Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

leave any sexist comments at the door before you think about posting in this Forum again.

leave any sexist comments at the door before you think about posting in this Forum again.

Just a query- what's a sexist comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dunleaej

TCM wrote: »

Pushin the boat there TCM!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Elanor Shanley. What? What?
    Sorry. Elanor McEvoy.

Worth every penny

Use common sense.

Any questions, PM myself or another mod. This thread is for Ray D'Arcy discussion only.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I dunno either. Whatever it is, it's highly subjective. Things have gone so PC nowadays that men need to self censor. Women on the other hand can be highly critical of men and we're expected to just listen.

Usually I'd raise an eyebrow at Ray but leave him on as matters of interest do arise. But heard quite enough by the time he got going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

dunleaej wrote: »
    Poor aul Ray gets dogs abuse in here.

I just hope that he didn't mess up reading Frau Jenny's monologue at the start of the show, or the abuse at home will be worse.

A litany of ads to start off with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I wonder will Ray ask Pauline Mcglynn about her time on Shameless...

RTE's pet, Hozier.

Almost done Ray with the Government propoganda, just remind the audience that anybody who has suspicions that their children were damaged by the vaccine are emotional terrorists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Michael joseph

Bloody yank, can't listen to him

• Registered Users Posts: 54,606 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Bloody yank, can't listen to him

What a drama queen!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭goochy

cant stand Pauline , everything thats bad about thespians - there was an incident in a pub near the Abbey where one of her thespian friends spilled a drink on my friends jacket - lets just say shes annoying on radio / tv and doesnt seem very nice in real life.

I just hope that he didn't mess up reading Frau Jenny's monologue at the start of the show, or the abuse at home will be worse.
    Jeremy, this sexist schtick is getting a little tiresome. It's 2019 and people are now allowed to respect their wives as equals, without being lampooned as sissies, or as hen-pecked. Can you cut it out? Criticise D'arcy all you want - most of us do - but leave out the jibes about how manly you think he isn't.

Jeremy, this sexist schtick is getting a little tiresome. It's 2019 and people are now allowed to respect their wives as equals, without being lampooned as sissies, or as hen-pecked.

If he continues to be apologetic for being a man, and continues to be a terrible role model for young men, then he's fair game. It's 2019 and we're meant to be equals, we're not meant to be subservient.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Almost done Ray with the Government propoganda, just remind the audience that anybody who has suspicions that their children were damaged by the vaccine are emotional terrorists.

In the vast majority of cases it has nothing to do with the vaccine. No vaccine is 100% safe of course (nothing is, really), but a lot of these so-called vaccine injuries are mixing up correlation with causation.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

Jeremy, this sexist schtick is getting a little tiresome. It's 2019 and people are now allowed to respect their wives as equals, without being lampooned as sissies, or as hen-pecked. Can you cut it out? Criticise D'arcy all you want - most of us do - but leave out the jibes about how manly you think he isn't.

Jeremy is correct. Ray is the one constantly discussing gender and criticising males for everything. I'm sure if he didn't continually bang on about gender and pit men against women then posters on boards wouldn't either.

Goochy (whose post has been deleted) has been banned from the Forum for one week, after discussing moderation in the thread, after having been asked not to.

Guys, the appropriate place to dicuss moderation is via PM with a moderator. If anyone *consistently* breaches the Forum Charter on this rule or another rule, it will result in a significant ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

This anti gambling assole airing two races from Cheltenham then goes on a rant about addiction
    Hypocrite

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭kazamo

Does my voice sound different. I'm in a smaller studio because of Cheltenham.
    We'll be interrupting our program because of Cheltenham
    Do you have a gambling addiction, is this week especially difficult for you.

Ray not happy about something

• Advertisement

Straight in with the anti-Cheltenham propaganda. Get over it Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Unusual for a little Kildare jockey to not be into horse racing

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

straight from a break to the race

such a child

at least with Mooney it was a bit of craic during the festival

Somebody needs their ar$e kicked there. Why wasn't that interview curtailed?

Why did he have to move studio when they're just cutting to the audio from C-ham? No discussion before or after the race. He should just take the week off and give the show to Mooney or even Brenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

some nice wholesome GAA to distract us from the bold horse racing

straight from a break to the race

such a child

at least with Mooney it was a bit of craic during the festival
    Bad state of affairs when Mooney is better craic than his replacement.

I'd suffer Brenda Donoghue at thís rate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Ray 'em' Darcy 'em'.

Em em em em.

What's up with the speech impediment?
    Is it put on?

For a man that tells us to respect women more he should practice what he preaches. Butting in and talking all over that GAA woman. I'd say he's worse than Joe Duffy but he's not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

sligojoek wrote: »
    Why did he have to move studio when they're just cutting to the audio from C-ham? No discussion before or after the race. He should just take the week off and give the show to Mooney or even Brenda.

Wash your mouth out with soap and Garavogue water...

Advertisement