Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk X: The Long Hard Road to a Semi. MOD WARNING POSTS #1, #1474, #5707

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Clegg wrote: »
    Sexton has a thumb injury and is out for at least a month. Ireland hope he might be back for the warm up game against Italy on the 10th of August.

Was a dislocation apparently. He’ll still be able to do lots of his strength and conditioning programme and his kicking etc.

Just can’t do any contact work which may be a blessing in long run.

They still expect him to be fit for opening warm up games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

How bad would it be for Sexton to miss the warm up games? To be honest, despite having tickets, I'm not looking forward to those games. Too nerve-racking.

Sanjuro wrote: »
    How bad would it be for Sexton to miss the warm up games? To be honest, despite having tickets, I'm not looking forward to those games. Too nerve-racking.

You want him playing and sharp. Preseason games are vital in any sport.

You want him playing and sharp. Preseason games are vital in any sport.

Yeah, I understand that. I presume you wouldn't risk Sexton in every warm-up game, however. To reduce injury risk, but also to give Carbery, Byrne and Carty an opportunity to put their hands up.

Yeah, I understand that. I presume you wouldn't risk Sexton in every warm-up game, however. To reduce injury risk, but also to give Carbery, Byrne and Carty an opportunity to put their hands up.

You’d imagine the minutes to be played will be already mapped out for the players.

• Advertisement

You’d imagine the minutes to be played will be already mapped out for the players.

Fair point. Joe's not exactly known for his last-minute panic planning.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

They're normally dour enough games and you're just dreading it in case anyone goes down injured. Always think of Wally when those games come around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

GavMan wrote: »
    Not a huge fan of the collar and cuffs.

As long as they match

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

aloooof wrote: »
    They're normally dour enough games and you're just dreading it when anyone goes down injured. Always think of Wally when those games come around.

FYP....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,744 ✭✭✭✭bilston

If I were you I'd sell your tickets! They're terrible games!

But hey if it's day out on the p*** then it will be good enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

bilston wrote: »

But hey if it's day out on the p*** then it will be good enough

Thats what it is to me. Don't normally like going to live matches if I'm really interested in them. But going along to a nothing game to drink beer with my mates on a summers day, great fun. Got a few mates from NZ arriving a day or 2 before one of the matches so a big group of us are going along for a Welcome To Dublin session. I hope its sunny. Or at least dry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

Lads the Sean O'Brien incident. Was he justified or was it poor form/a bit of nastiness? Always admired the man and hard not to see this as the fault of whichever rabble he got chatting to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

Lads the Sean O'Brien incident. Was he justified or was it poor form/a bit of nastiness? Always admired the man and hard not to see this as the fault of whichever rabble he got chatting to.

Justified?:eek:

Your Ma’s your Da

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Ah he was drunk and did a stupid thing it’s all on him.
    His brilliance as a player and apparently in general him being a nice guy doesn’t excuse it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Like was the other guy on fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

accensi0n wrote: »
    Like was the other guy on fire?

Or stung by a specific jellyfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Or stung by a specific jellyfish.

Or Ireland's own version of Troughman.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

yerrahbah wrote: »
    :o

The cut of those jerseys is absolutely dreadful. Shoulders look way too deep and the flare out at the bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

That's honestly brutal.

Your man looks like he's wearing an oversized jersey.

All that's missing is the Carrolls logo on it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

That jersey compared to the Japan effort is night and day. That said, the Japan jersey being a player-fit is a key difference. Irish jersey on yer man looks a size or two too big

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

It's a horrific jersey and the neck on it is brutal. Can't imagine any type of fit would make it look remotely good. Japan and Fiji do have stunning jerseys

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Just awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

You know it’s World Cup time when everyone is complaining about the jersey and also some other country has a better one

Can’t wait now

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

racso1975 wrote: »
    It's a horrific jersey and the neck on it is brutal. Can't imagine any type of fit would make it look remotely good. Japan and Fiji do have stunning jerseys

The neck on the jersey is going to look ridiculous on the average person who doesn't have the neck profile of a rugby player or gym buff.

With global warming become a more pressing issue I'm glad to see the IRFU recycling material from Dublin Bus seats.

D_Izvc6X4AEw199?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

awec wrote: »
    The neck on the jersey is going to look ridiculous on the average person who doesn't have the neck profile of a rugby player or gym buff.

I'm grand so.

*Sucks in stomach*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Jerseys-2003-Shane-Horgan.jpg

Perfection.

Jersey is nice too in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

In fairness, the home jersey looks a lot nicer when it's not on a model

roKlIXO.jpg

That said, it looks rank in the model picture and there is no mercy for that awful away kit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement