Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf in Dublin.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Alright lads.

Anywhere around that will let ya join in on a 2/3 ball or what not? Having issues with playing partners at the minute in that they have all emigrated, got fat/lazy or moved back to the sticks! Don't fancy trekking along on my lonesome ha!

Any meets up on the board for recreational rounds outside the main society meet ups?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Alright lads.

Anywhere around that will let ya join in on a 2/3 ball or what not? Having issues with playing partners at the minute in that they have all emigrated, got fat/lazy or moved back to the sticks! Don't fancy trekking along on my lonesome ha!

Any meets up on the board for recreational rounds outside the main society meet ups?

Have you a gui?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Have you a gui?

No mate unfortunately not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Alright lads.

This thread might help:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055461911

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

OP here is my tuppence worth. Now playing off 4 you are in a different world to me but sure anyway, here goes.

Stackstown is not a good course. Now it is probably a different game off 4 but I found every ball bounce was an unlucky one up there. I hated it, I was a member there for a year and scarcely enjoyed 1 round, now I am off generally 17-18 but up there I hit 20. If you have no car it is a no-no for me. The only selling point it has is no joining fee and no waiting list, but no waiting list or joining fee happens for a reason too....

Being honest, you will need to go on a waiting list in most courses in South Dublin. If I were you, I would consider Hollystown. It is on a bus (recently extended to there, the 40D I think) I am 99% sure, it is 27 holes (great variety, although I think there is a proposal to move it back to 18 as they sold 9 of the holes to a developer), no joining fee, 850 membership sub I think and absolutely zero pressure for tee times. Now being off 4 you would probably find it flat and boring but it is a good course of people and has a lovely vibe. It is also a flat cycle if you were still so inclined!

You should pick up a Ford Fiesta and give yourself more options! If you did, Corrstown, St. Margarets, Donabate, etc come into the reckoning. All lovely courses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement