Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 SarahKK1987

Unfortunately the guidance is 2 months off the subsidy scheme before you will be allowed to draw down the money. Also a council engineer will assess the property and it must be deemed liveable to be able to buy it.if the renovations are just cosmetics you should be ok but it needs to have the basics in already like bathrooms kitchen etc.the best thing to do would be to contact the council you have applied to and explain your situation. They will advise you on their own regulations and guidelines.i can only say my own experience and we haven't even got the keys yet. Been sale agreed since March 7th but obviously major hold ups with covid
    Hi guys I'm wondering if somebody might be able to help me.... excuse me in advance if this has been covered as I cant find the information.

Iv just gone sale agreed on a house. My husband is on the wage subsidy scheme... will we be able to draw down while he is on it??

My second question is.... the house was being refurbished but wasn't finished... there is about 20k of work left to do on it.... if I have the 20k myself to finish it after I pay my deposit... will that be aloud?? I know the rebuilding Ireland scheme will only pay the price of the house... was unsure if I would be aloud to finish it from my own savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭BaguMka

We just got message from Kildare coco , they still deal with backlog from 2019 and we are 29 on the waiting list for 2020, slim chances for loan in this year:-(

Hi. May I ask you when did you apply for RIHL?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Unfortunately the guidance is 2 months off the subsidy scheme before you will be allowed to draw down the money. Also a council engineer will assess the property and it must be deemed liveable to be able to buy it.if the renovations are just cosmetics you should be ok but it needs to have the basics in already like bathrooms kitchen etc.the best thing to do would be to contact the council you have applied to and explain your situation. They will advise you on their own regulations and guidelines.i can only say my own experience and we haven't even got the keys yet. Been sale agreed since March 7th but obviously major hold ups with covid

Just on that, it's actually a period of three continuos months off TWSS.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

BaguMka wrote: »
    Hi. May I ask you when did you apply for RIHL?

2 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 22 NM2020

Hi,

New to this thread. And sorry if this qn has already been asked :)

i am hoping to apply for RIHL in the next couple of week. i have everything ready to go.
    just from reading on here they seem to be quite strict with savings.

is there a minimum amount the expect saved each month? and how much do they take paying rent into consideration? i have a good chunk saved but the amounts vary on some months ie christmas and holidays and im worried my application will be rejected becase of this.
    thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭BaguMka

2 months ago

Thanks. I dropped my application today in CoCo.Kildare. I wonder how long does it take to hear from them. Do they contact you or you have to get in touch with them to see what stage your application at?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

NM2020 wrote: »
    Hi,

New to this thread. And sorry if this qn has already been asked :)

i am hoping to apply for RIHL in the next couple of week. i have everything ready to go.
    just from reading on here they seem to be quite strict with savings.

is there a minimum amount the expect saved each month? and how much do they take paying rent into consideration? i have a good chunk saved but the amounts vary on some months ie christmas and holidays and im worried my application will be rejected becase of this.
    thank you.

The amounts varying shouldn't be too much of an issue as long as it's not a huge discrepancy each month, it's more about you saving consistenly, i.e. putting something away every week, every 2 weeks, every months etc. Rent will be taken into consideration. Basically what they want to see is that you'll be able to afford the repayments and also be able to, y'know, feed yourself. What you should do is check out the mortgage calculator on the RIHL website and see what the monthly repayments would be. If the amount you save + how much your rent costs covers that amount then you're in a good starting position.

Alternatively it would be a good idea to get in contact with your local county council and just ask them for clarification, as they may be able to give you more specific numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Benci

BKWDR wrote: »
    Just on that, it's actually a period of three continuos months off TWSS.

This guidance is somewhere written down? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

BaguMka wrote: »
    Thanks. I dropped my application today in CoCo.Kildare. I wonder how long does it take to hear from them. Do they contact you or you have to get in touch with them to see what stage your application at?

You will receive latter in few days, it will state that they got yours application and you are now on waiting list , after that nothing, I just email them and they told me status of it, no future eta or anything, just long waiting now

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭xxsammyxx085

Does anybody know if I get my own engineer to survey the house or does the council do it.. or both??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

Does anybody know if I get my own engineer to survey the house or does the council do it.. or both??

I had to get my own engineer (Dublin City Council) but I think it might vary from council to council.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 SarahKK1987

We have both with Kilkenny council. The survey they do isbt a very in depth one. The one we paid for was very detailed and went through everything. Howeverthe council never actually looked for the private one or or off we had done it so might be up to yourself

thank you for replying :) Ok i feel a lot better about applying now. I'm prepared to be waiting a long time and for a decline so will keep my accounts and savings tidy while im waiting just in case. Wish they didnt make as hard as it's a lot of peoples only option to but a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

NM2020 wrote: »
    thank you for replying :) Ok i feel a lot better about applying now. I'm prepared to be waiting a long time and for a decline so will keep my accounts and savings tidy while im waiting just in case. Wish they didnt make as hard as it's a lot of peoples only option to but a house.
    It is a long, long road, but hang in there. I applied well over a year ago. In my case I'm waiting on a new build to be finished, I've a fools hope to turn key before the end of the year

yep, i am prepared for a long wait :) from reading this thread , it's clear its a long and stressful process! oh, fingers crossed for you!! would like to think you will be in after waiting so so long!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dankarl

Hi,

We had to get our own engineers report.

He came back with an issue due to the boundary. Approx 1/2 a foot even less of an issue.

Does anyone know how to get original maps of the area and if they will allow us to purchase?

Dankarl

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ComputerLab

Hi all,
    a king of urgent question:
    does anyone know if the additional child is born and the house address changed, do these changes of circumstances affect the provisional approval - will the council reject it and require to start from the scratch?
    Many thanks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Hi all,
    a king of urgent question:
    does anyone know if the additional child is born and the house address changed, do these changes of circumstances affect the provisional approval - will the council reject it and require to start from the scratch?
    Many thanks!!!

Firstly i assume you mean that your postal address where you live has changed?

I would be letting them know immnediately about your house address change as they may be sending you information in the post.

Once you have AIP these two things wont change it. But let them know about change of address

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Jess2019

Hi all, we had had to pull out of a house as my partner is on the PUP as he has been temporarily laid off since May. This meant could not drawn down. This was with PTSB.
    We are now going to apply to rebuilding Ireland. I rang the council and they said to put in an application and said it could be based off my income only. I’m the first applicant as I earn more than him.
    Has anyone had success with one income and a joint application?
    To make things more confusing my partners job filled out his salary cert and said they expect him stay employed with them (even though he has no return to work date).
    Any advice is much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ComputerLab

BKWDR wrote: »
    Firstly i assume you mean that your postal address where you live has changed?

I would be letting them know immnediately about your house address change as they may be sending you information in the post.

Once you have AIP these two things wont change it. But let them know about change of address

Thanks a lot for the answer! I also asked this council and they said this does not change circumstances.
    Thanks for advice too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 MaddogMC

If you fill in the loan amount on the application form as what the RIHL calculator states you are eligible for & get approved. Then find a house cheaper is this ok or does it make a mess of the application?
    Apologies if this is already covered

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Don't supppose anyone knows if DCC are accepting apps by post at the moment, and if so what address?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MaddogMC

Don't supppose anyone knows if DCC are accepting apps by post at the moment, and if so what address?

I plan on sending mine to the housing loans section in wood quay by registered post. I called in and all offices are closed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

MaddogMC wrote: »
    I plan on sending mine to the housing loans section in wood quay by registered post. I called in and all offices are closed

That's my thinking, yeah, the only postal address I could find for it was on old documents though so I was a bit nervy -

Dublin City Council,
    House Purchase Loan Section,
    Block 2, Floor 2,
    Civic Offices,
    Wood Quay,
    Dublin 8

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Salanky

MaddogMC wrote: »
    If you fill in the loan amount on the application form as what the RIHL calculator states you are eligible for & get approved. Then find a house cheaper is this ok or does it make a mess of the application?
    Apologies if this is already covered

They will give you 90% of the purchase price or the amount you were approved for whichever is the lower. If you get approved for 180k and buy somewhere for 150k they will only give you 135k where if you buy for 250k they will give the full 180k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

That's my thinking, yeah, the only postal address I could find for it was on old documents though so I was a bit nervy -

Dublin City Council,
    House Purchase Loan Section,
    Block 2, Floor 2,
    Civic Offices,
    Wood Quay,
    Dublin 8

This is the correct address - I've sent documents into them recently. I put Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan Section, Housing Department as the addressee and it got to them no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Cheesepuffs

Hi,

Does anyone know what this means ‘Your application has now been sent to the county solicitors’

I don’t want to keep annoying the poor girl in housing.

Cheese puffs

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Hi,

Does anyone know what this means ‘Your application has now been sent to the county solicitors’

I don’t want to keep annoying the poor girl in housing.

Cheese puffs

When we went through this they sent it to the legal department before releasing the funds, so hopefully you are around that stage of the process

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Salanky

Sending back the acceptance letter for the loan offer today along with the dreaded mpi form. Fingers crossed it goes without a hitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭xxsammyxx085

Does anybody know roughly how long after sale agreed the council will send the engineer???

Advertisement