Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

bassy wrote: »
    large chip is ready kitty with salt/vinegar 2.50 please :D

Cheers Bassy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ack rain

Did you ever post things on boards that you will regret when morning comes?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Rarely thankfully, you?

Rarely thankfully, you?
    Not really, but I'm always super paranoid about making a show of myself whenever I'm drunk or (mór typically) high. I know everybody will. Probably just forget it but I won't. Trying hard. To. Be on my best behaviour.

• Advertisement

Ahh, i tend to forget my phone exists when i'm drunk

Ahh, i tend to forget my phone exists when i'm drunk
    Same. I usually do myself a favour by losing my phone when I'm drunk. But under any other influence, I seem to be well. Able to keep my phone in hand and text all the most embarrassing content to as many people as possible.

What has you up so late?

TV side - just watched Katie Taylor get her 3rd pro belt. Delighted for her.
    Makes me feel like I should run an extra k tomorrow in her honour :D

I only drink so i guess i'm lucky there.

I'm at work tonight

Cali_girl wrote: »
    TV side - just watched Katie Taylor get her 3rd pro belt. Delighted for her.
    Makes me feel like I should run an extra k tomorrow in her honour :D
    I know this isn't the interview thread but

Question: Would. Katie Taylor bé more celebrated if she were a man?

• Advertisement

I know this isn't the interview thread but

Question: Would. Katie Taylor bé more celebrated if she were a man?

Interesting question.
    My thought - is probably yes.
    HOWEVER
    Her inherent introversion and genuine lack of ego/need to be celebrated probably override gender? Everyone I know in boxing has utmost respect for her and how she carries herself - most typical insider quotes are "She's cool" closely followed by "I couldn't *ffing get her off me" :D (from several former male amateur elite sparring partners).

Plus, she moved to nowheresville Connecticut alone to focus on training with a highly respected but very low key coach - not a 'celebrity' move. Presumably done on purpose to focus on her training and move away from the limelight. What is interesting is how theta US pros of today (Claressa Shields) and the past (Sugar Ray Leoard) are all big fans. She's a total class act imo.

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Interesting question.
    My thought - is probably yes.
    HOWEVER
    Her inherent introversion and genuine lack of ego/need to be celebrated probably override gender? Everyone I know in boxing has utmost respect for her and how she carries herself - most typical insider quotes are "She's cool" closely followed by "I couldn't *ffing get her off me" :D (from several former male amateur elite sparring partners).

Plus, she moved to nowheresville Connecticut alone to focus on training with a highly respected but very low key coach - not a 'celebrity' move. Presumably done on purpose to focus on her training and move away from the limelight. What is interesting is how theta US pros of today (Claressa Shields) and the past (Sugar Ray Leoard) are all big fans. She's a total class act imo.

That's very interesting, I hadn't known about the US move.

I'm afraid to admit I actually didn't really believe boxing was a legitimate sport until I watched her win her first Olympic medal

That's very interesting, I hadn't known about the US move.

I'm afraid to admit I actually didn't really believe boxing was a legitimate sport until I watched her win her first Olympic medal

Oh she's a legitimate top top top class athlete, with the mentality and drive to match. In different circumstances would have made it as a pro in soccer. But both amateur and pro boxing and her talent are very much for real :)

I really, really admire her single mindedness

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Morning all, Nespresso time and off to battle the Atlantic, quick jump to the north of Scotland then across under Iceland , touching the southern tip of Greenland and down through Canada to a place called Bangor Maine. Almost 8 hours flying time, so got loads of movies ready as I'm the 3rd guy today, nothing for me to do apart from take photos.

Smurf, enjoy your trip, i look forward to a few photos..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Lying in bed listening to the wind and the rain. Weather outside sounds awful. Stay safe everyone!

honeybear wrote: »
    Lying in bed listening to the wind and the rain. Weather outside sounds awful. Stay safe everyone!

It's foul, not let up raining here once all night though it was light at times i guess. I started breaking down pallets to make an ark a while ago, fancy a spin?.

It's foul, not let up raining here once all night though it was light at times i guess. I started breaking down pallets to make an ark a while ago, fancy a spin?.

Not the best seafarer

Decided to have a quick look to see if there was anything weird online and found the following :pac: :D
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1105992712854085633

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just had my porridge, now some coffee and off with a great group of [runners now] C25k peeps I've been mentoring over the last eight weeks.

Its been a fantastic 8 weeks too. 8 weeks ago their first running block was only 60 seconds and they all thought they were going to die, now 8 weeks later and they're legitimate 5km runners who graduate the programme with a 5km parkrun run this morning.

Can't wait :D

Mak that's amazing, I didn't think it was possible in two months.. Well done on mentoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MsGiggles

Sofaside wishing I was dreamside.

Dogs walked. Cats fed. A day for the ducks

Jealous of your productivity!

Mak that's amazing, I didn't think it was possible in two months.. Well done on mentoring.

Cheers, thanks for that :D

Yup, just before the start of RTE's Operation Transformation there were a few people in the locality offering a couch to 5k programme ranging anything from €80-€140 ~ still not bad, you're buying someone's precious time.

But the group I run with thought 'we can do that free and advertised it on local community FB pages. We started with 29 on the first night and we're finishing with about 20.

To think today will be the furthest and fastest any of them have run in their entire lives, its fantastic.

Now more coffee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I had a kick ass night and now have a kick ass hangover and could do with a kick ass breakfast.

But all I have is special k. Am in the kitchen contemplating where it all went wrong.

I had a kick ass night and now have a kick ass hangover and could do with a kick ass breakfast.

But all I have is special k. Am in the kitchen contemplating where it all went wrong.

It all went right to be fair ! Bassy just stole all your breakfast stuff and sold them in his chip van last night !!!

One of my favourite things in the world, although I've one who won't walk. She's a lazy sod, but the other loves his car ride and walks.

The cat is funny too. As soon as my feet leave the bed and touch the floor my cat and dogs go into a mad frenzy to run downstairs for their breakfast, they've almost taken me off my feet a few times too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Getting ready to shave my head and hit the road for werk

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement