Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gabbi_d

Hi
    Anyone applied for this loan in Co. Waterford. How long roughly it takes now to get mortgage approval in principal?

I'm also thinking if to apply as sole name or joint. We have temporary one income (my fiance due to recession lost job, he decided to go back to college). I checked online that with him on application and one income we can get more money. Anyone tried this? Or is better to apply as sole name (will be enough anyways to buy a house we want).

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KH1591

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone has applied and been approved in Kildare? Our application is currently in a que.
    We wondered if we need to have the legal fees before we're approved or after?

Any help would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kbman

Gabbi_d wrote: »
    Hi
    Anyone applied for this loan in Co. Waterford. How long roughly it takes now to get mortgage approval in principal?

I'm also thinking if to apply as sole name or joint. We have temporary one income (my fiance due to recession lost job, he decided to go back to college). I checked online that with him on application and one income we can get more money. Anyone tried this? Or is better to apply as sole name (will be enough anyways to buy a house we want).

Gabbi,

My wife at the time of the application wasn't working. A year later after approval, that's still the case and again like you, we got a higher number on the calculator and that was almost exactly what was offered to us.
    If you add your fiance to the loan, it gives them more collateral if something goes awry, so maybe more of a personal choice as to whether you want both names on the loan.

Good luck with it all

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Lwoods90

Hi,

Can I just ask who people are going with for home insurance?

Do you have to include the council on the insurance ?

L

Lwoods90 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can I just ask who people are going with for home insurance?

Do you have to include the council on the insurance ?

L

Yes, it'll be in your approval documents.
    The Insurance will need to reference the council.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Lwoods90

kbman wrote: »
    Yes, it'll be in your approval documents.
    The Insurance will need to reference the council.

What companies do it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Got a letter in to sign & return on the assumption of no change of circumstances. Emailed to inform them that husband is on Covid payment for one of his two jobs and provided updated bank statements & payslips. Left it for 1 month, emailed to see what stage we are at and they sent the same form again. I emailed back to say we had received that form and responded by email 1 month ago. Email back to say ' we got your email but can't see the declaration of no change of circumstances'. I emailed back saying we didn't sign that because there has been a change in circumstances.....nothing since!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Laurazal

Hello. After a year of ups and downs, we are very close to draw down stage (our solicitor says next week). My question is, house insurance - county council requires them to be mentioned in the policy document. When buying a policy online and entering county council as "name of lending institution", will that automatically include co.co. in the policy or do I need to request insurance company to put them in to the policy separately?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Seanom90

Hi guys,

I got a call from the council to ask me a few questions
    She said she needed something off me before my application goes to Dublin

My question is does all applications not get decided at a local authority level?
    Why would my application go to Dublin?

Seanom90 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I got a call from the council to ask me a few questions
    She said she needed something off me before my application goes to Dublin

My question is does all applications not get decided at a local authority level?
    Why would my application go to Dublin?

All applications go to the housing authority where they do credit checks etc and send the file back to the county council with questions and or concern. My understanding is all the loans are underwritten once they come in to the housing authority and sent to the county council.

Credit meeting happens in the county council when they receive the applications back. Then the loans are approved or declined and approval in principle provided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Seanom90

kbman wrote: »
    All applications go to the housing authority where they do credit checks etc and send the file back to the county council with questions and or concern. My understanding is all the loans are underwritten once they come in to the housing authority and sent to the county council.

Credit meeting happens in the county council when they receive the applications back. Then the loans are approved or declined and approval in principle provided.

Thanks im not really sure of the process once the application is in

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Woody.

Hi folks, I have been watching this thread for ages and using all the advice everybody has been giving. Some information would not be relevant to myself as its with a different cc and most of them seem to operate a little differently, so could I put it out there? If someone new is reading the threads would it be better if at the end of each comment or question we might write which County Council, for example we are applying through dcc. Just a suggestion? So atm we are sale agreed, paperwork all signed and completed by surveyors and valuation and mpi form filled and sent back. Today I called dcc and they said they sent the pack to our solicitor yesterday, any ideas on how long it takes from here? Or what's in the pack? When we went sale agreed our solicitor said about 12 weeks? When does the 12 weeks start? When we returned our forms to dcc or when they receive the pack? Really sorry about the long post, thanks very much, woody

• Registered Users Posts: 14 estabon

So my wife and I are thinking about Applying after bank of Ireland has messed us about with a mortgage offer for the last 10 months only to cancel our mortgage after the birth of our 2nd child, puts us out of reach now. My concern is my wife is renting a council house atm and I live with her unbeknownst to the council, she got this council house a few years before she met me... she's currently in arrears due to forgetting to change a standing order after her rent went up by €10, on the application for it says if renting from local authority tenant must have rent assessment up to date and clear account for 6 months, so should we pay what is owed and wait 6 months before applying or are they strict on this issue? Also should we let the council know I live here or can I use my home address even though we're married and just pretend to the council I don't live with them? Thanks in advance. (Donegal Co council)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

Woody. wrote: »
    Hi folks, I have been watching this thread for ages and using all the advice everybody has been giving. Some information would not be relevant to myself as its with a different cc and most of them seem to operate a little differently, so could I put it out there? If someone new is reading the threads would it be better if at the end of each comment or question we might write which County Council, for example we are applying through dcc. Just a suggestion? So atm we are sale agreed, paperwork all signed and completed by surveyors and valuation and mpi form filled and sent back. Today I called dcc and they said they sent the pack to our solicitor yesterday, any ideas on how long it takes from here? Or what's in the pack? When we went sale agreed our solicitor said about 12 weeks? When does the 12 weeks start? When we returned our forms to dcc or when they receive the pack? Really sorry about the long post, thanks very much, woody

I'd say your solicitor meant 12 weeks from when you went sale agreed to when you got your keys, but there are lots of things that can cause delays in the process along the way!

The loan pack is the legal agreement and terms for getting the mortgage. Your solicitor will go through it for you and will get you to sign it once it and the contracts for the sale are ready to go. Then you'll move to drawdown after that and then you'll get the keys. But unfortunately it's hard to say how long any of that will take because of all the moving parts. Maybe contact your solicitor on Monday and they should be able to give you a more definite answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dankarl

Who is everyone getting their home insurance with ?

(CCC)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 SarahKK1987

We have decided to take the council comprehensive insurance for the first year just for one less thing to do as we have been sale agreed for 6 months and are stressed enough with it all without searching for insurance aswell. It reasonable enough but doesn't include contents. (Kkccc)
    Dankarl wrote: »
    Who is everyone getting their home insurance with ?

(CCC)

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

We have decided to take the council comprehensive insurance for the first year just for one less thing to do as we have been sale agreed for 6 months and are stressed enough with it all without searching for insurance aswell. It reasonable enough but doesn't include contents. (Kkccc)

I didn't even know that was an option. At what stage were you offered this? I currently have my approval in principle and am househunting and the last correspondence I got was a letter with the details of the terms and conditions that I had to email them to confirm I accepted. In it they asked me to let them know if I would be seeking fire cover with them or if I would be getting it privately, but nothing was mentioned about house insurance. (Clare CC)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 SarahKK1987

We have just signed to accept loan offer. Maybe it is called fire cover but covers for alot more than just fire. Basically anything except contents. We will seek our own next year as we could have probably gotten it for a similar price to include contents but haven't the time or the head space to look right now.
    Jafin wrote: »
    I didn't even know that was an option. At what stage were you offered this? I currently have my approval in principle and am househunting and the last correspondence I got was a letter with the details of the terms and conditions that I had to email them to confirm I accepted. In it they asked me to let them know if I would be seeking fire cover with them or if I would be getting it privately, but nothing was mentioned about house insurance. (Clare CC)

Has anyone in the kildare area been approved or had contact from the council since they're back in office? We're in a que apparently and just curious if anyone in the same que has heard back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Salanky

All of my paperwork is off to the council solicitor and should hopefully have the loan pack issued this week. Contracts are sitting in my solicitors for nearly 3 weeks now, itching to get them signed and get it all done now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Jess2019

We have just put in our application with SDCC last week. My partner has been temporarily laid off since May. And the salary cert we provided is for this job. He has been offerned a new job which he will start in a few weeks. Ive checked with the online chat on the rebuilding ireland website and they said it is fine for him to start a new job, it wouldnt make a difference we need to just let our local authority know.
    Anyone have any experence of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Proporridge

Hey I applied to Donegal County Council 7 weeks ago and haven’t even had any feedback from the local office did anyone else get approved here and how long did it take.

Also I’m a single mum with 2 kids has anyone else been successful in this situation

I’m currently renting the house I am trying to buy from my landlord and I only have until the beginning of December to get this sorted or I’m going to have no where to live. I need to know if I need to find an alternative rental (there are none).

Please any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

Jess2019 wrote: »
    We have just put in our application with SDCC last week. My partner has been temporarily laid off since May. And the salary cert we provided is for this job. He has been offerned a new job which he will start in a few weeks. Ive checked with the online chat on the rebuilding ireland website and they said it is fine for him to start a new job, it wouldnt make a difference we need to just let our local authority know.
    Anyone have any experence of this?

I was considering changing jobs a month or 2 ago as I thought my job was going to keep me on TWSS for ages and I asked on the live chat if there would be any impact. They said I'd need to finish probation for our application to proceed.
    Seems like there's different information given.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Jess2019

They said to me 'During these exceptional times, temporary interruptions to income, savings and employment due to covid-19 emergency will not materially affect an application and its asessment.' So we went ahead with the application for this reason. This was 2 weeks ago. I definitely need to check it again.

Salanky wrote: »
    All of my paperwork is off to the council solicitor and should hopefully have the loan pack issued this week. Contracts are sitting in my solicitors for nearly 3 weeks now, itching to get them signed and get it all done now.

Do you mind me asking if the council solicitors were expensive? Also have you been approved recently? We're still waiting to hear back

KH1591 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking if the council solicitors were expensive? Also have you been approved recently? We're still waiting to hear back

I'm not paying the council solicitor bill....well as far as I know I'm not. They have the fees for the stamp duty and land registry etc but no professional fees from their side. I was originally approved in October of last year but got an extension in April due to covid. Sale agreed since the 22nd of July but there was a two week delay on the valuation cause that estate agent was lazy and couldn't be bothered doing it properly. I'm actually surprised the councils solicitor let it go through cause the details of it don't match the house.

Salanky wrote: »
    I'm not paying the council solicitor bill....well as far as I know I'm not. They have the fees for the stamp duty and land registry etc but no professional fees from their side. I was originally approved in October of last year but got an extension in April due to covid. Sale agreed since the 22nd of July but there was a two week delay on the valuation cause that estate agent was lazy and couldn't be bothered doing it properly. I'm actually surprised the councils solicitor let it go through cause the details of it don't match the house.

Oh right, I wasn't aware you didn't have to pay a solicitor fee with them. That's great everything is working out for you. We're still in a que, its taking so long for them to get to us

KH1591 wrote: »
    Oh right, I wasn't aware you didn't have to pay a solicitor fee with them. That's great everything is working out for you. We're still in a que, its taking so long for them to get to us

Some people have said they have to pay the council fees but it seems to be for the smaller councils but I'm with Louth. I'm hoping the rest of it goes through quick enough. My solicitor is sending the precontract queries tomorrow or Monday and then I should be able to sign the contract and the loan pack next week. That will be sent back to the council and the vendor solicitor with a view to draw down asap. Hoping to have it all done and dusted before the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Woody.

Hi all, so this week our solicitor received contracts from vendors solicitor and also the loan pack from dcc. We have a meeting next week to come and sign all the proposed paperwork. She's had a look at everything and said all looks good, she did mention that the house is a probate sale? And she's said 4 weeks until that comes in? We can have all paperwork ready but not drawdown until this process is finished. I'm very sceptical about it only been 4 weeks after reading some stuff online. She reckons it's nothing to worry about, has anyone any experience with probate? Thanks very much. Dublin City Council.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Woody. wrote: »
    Hi all, so this week our solicitor received contracts from vendors solicitor and also the loan pack from dcc. We have a meeting next week to come and sign all the proposed paperwork. She's had a look at everything and said all looks good, she did mention that the house is a probate sale? And she's said 4 weeks until that comes in? We can have all paperwork ready but not drawdown until this process is finished. I'm very sceptical about it only been 4 weeks after reading some stuff online. She reckons it's nothing to worry about, has anyone any experience with probate? Thanks very much. Dublin City Council.

Probate can be seamless or probate can be a nightmare (thats what you've read online im sure)

Basically, if the vendors solicitor has painted a picture that it is straight forward to your solicitor and has said 4 weeks, that's positive. The family or LPR could have commenced probate long before. Probate is a seperate legal activitiy going on inside your purchase and you have no control over it really.

You have 6 months from your Final approval to complete the transaction so there should be no problem. What i would say to you is this, continue to ACT like you are saving for your loan. Don't change ANYTHING. Continue to save your amount. Don't take a loan out. Don't splurge big money on anything. CERTAINLY don't change jobs. Just act like you did when you were preparing to send in your application.

The last thing you want is for DCC to run a credit cheque ahead of issuing the final cert of approval and see you have taken out a 15k loan for a new car or you changed jobs and are on probation.

Advertisement