Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

neris wrote: »
    Did he mention yer wan Mairead won it? Or is that a name not permitted in casa darcy

He did actually. Said he had a special interest on account of having worked with Mairead. I think he said he voted for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,174 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Cue some new job bring created for Mairead now on Rte, cos she's such a top celeb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

16 eh's and em's in the first 5 minutes.

I actually counted. (Sad i know )

This guy is employed as a broadcaster and sounds like an imbecile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

I tell you what's important Ray, you keeping your nose out of other people's f**king business. Do what you want with your own organs, and let people decide what they want to do with theirs. And I wouldn't listen to anything that mealy mouthed self promoter Mark Daly has to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Have we the option not to donate our organs Ray?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

sligojoek wrote: »
    He did actually. Said he had a special interest on account of having worked with Mairead. I think he said he voted for her.

He said she was a "friend"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

That's an interesting app. First intelligent thing he's come up with in years.

Radio for insomniacs, literally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

At least he can pronounce insomnia, not like Ciara Kelly, she says IN SOM, then raises voice, KNEE AA.

I think she may have had this expert on today, she had a topic on insomnia but once I heard her horrid voice I turned her off.

More misery. I'm out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Uncharted wrote: »
    16 eh's and em's in the first 5 minutes.

I actually counted. (Sad i know )

Try listening to Moncrieff. He can't even give out the email address without giving 3 or 4 ehhhs and umms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭goochy

thats why i listen to Ray - not much alternatives - moncrieff or music

• Registered Users Posts: 20,045 ✭✭✭✭neris

goochy wrote: »
    thats why i listen to Ray - not much alternatives - moncrieff or music

Silence is wonderful or podcasts

More alcohol bashing.

Jesus, he's been doing this perfect cuppa tea thing since he started in Today FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,587 ✭✭✭giveitholly

sligojoek wrote: »
    More alcohol bashing.

Jesus, he's been doing this perfect cuppa tea thing since he started in Today FM.

And religion bashing after that

It was islam. His heart wasn't in it. If that was the RC church he'd have given it 10 mins.

tbf, I don't mind anyone bashing religion, it deserves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Michael joseph

Just turned on the radio there again

he's still talking about making tea, has someone on now to talk about tit

radio off

bit of music for the afternoon instead

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭amlinopta

TV show getting axed 2 months early after tomorrow. Will he be taking a pay cut?

amlinopta wrote: »
    TV show getting axed 2 months early after tomorrow. Will he be taking a pay cut?

Don't be daft.

Its RTE ffs.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    tbf, I don't mind anyone bashing religion, it deserves it.

I don't care as long as they bash all religions equally. Not the RTE jump on the Catholic bashing bandwagon, but turn a blind eye to Islam type of reporting.

he only moved to RTE for the tv show - if thats scrapped and he gets wage cut it means he should never have moved to the station. He should have known himself he is not suited to a talk show - hes been found out - if only the same thing happened on radio.
    thing is you could put anyone on Rte radio 1 from 3.00 to 4.30pm and people would listen in big numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,045 ✭✭✭✭neris

NIMAN wrote: »
    Don't be daft.

Its RTE ffs.:rolleyes:

more likely knowing that shower that he,ll get a payrise or pay off for the show being axed early

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Another break. Before the upcoming Easter break. And Saturday’s off now as well. Builders holidays for these lads

Just as Ray was sounding like a man and was saying he was doing manly things , he goes and says hes only joking incase he offends someone - was jenny in front of him making faces or something ?
    funny he doesnt apologise when insulting the church.

Ray has a problem with all the anti-vax people. And him now sponsored by a pharmacy. No conflict of interest there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dunleaej

Ray has a problem with all the anti-vax people. And him now sponsored by a pharmacy. No conflict of interest there.

damn right to have a problem with the anti-vax people. He's allowed have an opinion. Ray's getting better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭tampopo

He finished the interview with the Facebook moderator nice and early. Conor Pope comes in, he takes a break just before 4...then asks a new,fresh question after that. Isn't there news and sport today?

Edit: there is. Just four minutes late. why am I surprised?

Womans about letters / e mails not being read out - Ray says his team are trying to protect him and how nice it is of them - These guy never seizes to amaze me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Anyone with a brain has problems with anti-vaxxers.

Modern day snakeoil salesmen.

Advertisement