Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah theres some rare weird bugs which can happen, not being able to swap or use weapons, i find this one happens when looting, only had it happen twice. I would advise dropping weapons to fix it, failing that try use one of your characters abilities.

The walking one above happened to a friend, although up until i read the post above, he thought he had just toggled walk by accident but didnt know the button to reverse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

are you on ps4? its actually quicker to hit the ps button, go to the network settings, and quickly disconnect / reconnect. (in my experience anyway).
    fixxxer wrote: »
    Will give that a try, thanks!

If you press Start/Options & then the touchpad it brings you back to the main menu & it should work then. It's still very annoying but quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Playing on PC and i can't shoot for ****e. Took a chance a tried with pad on PC and took second place in a kill heavy game with 5 kills for myself. Playing console shooters has ruined me. I might try it again on PS4, but the unstable frame-rate is a killer. They should strive for 60 constant imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Playing on PC and i can't shoot for ****e. Took a chance a tried with pad on PC and took second place in a kill heavy game with 5 kills for myself. Playing console shooters has ruined me. I might try it again on PS4, but the unstable frame-rate is a killer. They should strive for 60 constant imo

Frame rates are not bad on console. I am on the Xbox One X and I have no issues at all with frame rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

PS4 Pro and no frame rate issues. Smooth as silk.

I wish there was a "stay as group option" after the match is over. Had a good squad last night. Worked together well, stayed close. Managed to respawn a couple of times as well. We finished 3rd, and could have won if we had more time as a squad, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

nix wrote: »

Its possible you just havent played long enough to bump into it, or your set ups that good :)

I finally got a crash after 14 hours. I'm not too annoyed until it's fixed if it only happened every 10 hours or so I won't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The one thing that cracks me up about randoms, the vast majority of them are so thirsty for kills, they tend to ignore the fact that a teammate has also been knocked, and end up running into a blaze of gunfire, inevitably getting killed by the other team. If lads could be a bit more patient and focus on threats rather than the downed guy, a lot of engagements woudl have a different outcome.

And don't get me started on the one randomer who continues looting away while the other two are in a firefight. If you haven't been seen, flank, you ape!

On PSPro I set the FOV to 90 as 70 is way to low. Maybe this is the reason for my poor performance? Is there also server issues in PSN? I'm connected with ethernet but as I'm landing the game is rubberbanding alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Had a really 'quiet' win couple nights ago. Landed far side of map from circle and met no-one on the way. Heard gun fire off in distance but was taking us away from circle so ignored.

473514.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

In on 15 wins now with lifeline, only level 23. Had 5 wins last night with a friend. Unlocked Mirage, look forward to trying him later as his abilities fit my style of play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Patch today that addresses crashes. Wahey -- hope I don't have them anymore. :)

Edit -- Whelp, still crashed. Game just freezes. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I only know I have 50 wins with lifetime because of some badge. Its really bizarre the lack of stat tracking on the game.

On PSPro I set the FOV to 90 as 70 is way to low. Maybe this is the reason for my poor performance? Is there also server issues in PSN? I'm connected with ethernet but as I'm landing the game is rubberbanding alot.

You're lagging, join a server closest to you with the lowest ping;

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Is cross-play seriously being suggested? KB+m v Controller is never going to to work. I don't know why this is often promoted in BR games. Fearful console peasant asking.
    I'm not sure why I'm worried I haven't even played it.

BeerWolf wrote: »

]

Nice find! On work at the moment but will check when I'm home. Would assume the game would auto set me to my closest server, but we'll see.

Also why is this option menu so hidden? Mind boggling

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Is cross-play seriously being suggested? KB+m v Controller is never going to to work. I don't know why this is often promoted in BR games. Fearful console peasant asking.

Sure I heard you can now use mouse and keyboard on consoles now anyways? Though some games I do believe block it. It would be an extremely unfair advantage to the controller user if they do go through with it though. I doubt they will as it has massive esport potential imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

gimli2112 wrote: »

Getting on fine with fortnite cross platform tournaments and range fighting in this game is not as strong as the close range fighting so I don’t think cross platform will be too bad

I’m sure it will be something that you can toggle on and off too

Fortnite is a 3rd person shooter. KB+M still are better but not as much of an advantage as you get with FPS. Also its not just the KB+M advantage. PC gamers can play at 244 FPS with a 244 hz monitor make everything nearly life like smooth. Consoles run at 60 FPS I assume?

Here is an image for comparison.
    What would you find easier to aim at for a headshot while they are moving?

On another note, Anyone hear anything about when they are releasing the battle pass? I'd like to unlock more stuff while playing rather then just buy loot boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

killanena wrote: »

On another note, Anyone hear anything about when they are releasing the battle pass? I'd like to unlock more stuff while playing rather then just buy loot boxes.

Word on the street is next month, end of i think :cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just do cross-platform like GTA V on the pc - you can filter by control method for online stuff and so controller users won't be getting brutalised. Simples.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

I'm playing on PS4 if anyone wants to join. Send me a PM and I'll send on my tag

BeerWolf wrote: »

Wow it was lag! Connected to the London server and the game is running smooth now. I've experienced lag and unstable framerate in loads of games before, crazy to think it was lag this time when it felt so much like poor framerate!

-Edit- Oh, just won a game now i don't have lag. Now what? Very much a play with your friends game compared to other BRs. No urge to play anymore lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Had some really great games last night and another win mixed into 4 or 5 top 3 finishes. Aggression seems to be the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

If you have Twitch Prime you can get a Legendary Omega Point Pathfinder skin and 5 Apex Packs for Free. Twitch Prime is free if you are signed up to Amazon Prime. Content will be available only on the first platform you log into your linked EA account

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

If you have Twitch Prime you can get a Legendary Omega Point Pathfinder skin and 5 Apex Packs for Free. Twitch Prime is free if you are signed up to Amazon Prime. Content will be available only on the first platform you log into your linked EA account

Will it still work if I sign up to the free amazon prime trial?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

No idea

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Yup!
    Do I need a Twitch Prime membership to be eligible for the Apex Legends offer?
    Yes. Click the “Try Prime” button above to sign up for a free Prime trial. If you’re already an Amazon Prime member, click “Sign In” to link your Twitch and Amazon account

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

it does, and I even managed to sign up for 2nd free trial by choosing "other countries" in the list selection.

if anyone is looking to increase their friend list for possible casual (but aiming for a win) squads, feel free to pm me your origin id's. Currently running lvl 32 bangalore (but can play anything really).

Ah cheers, got it.

And I got 4 other Pathfinder skins from the 5 apex loot boxes... lol <_<;

Wonder if it's at all possible to link the PS4 skins pack for PC somehow... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I got Twitch Prime awards after signing up for the free trial before - was about 18 months ago and I signed up to get some Warframe goodies and they've never gone away after claiming despite not keeping the Prime sub.

Advertisement