Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS student paramedic recruitment 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Donal_M1

Newgirl89 wrote: »
    Very good, was going to say double check ye will be ok with in and out and won’t have to pay for the weeks your out on placement or whatever, because there is placement week 3 and again then after the 11 weeks in class for 8 weeks
    Yeah he was all good with that. But to be honest I don't mind actually paying for one week just to retain the accommodation. One less thing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Newgirl89

Donal_M1 wrote: »
    Yeah he was all good with that. But to be honest I don't mind actually paying for one week just to retain the accommodation. One less thing to worry about.

Oh 100% I’m fairly lucky I’ll be able to commute! But even at best a hotel would be €50 a night, so saving regardless even if had to pay!

Newgirl89 wrote: »
    Oh 100% I’m fairly lucky I’ll be able to commute! But even at best a hotel would be €50 a night, so saving regardless even if had to pay!
    Absolutely, where abouts are you commuting from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CorkG86

Hey. New here, long time follower but never had an account. If my medical and references all go to plan I'll be starting down in Tullamore 25th Jan too.

Those apartments in Tullamore sound brilliant big drop from €200/€250a week for hotel. Im coming from Cork so would be ideal to find people and try and get an apartment like that.

CorkG86 wrote: »
    Hey. New here, long time follower but never had an account. If my medical and references all go to plan I'll be starting down in Tullamore 25th Jan too.

Those apartments in Tullamore sound brilliant big drop from €200/€250a week for hotel. Im coming from Cork so would be ideal to find people and try and get an apartment like that.

Well that's cool, see they are 4 double beds, 2 room apartments. So there is 2 lads and one girl in our apartment. I'm sure it'll be sound even if ya get the other apartment, we'll be next door is imagine. More the merrier for studying and everything, makes it a bit easier being away from home too.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to meeting everyone! Won’t be long now until we will all be starting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 donottroll

Not a fan of the hotel deal myself. I think the tallaght one is €55 per night. That doesn't include meals or anything. No access to fridge, freezer, kitchen etc.

Could just get a few people to rent an apartment for the same price per month and have a bit of independence I guess.

Exactly!! By time you factor in eating out etc be a big chunk of your wages gone and not to mention your bills back home.

Hopefully get a few like minded people in tullamore for an apartment

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lyonstea13

Well lads,

Due to start in tallaght on the 11th am looking forward to it!!

Got the confirmation to confirm my contract address and I’m just wondering has anyone received their contract yet? We’ve a new postman so I’m a bit paranoid 😂

Hope you’re all good can’t wait to meet you all in January ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 46 tommyharper

Lyonstea13 wrote: »
    Well lads,

Got the confirmation to confirm my contract address and I’m just wondering has anyone received their contract yet? We’ve a new postman so I’m a bit paranoid ��

They issue contracts via email, I got mine 2 days ago, your address is used for location of placements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Scoobasteve123

I'm starting tallaght on the 11th and still haven't had my contract emailed

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭NeuronalJoe

Well lads,

Got the confirmation to confirm my contract address and I’m just wondering has anyone received their contract yet? We’ve a new postman so I’m a bit paranoid 😂

Got mine via email on Wednesday, signed and returned yesterday.
    I've two weeks of unemployment after Christmas to clear the head before getting stuck into studying. Definitely looking forward to it!

Got mine via email on Wednesday, signed and returned yesterday.
    I've two weeks of unemployment after Christmas to clear the head before getting stuck into studying. Definitely looking forward to it!

Was it the recruit contracting email that sends it? do they send them all at once or in batches does anyone know??

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭NeuronalJoe

Was it the recruit contracting email that sends it? do they send them all at once or in batches does anyone know??

Yeah it was recruit contracting. They apparently flat out so I wouldn't worry at all. All the other emails seemed to follow a pattern of being sent out in batches.

Yeah it was recruit contracting. They apparently flat out so I wouldn't worry at all. All the other emails seemed to follow a pattern of being sent out in batches.

Cheers mate appreciate it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 donottroll

I had my medical in Galway today. There's a detailed questionnaire to fill in. Urine sample. Height, weight, chest and waist measurement, BP, blood test, if your BMI is over 30 there is a brief step test. The doctor told me you would need to have severe cardiovascular disease to fail it.
    The eye test, tests your peripheral, long and near vision through a visor type device, colour blindness test too, close your bad eye if its too blurred. Finished off with a hearing test, tip is look at the floor in the booth.

Best of luck!

Have to say, my medical was far from anything like this.
    It was actually pretty atrocious. Not going to make waves however.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheOriginalJ

Is there anyone still awaiting their contract and garda vetting form link.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Roxy5

Is there anyone still awaiting their contract and garda vetting form link.

Yeah I'm still waiting contract also

Roxy5 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm still waiting contract also

Awaiting vetting link

At what point do they check references? Awaiting vetting link too.

• Advertisement

At what point do they check references? Awaiting getting link too.

Could be wrong but reckon after medical....

Thanks have medical this week so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Scoobasteve123

I start on Jan 11th in Tallaght and still don't have a contract

Interesting, thought we would all get contracts around the similar time, vetting is prob back logged but we could do with getting that asap

Interesting, thought we would all get contracts around the similar time, vetting is prob back logged but we could do with getting that asap

Are you also the 11th start date? I assumed they would have issued them the same time also but obviously in seperate batches..

Are you also the 11th start date? I assumed they would have issued them the same time also but obviously in seperate batches..

Yes the 11th also, just find it unusual that all contracts were not issued within the same week at least, also vetting can be slow so we could really do with the link to complete soon

Yes the 11th also, just find it unusual that all contracts were not issued within the same week at least, also vetting can be slow so we could really do with the link to complete soon

Mmmm, no well my vetting was completed the 17th November im surprised you havnt received the link, it is a little frustrating some issued and some not..

Mmmm, no well my vetting was completed the 17th November im surprised you havnt received the link, it is a little frustrating some issued and some not..

I must check into this and see where mine is.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 tommyharper

Has anybody contacted their training college, regarding a timetable.

• Advertisement

Has anybody contacted their training college, regarding a timetable.

No do you plan on doing that ? I think they get in touch in due course

Advertisement