Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ESB eCars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Fantana2

Anyone have an up to date map of planned DC installs?

6.96kwp South facing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Is it a flat charge after 45 mins, or like Tesla will it keep charging you an increasing overstay fee until you move off?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

It's a once off charge of around €5, so once you'e gone over the 45 minutes and been hit with the overstay fee, you can stay there charging (or not charging) for as long as you want..

45 minutes on a 50kW unit will get you around 37kWh, so for a lot of modern EV's with 80kWh or so batteries, just less than 50% charge.

Tesla Superchargers are set up so you really don't want to overstay.... with eCars its a low value token effort which I'd say most will take on the chin in order to get more than 50% into their car if they really need it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

Nothing official from anyone I've spoken to. If the N17 Plaza (Tuam) gets 150kW it means Supermacs will have 2 x 150kW units, the other being at Galway Plaza.

Still no update on the Ennis hub (Supermacs again), the appeal is with ABP.

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Frankfield works have started. The old unit has been removed, and there's a mini digger on site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Wipiuls I be able to locate a list of the Esb 125kw chargers anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭zg3409

I think it's a 5 euro once off at 46 minutes, but if you stop charging prior to the limit, the fines font apply. People have stopped their charge on the app from inside service station, and wandered out later to move or restart the charge. You can wait on AC while DC is in use, as long as you stop before the 45 minute limit. The app warns you at about 40 minutes. There is a catch all mention on website that they will penalize those who blatantly stop start to avoid fee, although I can't see them banning anyone from network.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭innrain

They don't ban just manually add the penalty. I saw a taxi driver using 2 cards to chain his charging but I don't want to give people ideas.

The thing is after 45 min your charging speed would likely drop so would be faster and cheaper to move on and use another charger when SoC is less so higher ch speed. Also battery temp in this weather would be better if you drive those 200 km+ just added in 45 mins. Unfortunately because of the unreliable network people will charge as max as possible when getting the chance. So the network is penalizing the user because is using an unreliable network. I'm still in favor of this overstay but per minute.

P.S. Blanch is in its 9th week since went offline. Checked the app today and while I still saw few color mismatches most of it was accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Is Blanch still out? bloody ridiculous on both counts - putting that setup in there and also not doing it in a reasonable time.

Lidl Lusk - Store opens today and they have a DC Charger supporting CCS & CHAdeMO. App reports only 29kW on CCS & 30kW on CHAdeMO

and just to note, it's a Tritium unit, but it also has the pay by credit card reader on it..

Post edited by AndyBoBandy on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

This is why the overstay is flawed. My old model S would draw the max 125a/50kW from the charger for well over 45 minutes. I'd have been charged the overstay after 44 minutes. And I have been, and I've paid it.

However, if I do the same now in our current Ioniq28, which goes from 0 to full in 37 minutes but I leave the car there for the full 1 hour, I wont get charged the overstay. Overstay fees only apply if you are plugged in and charging. This is down to poor ecars software. Best Regards. Anna.

Yes. They may be waiting for esb networks to reconnect, which can take crazy amount if time. They are busy during storms and a new traffic light near me took about 4 months to get power from ESB networks even though it was next to power poles. It's getting like trying to get a new phone line in the 80s which took about 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭wassie

I use a DCI One (RFID) card and unfortunately there is no app available so have to set a timer everytime I use eCars 50kw.

Also Ive had 4 instances in last 3 weeks where the RFID reader wasnt working on the eCars unit, forcing me to then revert to the ESB app and do a topup.

Complain enough and eventually it'll get running.

Showing up on the site now. Still looks like a few final touches though. Seen the odd fault over the last few minutes.

Did y'all get the email from eCars to complete the online survey?

Worth doing if you want to provide them some much needed user feedback;

ESB ecars Community Newsletter

Dear EV Driver,

As a user of our charging network we would like to ask you a few short questions about your experience.

It should take no longer than 5 minutes. Thank you in advance for your time and feedback, your comments will help us to continually improve our service.

The survey will be available for 5 days until Tuesday 14th December.

You can complete the survey at the link here.

We wish all of our customers a safe and Merry Christmas.

Best wishes,

The ESB ecars team

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nikolaistoev

Anyone knows anything about these 2 chargers. They are on sir Rogerson Quay and have been wrapped in black plastic the last month or so.

Please add them to plugshare app. They might be taxi only like they have in some places but they look like esb ecars. I presume they are waiting on esb networks to apply power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

Yep got the survey, just completed it with plenty of feedback/comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dubwat

@zg3409 where would I find out more info on taxi-only charging points in Dublin? TIA.

DCC's page is funny. It stresses that you should pay for parking but no mention of locations. And refers peoples to esb.ie, not esb.ie/ecars...

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Yup got the survey

Hopefully the feedback is taken seriously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

at the Airport Queuing Rank. there are 2 x (150kW CCS + 50kW CHAdeMO). Use the apps epower or my go charge

If only I knew I would have complained weekly. 😉 The two CCS would be golden in the area. Especially the 150kW one.

Fun fact: while the charger was offline, in Dublin got registered 372 new EVs or 30 per DC charger

Technically not a triple head. It's a dual plug (CCS and CHAdeMO) single socket (22kW untethered) unit. Not sure what they're doing with those old triple head units

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭denismc

If you click the link above you can do the survey multiple times, so you vent as often as you want!

See plugshare app, Dublin airport taxi queue. Only available to taxis with official airport permit. Many taxis dropping people to airport cannot use them.

See Cork Airport, some are labeled taxi only, but anyone can connect.

Limerick near train station

I don't know of any more, but I update plugshare when I hear anything.

Crazy none in Dublin city centre, many taxis use Dublin port 50kW+ chargers . Public clonshaugh and public Dublin airport are full of EV Taxis these days, often filling up to 100% while waiting on a new fair via the booking apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Probably boxed up and ready to ship to Northern Ireland and declared "upgrades"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Sorry to go slightly off topic. Do these cut the power to the CCS if chademo is plugged in?

• Advertisement

Blanch, 3 parking spaces, 4 cars can charge at same time. Car on AC has no overstay fees so can stay all day long or for a week and if they park in middle spot chaos will reign, particular for cars that don't have charge ports at front middle who cannot get the cable to reach their car unless they park in specific spots. Probably the busiest charging site in the country, the future. At least it has a clamping sign, not that it's enforced for EVs charging anymore.

Advertisement