Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 stresshead101

Does anybody know roughly how long after sale agreed the council will send the engineer???

I was with Dublin City Council and they didn't send an engineer.. We were responsible for arranging one ourselves and just submitted the final report to them when complete.
    I'm not sure if its the same process for all councils.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Salanky

I was with Dublin City Council and they didn't send an engineer.. We were responsible for arranging one ourselves and just submitted the final report to them when complete.
    I'm not sure if its the same process for all councils.

I'm the same and its with Louth, had to get the survey and valuation done by myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭xxsammyxx085

Thank you for your replies... they told me they are sending their own engineer because the house needs a small bit of work ( which I have suitable money's to complete) just wondering would it take 6 weeks like it does with everything else ��

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Emma237

We just got message from Kildare coco , they still deal with backlog from 2019 and we are 29 on the waiting list for 2020, slim chances for loan in this year:-(

I was told exactly the same thing from Kildare county council but we are 30th on the waiting list for 2020! Hopefully they will get through the applications quickly! Best of luck with the application!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

Emma237 wrote: »
    I was told exactly the same thing from Kildare county council but we are 30th on the waiting list for 2020! Hopefully they will get through the applications quickly! Best of luck with the application!

If your Income goes up in the meantime, Would they consider that extra amount or just go by your income at the time of the application?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭xxsammyxx085

shawki wrote: »
    If your Income goes up in the meantime, Would they consider that extra amount or just go by your income at the time of the application?

I'm sale agreed at the moment and I had to send new payslips.. new bank statements.. new proof of savings... letter from both employers stating no change in job circumstances...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Lwoods90

Hi,

Has anyone gone complete lately?
    We are sale agreed 7 weeks today and need to give our notice as renting?

L

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

beanyb wrote: »
    This is the correct address - I've sent documents into them recently. I put Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan Section, Housing Department as the addressee and it got to them no problem.

Thanks again for this.

Just as information for anybody at the same stage - I posted my app to this address at DCC Friday, got a call today (Wednesday) to tell me things look good bar one minor doc, which I managed to scan in and return by email within about two hours.

Recieved a mail confirming my app would then be sent to the underwriters. So far so good, now comes the rest :)

Any advice on what the next stage is like, and how long it takes? I was given a rough idea of how much I'd be eligible for, and it was more than I expected, so I'm on tenterhooks to have it in writing :o

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Emma237 wrote: »
    Same to you:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MaddogMC

Anyone recommend a solicitor in Dublin that has dealt with the RI scheme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

Thanks again for this.

Just as information for anybody at the same stage - I posted my app to this address at DCC Friday, got a call today (Wednesday) to tell me things look good bar one minor doc, which I managed to scan in and return by email within about two hours.

Recieved a mail confirming my app would then be sent to the underwriters. So far so good, now comes the rest :)

Any advice on what the next stage is like, and how long it takes? I was given a rough idea of how much I'd be eligible for, and it was more than I expected, so I'm on tenterhooks to have it in writing :o

Excellent! We put our application in with SDCC on the 15th of July, we got an email a few days later to say our application was incomplete. They wouldn't accept screenshots from mortgage applications - they needed letters. Also we needed to get a form from Revenue.

Sent everything back to them that same day. Haven't heard anything since. We're expecting a wait though, as I'm only finishing on TWSS this Monday.

The thing about being on TWSS is that I was managing to save more a month since I've been on it as my whole lifestyle changed.

Best of luck with the application & the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 deedee26

MaddogMC wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a solicitor in Dublin that has dealt with the RI scheme

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Cheesepuffs

Hi,

Has anyone actually got this Scheme in Cork County. Looking for some guidance.

Maybe any area would do ?

Cheese puffs x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

Thanks again for this.

It took about 5 weeks for me to get the approval once the docs were submitted but that was back in January so things may have changed a bit. I'd give them a ring in a month or so if you haven't heard anything and they should be able to let you know how things are looking.

Thank you very much, will post for information when I've an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DianeMc2018

Hi there

Does anyone know how Kildare Co co might view this. My OH and I are self-employed and our annual income can fluctuate year on year (for ex. 2019 was quite good and 2018 was so-so). If RI were to only take those 2 years income into account and average it out, we would be €1300 over the combined income threshold of €75K. But if 3 years were taken into account - 2017 too - we are below. What do you reckon our chance are of being accepted with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Hi there

Does anyone know how Kildare Co co might view this. My OH and I are self-employed and our annual income can fluctuate year on year (for ex. 2019 was quite good and 2018 was so-so). If RI were to only take those 2 years income into account and average it out, we would be €1300 over the combined income threshold of €75K. But if 3 years were taken into account - 2017 too - we are below. What do you reckon our chance are of being accepted with this?

For applications made in 2020, they look at your income in 2019 and your current salary. They don't look at previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DianeMc2018

gandalfio wrote: »
    For applications made in 2020, they look at your income in 2019 and your current salary. They don't look at previous years.

Has this changed then? I had friends approved on this scheme last year and they had their previous 3 years self-employed income averaged out.

It states on the website that they look for last 2 years of accounts...?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Has this changed then? I had friends approved on this scheme last year and they had their previous 3 years self-employed income averaged out.

It states on the website that they look for last 2 years of accounts...?

Sorry, I overlooked that you had said you're self employed. Ignore my post. My apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Celine

Hi All,

Just read tons of posts here and not sure if its all good or bad news. Congrads to everyone who got approved.

Really want some help with my questions, as our landlord is selling the property and we would like to buy one through rebuild ire.

Me and husband want to apply for rebuild ireland mortgage, as cant get enough from banks having one child.

Husband is in full time for 3 years and I was out of work since end 2018, but started work recently. We are trying to save more and have a gift already.

However curious as a second applicant do I have to be in 12 month employment to be considered for joint application?

Or does my husband have to apply as single applicant, since my income will not count due to me just getting back to work just now?

We do not have any childcare expenses, as I work from home, will that affect the mount we can borrow in a good way?

Thanks in advance,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Dankarl

Hi,

We have gone sale agreed and paid the booking deposit.

When should we hear from our solicitor to pay remaining deposit?

D K

Dankarl wrote: »
    Hi,

We have gone sale agreed and paid the booking deposit.

When should we hear from our solicitor to pay remaining deposit?

D K
    You need to tell the council you have gone sale agreed and they will send you forms to fill out so they can send the loan pack out. Part of that is a letter to say you have sent the solicitor the remaining funds so if you don't have their bank details get them so you can send the money to their client account. You also have to sign the mpi forms to get that going too. My contracts are with my solicitor and I'm waiting on the letter from her to say she has the funds and they will issue the loan pack. Once thats sent I can sign it and the contracts then its drawdown for closing.....well as far as I know that's how gonna go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

How much are BER’ at the moment?

phobia2011 wrote: »
    How much are BER’ at the moment?

Roughly €99

Hey

Does anyone know how long the process takes?

We have gone sale agreed, deposit paid, all forms completed, engineers report done and MPI approved.

Our application is with the solicitors department. Any idea how long until we sign contracts ?

C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Roughly €99

Getting quotes of €250 + vat

Best I’ve gotten was €160

3bed semi D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Lwoods90

Hi,

Our application is hopefully at the end stage and has been passed to the solicitors department.

Does anyone know what type of information they may request?

L

Folks, apologies for the stupid question, but I just want to be absolutely sure and I've had a slightly hazy answer from RI themselves -

I'm expecting to get a decent chunk of money from work in the next few months that I'll add to my deposit.

Hypothetical numbers for handiness sake - let's say I could expect to be approved for 100k, on top of a 10k deposit, making my buying power 110k. If I pull together another 5k between now and actually being approved, does that mean my buying power is now 115k?

In other words, does my significantly increased deposit have any other implications for my RI loan, or (excluding all other considerations like fees etc) am I now free and clear to look for houses in the 115k range-and-counting up until the point I actually find a house?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Folks, apologies for the stupid question, but I just want to be absolutely sure and I've had a slightly hazy answer from RI themselves -

I'm expecting to get a decent chunk of money from work in the next few months that I'll add to my deposit.

Hypothetical numbers for handiness sake - let's say I could expect to be approved for 100k, on top of a 10k deposit, making my buying power 110k. If I pull together another 5k between now and actually being approved, does that mean my buying power is now 115k?

In other words, does my significantly increased deposit have any other implications for my RI loan, or (excluding all other considerations like fees etc) am I now free and clear to look for houses in the 115k range-and-counting up until the point I actually find a house?

Yup that’s my understanding

• Advertisement

You can add as much to the house as you want. I got approved for 141k and have gone sale agreed at 175k because I had 40k savings. Once you meet the criteria and have all the required savings records you can add whatever you want (within reason I would imagine) to it once you can explain where its coming from.

Advertisement