Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scotland v Ireland.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Sonja McLaughlin really trying to get Joe to say something controversial, came across very amateurish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

You're almost as sexy as handsome Rob.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

troyzer wrote: »
    What about Z....

Zzippy? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Always hard to win away from home. Scotland are a dangerous team but we strangled the life out of them in the second half. Needed a win and we got it. Pity we didn’t get a fourth try but all in all job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,793 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A wins a win and nice to have a week's break and find out what are problems are and work on them in time for the Italy game

Shame with didn't get bonus point which I think we would need to stay in contention for the title. I can see England getting a WBP tomorrow

• Advertisement

There's a lot of Joespeak there making it really obvious he's not happy with Murray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭BAM! uhavechlamydia

There's a lot of Joespeak there making it really obvious he's not happy with Murray.

In your head maybe... but nowhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

Delighted to beat Scotland, they got away with a lot today and the booing of the kicker is poor. Blaming the ref is laughable. The only likable Scot is Russell, he has a lovely pass and that off load was fantastic,

In your head maybe... but nowhere else

Joe has a way of showing he's not happy with players without being overt.

Saying Ireland didn't have great tempo is his way of saying we didn't have quick ball and delivery.

Which is Murray's fault because he was given plenty of clean ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Don’t often mind who wins in international rugby when England aren’t involved, but there’s a distinct lack of class among the Scottish set up. Their antics after beating England last year were very ordinary. Always happy to see them beaten!

Glasgow are rotten for it. A really horrible team to play against (from a supporters POV anyway). A very good team though. I haven't really noticed it with Scotland before but I suppose there are that many Glasgow players in there now it is bound to rub off on the Edinburgh and Premiership players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Greg Laidlaw absolutely classless there. Salty as ****

Sums up the man in a nutshell. An absolute baw bag as the locals would say.

He knocked on at a ruck in front of Poite clear as day that you'd swear he didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

TV3 cut back to studio mid Schmidt interview. Brutal

Saying Ireland didn't have great tempo is his way of saying we didn't have quick ball and delivery.

Again....you're adding 2+2 and getting "Adelaide" as your answer

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

**** him

Or not.

I think we cant afford to exclude talented on form players for the world cup.

But thats just me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

steves2 wrote: »
    Delighted to beat Scotland, they got away with a lot today and the booing of the kicker is poor. Blaming the ref is laughable. The only likable Scot is Russell, he has a lovely pass and that off load was fantastic,

The Scottish fans probably believe they are there to support their own and not the other side.

If the keep silent during the kick ever dies off it will seem very weird. I was once sshed in a pub for talking during a sexton kick.

BBC awful outraged about Hogg. :D Scotland went in hard to take Sexton out, they can't really bitch about one of theirs coming off second best.
    POC called it right though saying the injury wasn't deliberate and Hogg went down first clutching his head. POM threw an arm out, Hogg threw his arse out. Swings and roundabouts.

Again....you're adding 2+2 and getting "Adelaide" as your answer

Hmm, we'll agree to disagree. But you should watch his press conferences more. He has a gift for very subtly putting pressure on individuals without overtly calling them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Was it two scrums Porter collapsed? Schmidt mentioned that last scrum as a big platform for a bonus try, would Ryan be a better option for France in terms of scrummaging?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

The lineout was a major plus today given the absentees.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Defunkd

BBC awful outraged about Hogg. :D Scotland went in hard to take Sexton out, they can't really bitch about one of theirs coming off second best.
    Yeah, they're crusading on that point aren't they "does Peter owe Greig an apology?" WTF is she smoking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭crossman47

razorblunt wrote: »
    Between Healy or Ritchie for me, I thought Johnson went well at center too in only his second outing.

I agree with choice of POM for his all round game. I think today showed clearly out best back 5 is Kearney, Earls, Ringrose, Henshaw, Stockdale.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Defunkd wrote: »
    Yeah, they're crusading on that point aren't they "does Peter owe Greig an apology?" WTF is she smoking?

He left the poor lad so confused, he didn’t know whether to hold his head, his arse or his elbow.
    If you were of a mind you could go through virtually every aspect of play to uncover all sorts of sly skullduggery but try and select one that innocuous amongst so many others was the stuff of tabloid tactics

crossman47 wrote: »
    razorblunt wrote: »
    Between Healy or Ritchie for me, I thought Johnson went well at center too in only his second outing.

I agree with choice of POM for his all round game. I think today showed clearly out best back 5 is Kearney, Earls, Ringrose, Henshaw, Stockdale.

Agree on this. Aki has had two very, very quiet weeks in a row and I think Henshaw deserves the jersey.

I'm biased in that I thought that already but I'd be surprised if there were any Aki fans left on here who thinks he should be starting if everyone is fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

POM had to get a yellow for the Hogg challenge. A huge slice of luck for us and their best player taken out of the game by foul play.

A bad miss by the TMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

The Scottish fans probably believe they are there to support their own and not the other side.

If the keep silent during the kick ever dies off it will seem very weird. I was once sshed in a pub for talking during a sexton kick.

Don't expect the Scottish fans to stop supporting their team but that booing was worse than in France. They're not a likable bunch. As I said Finn Russell can be a joy to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Quinn Roux had an excellent game given the very low expectations of him. Very solid.

Hmm, we'll agree to disagree. But you should watch his press conferences more. He has a gift for very subtly putting pressure on individuals without overtly calling them out.

I've seen all his after game pressers ;)

Quinn Roux had an excellent game given the very low expectations of him. Very solid.

100%. I'm not his biggest fan at all but he made some some big hits whilst he was on the pitch. Again though Ryan was poor and Dillane had a great comeback cameo.

The Scottish locks were awful, Gilchrist is a nothing player, Gray's impact to the game involved holding players past rucks and tackling them past rucks, once Poite stopped that he offered nothing.

Agree on this. Aki has had two very, very quiet weeks in a row and I think Henshaw deserves the jersey.

I'm biased in that I thought that already but I'd be surprised if there were any Aki fans left on here who thinks he should be starting if everyone is fit.

In agreement.. Henshaw with Ringrose outside him is our best combo by a country mile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

It's a traditional bit of fun in this neck of the woods.

Advertisement