Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Unlocked Caustic last night. Not finding his traps very useful yet, they kinda stick out too much. His voice lines are nice to listen to though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

fixxxer wrote: »
    Unlocked Caustic last night. Not finding his traps very useful yet, they kinda stick out too much. His voice lines are nice to listen to though :)

His traps are amazing at blocking doors which in turn funnel enemies into a meat grinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Shiminay wrote: »
    I got Twitch Prime awards after signing up for the free trial before - was about 18 months ago and I signed up to get some Warframe goodies and they've never gone away after claiming despite not keeping the Prime sub.
    The rewards aren't dependent on you maintaining your sub thankfully. The free games offered appear to get little coverage bizarrely despite there being some crackers offered over the last number of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

The longer the game goes on the more and more valuable Caustic gets, peeps use him wrong TBH. You cant just throw down a trap in an open area battle and expect it to kill the enemy for you.....he does not work like that.

It is handy for throwing down either side of a rock etc when healing, as it will do damage and let you know which side enemy is coming from.

Buildings and end game circles are BRILLIANT for Caustic as they are so small and narrow. 6 traps in a narrow end game circle is amazing especially if you have bloodhound on other side to see through gas along with you.

Just bear in mind that although the gas does not harm team mates it does mess up their visibility also.

ZiabR wrote: »
    His traps are amazing at blocking doors which in turn funnel enemies into a meat grinder.

I do most of my fighting outdoors I suppose, Mirage would have been a better choice. Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

If you have Twitch Prime you can get a Legendary Omega Point Pathfinder skin and 5 Apex Packs for Free. Twitch Prime is free if you are signed up to Amazon Prime. Content will be available only on the first platform you log into your linked EA account

Sadly I cannot avail of this deal without paying for amazon prime even though I currently have amazon prime trial active. After talking to live chat for about an hour or so, sense I have used trials in the past using the same payment method I cannot gain access to a twitch prime or prime video account without opting for a trial with a new payment method (Which I dont have) or paying for a subscription.

Annoying as it would have been nice to get it for free like most others :P

I usually only pay for prime when I plan on doing a few orders (Or take a trial if one is currently available again) but I don't plan on that soon, Recently ordered some stuff for a friend 2/3 weeks ago so I activated a trial I was saving.

Just in case anyone else runs into this problem and will save them an hour of their lives to find out why lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

The new Havoc AR sucks so much... Scope and Stock slots, and a mod. Yeeesh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

BeerWolf wrote: »

Its not too bad, ive only used it full auto so far, i like that it doesnt chew through the ammo. Its far better than the flatline anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Like the devotion it needs the turbocharger and it needs to be full auto

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Dz2GqjbXQAAKJQl.jpg:small

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

killanena wrote: »
    Sadly I cannot avail of this deal without paying for amazon prime even though I currently have amazon prime trial active. After talking to live chat for about an hour or so, sense I have used trials in the past using the same payment method I cannot gain access to a twitch prime or prime video account without opting for a trial with a new payment method (Which I dont have) or paying for a subscription.

Annoying as it would have been nice to get it for free like most others :P

I usually only pay for prime when I plan on doing a few orders (Or take a trial if one is currently available again) but I don't plan on that soon, Recently ordered some stuff for a friend 2/3 weeks ago so I activated a trial I was saving.

If you put +twitch_prime_linked 1 in your launch options in Apex Legends, it unlocks the 5 free lootboxes and legendary pathfinder skin.

Tried it yesterday - worked like a charm. :cool:

You need to keep it in the launch options too to keep the pathfinder skin unlocked.

Korvanica wrote:
    If you put +twitch_prime_linked 1 in your launch options in Apex Legends, it unlocks the 5 free lootboxes and legendary pathfinder skin.

Really? Will try this when I get home later :D thanks

Hilarious game last night. Playing with a buddy, the random 3rd ditched us before we even left the jump ship. Two of us landed in Thunder Dome. We end up at the back with a lone enemy Bangalore with got the only gun in the area. Queue a benny hill esque game of cat and mouse where she'd kill one of us and then went off looking for the other only to have a team mate sneak back around and revive us on the sly. We never did find a gun and the other player got 6 kills out of us.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Tried the command line thing, got an EasyCheat violation :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah i wouldnt bother trying to do it, it looks like they are already clamping down on it, and they could very easily just ban your account. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

3 wins out of 3 in my first games of the day, all with randoms on PS4. I think the challenge of this game is scoring big. From now on every time I'm jumpmaster I'm gonna land in hot areas.

3 wins out of 3 in my first games of the day, all with randoms on PS4. I think the challenge of this game is scoring big. From now on every time I'm jumpmaster I'm gonna land in hot areas.

Dropping in a far off location no one else is going to and looting till late game can get you wins too. But I prefer jumping into the action like yourself. Helps you get better at the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,528 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Dropping in a far off location no one else is going to and looting till late game can get you wins too. But I prefer jumping into the action like yourself. Helps you get better at the game.

As long as "no one else" does't includes your squad.

Varik wrote:
    As long as "no one else" does't includes your squad.

You know what I meant.

Servers down on PC at the moment. People getting stuck on loading scree. Upon game launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

This game rewards you too much for not participating in fights tbh... 4-5+k for sitting out till the end. Kills and assists should earn more XP, time passing less so.

• Advertisement

That's what was happening to me earlier, I thought it was cause I tried the Twitch Prime command line thing above :D I had brief flashes of the Easy Anticheat service in my system tray, so I was putting 2 and 2 together and getting a paranoid 5 :)

Drop in hot zone, other guy gets the weapon, kills me with one shot.

I drop in hot zone, get the weapon first, empty cartridge on the guy, guy lives, I get killed while reloading.

I prefer landing far out. Short lived games and lots of loading and matchmaking in between is no fun. You've time to gather loot and still get into battles. I've won 3 games and they've all come from landing a bit out, gathering loot and stumbling upon other squads.

There is little or no tactics to hot landing I don't know how people think it makes you a better player.

If my squad want to break away and get killed in the first 2 mins then off they go, they can forget about me coming to redrawn them. I can get top 3 no problem on my own by being stealthy and strategically picking off opponents. The game is heavily biased towards survival rather than kills and personally I love it it's exactly how I play fps multiplayer anyway.

But one thing I will say, I never break away. If the jump master goes for a hot landing i'm with him.

BeerWolf wrote:
    This game rewards you too much for not participating in fights tbh... 4-5+k for sitting out till the end. Kills and assists should earn more XP, time passing less so.

Completely agree with you. 250 xp per kill / strong assist, 100 for assist and an additional 250 xp for squad wipe or 500 xp for solo wiping a squad. I think that would work nicely. Maybe 500 xp for every 10 minutes played.

Shiminay wrote:
    That's what was happening to me earlier, I thought it was cause I tried the Twitch Prime command line thing above I had brief flashes of the Easy Anticheat service in my system tray, so I was putting 2 and 2 together and getting a paranoid 5

Me too CD

Edit:

Tried the +twitch_prime_linked 1 command right there. Works fine.
    Im not really bothered if I get banned. Its a free game. Just make another Origin account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Completely agree with you. 250 xp per kill / strong assist, 100 for assist and an additional 250 xp for squad wipe or 500 xp for solo wiping a squad. I think that would work nicely. Maybe 500 xp for every 10 minutes played.

Me too CD

Edit:

Im not really bothered if I get banned. Its a free game. Just make another Origin account.

I don't really mind the way they dole out the XP, its much more rewarding than Blackout, where you can make it to top 3 without getting a kill and get absolutely nothing for it. Its not unusual to see 80% of the plane bale out as soon as the button prompt appears, and every drop seems to be semi hot as fellas are thirsty for that first kill to give them their loot tier skip.

Some games, you just dont seem to encounter players, via a combination of the circles movements etc. I know all the xp is meaningless anyway, but tbh, i'd definitely be less inclined to play if I got zero for getting killed straight off the bat on a hot drop.

But one thing I will say, I never break away. If the jump master goes for a hot landing i'm with him.

You're the kind of squad member I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Had this happen me a few times, usually assume its because the jumpmaster gets pissy that someone else took their character.

pricks

I've encountered it as bug on PC twice where I would be drop master, Wouldn't even have my hands on my keyboard and it would just insta drop flying straight down and when I would try to angle it back up it wouldn't let me.

I have close to 50 games on my Origin account, it would bother me greatly to have anything impact it's integrity :D

[edit] I just checked - I've actually got 70 :eek: How the hell did that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Shiminay wrote: »
    I have close to 50 games on my Origin account, it would bother me greatly to have anything impact it's integrity :D

[edit] I just checked - I've actually got 70 :eek: How the hell did that happen?

I'm not sure there even is 50 games on the Origin platform

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I'm not sure there even is 50 games on the Origin platform

There are 150+ games in the Origin Access Vault never mind the rest of Origin.

Advertisement