clearly not a stamp. Maybe there is another incident.

Joe said he was stamped on. That's what someone online has pulled out, nothing obvious seems to have been seen or picked on coverage yet.

Where did I say I disregard them? ...you need to stop making stuff up there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭crossman47

It's apparent that the stats are much better than POM who inexplicably won man of the match.

Not inexplicable at all. Add in his leadership and line out work to his back row work and you have your reason.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

POM had to get a yellow for the Hogg challenge. A huge slice of luck for us and their best player taken out of the game by foul play.

A bad miss by the TMO.

If he's cited you'll have made a fair point.

• Advertisement

Where did I say I disregard them? ...you need to stop making stuff up there

You questioned Conan's work rate and thought he didn't have a great game. You asked for stats.

Stats were provided that showed you were wrong.

And then you hand waved the stats saying that SOB had a bigger work rate whilst ignoring POM.

Just for the sake of completion, Conan out tackled SOB as well. And although SOB carried for an extra seven metres, he took an extra seven carries to do so.

Advertisement