Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Anyone know of any motor factors or breakers that will open before Jan 4th? All look to be closed until then. James Bond Junior....I'm looking at you here even though you're located a million miles away :pac:
    What exactly are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Did u try the Polish shops ???

I did Jimmy. Mask wearing style was unusual. Got the cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

I've noticed that the Polish shops don't seem to sell alcohol (or at least the ones I've been into). I guess they can't get licences.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

YFlyer wrote: »
    REDD'S PAPAJA I LIMONKA

Anyone know where you can buy cans of this drink?

Just out of interest are they worth a try?

Just out of interest are they worth a try?

Yes have this tangy lemon taste. Not too sweet. Easy to drink.

Bought 4 cans in the Polish shop at Roxbough shopping centre.

• Advertisement

Louche Lad wrote: »
    I've noticed that the Polish shops don't seem to sell alcohol (or at least the ones I've been into). I guess they can't get licences.

Polish shop at Roxbough shopping centre sell all sorts of alcohol drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Happy New Year to all the Limerick Boardsies :)

Anyone know if any shops be open tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

YFlyer wrote: »
    Anyone know if any shops be open tomorrow?
    dont know new yrs day is like xmas day i think limited but after that only food shops then i think

Lads does anyone know if any of them clothes banks are being emptied or are they still all full.??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Anyone know of any motor factors or breakers that will open before Jan 4th? All look to be closed until then. James Bond Junior....I'm looking at you here even though you're located a million miles away :pac:

Limerick Brakes on

are open tomorrow Saturday. They may have reduced hours so you may need to ring. Snip
    They have been open a few days since Christmas too.
    Sound chaps working in there, very helpful.

I've deleted the address too just to make it more challenging for the person that was seeking help...
    Happy with that.?

Not sure when they are open.. ��

Edit: Checked for you, 29th.
    chicorytip wrote: »
    What exactly are you looking for?
    washman3 wrote: »
    Limerick Brakes on

are open tomorrow Saturday. They may have reduced hours so you may need to ring. Snip
    They have been open a few days since Christmas too.
    Sound chaps working in there, very helpful.

I've deleted the address too just to make it more challenging for the person that was seeking help...
    Happy with that.?

Got sorted in the end lads. Alternator decided enough was enough Stephens night. Was considering a replacement altogether but got hold of a new set of brushes off a buddy so decided to take a gamble and get the hands dirty. A bit of arsing about under the bonnet, a small bit of soldering and a lot of swearing later and I'm back in business. Thanks and happy new year to ye and the rest of the Limerick crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Lads does anyone know if any of them clothes banks are being emptied or are they still all full.??

There a little used clothes bank in Garryowen rugby club. Up the back behind the clubhouse there’s a yellow container for clothes.

Sshhh, don’t tell anyone else.

There a little used clothes bank in Garryowen rugby club. Up the back behind the clubhouse there’s a yellow container for clothes.

Sshhh, don’t tell anyone else.

Thanks But @ this stage i say everyone is overflowing.bags left everywhere @ the ones I have passed. Could badly do with emptying bottle banks as well.as they are becoming quite full as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

An elderly woman was mugged in Jetland underground carpark at 11am yesterday apparently. Just mentioning it so people will be careful in case they attempt something like that again.

le_girl wrote:
    An elderly woman was mugged in Jetland underground carpark at 11am yesterday apparently. Just mentioning it so people will be careful in case they attempt something like that again.

FFS that's desperate

• Registered Users Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any clue what all the ambulances and squad cars out in Raheen and Fr. Russell Rd tonight are doing?

Thargor wrote: »
    Any clue what all the ambulances and squad cars out in Raheen and Fr. Russell Rd tonight are doing?
    it was all quite when i passed around 22.15

Folks, received my 2 copies of our Insect Overlords book yesterday one for my dad who is 89 and loves poetry and one for myself.

Bearing in mind that i am thick, uneducated and ignoraant i am about a quarter of the way through the book particularly like Vandals and a Letter to a friend.

Strange thing is for all Ardscoil Ris past puplis when you start to read these poems, i was immediately brough back to Dicey and Bobby's classes !

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'll have to get cracking on a sequel! :eek: Delighted to hear people are enjoying it. One of my first ever posts on Boards ended up in there, but it changed a lot since the early draft.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055013760/1/#post52332874

Now to go look back on my early posts in this forum. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I'll have to get cracking on a sequel! :eek: Delighted to hear people are enjoying it. One of my first ever posts on Boards ended up in there, but it changed a lot since the early draft.

Whats the book called?

Inside Out on the Limerick Writers Centre website

Call the Sequel right way round ;):p:p:p

Have the shops been restocked?
    Last time out there was it a chicken breast to be had. No fruit or veg either.
    Don’t want to make a wasted journey as I’d have to get lumps of ice from the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭thatsmighty

Are waffles similar to pancakes?

Have the shops been restocked?
    Last time out there was it a chicken breast to be had. No fruit or veg either.
    Don’t want to make a wasted journey as I’d have to get lumps of ice from the car.
    its always that way xmas to new years day with deliveries no one wants to work/ or places are closed. should be nearly all back to normal now.

Are waffles similar to pancakes?

Thats a really good question and very important.

Its mostly the shape is different pancakes tend to be round while waffles are square and gridlike both made from batter mix unless you like potato waffles but thats a different thread altogether.

I like to put maple syprup on both but and here is the main thing nothing beats how maple syrup pools in those squares on the waffles.

Nom nom.

If you want good waffles in Limerick you just need to get the monorail to the waffle district thats the third stop after the fashion district anchored by M&S but if you miss your stop you will end up at the culture quarter and you really dont want to go there full of hippy types............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

kilburn wrote: »
    Thats a really good question and very important.

Its mostly the shape is different pancakes tend to be round while waffles are square and gridlike both made from batter mix unless you like potato waffles but thats a different thread altogether.

I like to put maple syprup on both but and here is the main thing nothing beats how maple syrup pools in those squares on the waffles.

Nom nom.

If you want good waffles in Limerick you just need to get the monorail to the waffle district thats the third stop after the fashion district anchored by M&S but if you miss your stop you will end up at the culture quarter and you really dont want to go there full of hippy types............

I hear if your unlucky in the culture quarter an unknown boardsie will put down a milk crate in your path..stand on it and read poetry allowed.

Also the monorail is running at 25% capacity due to covid-19 and M&S is only open for click and collect for jocks and socks for those too good to shop in pennys.

its always that way xmas to new years day with deliveries no one wants to work/ or places are closed. should be nearly all back to normal now.

Shops have food again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Jesus Christ we're giving New Delhi and Beijing a run for their money in the air pollution stakes the last 2 nights, actual reduced visibility the smog is that thick, you can smell the rubbish being burned in fireplaces not wood or coal aswell, unmistakable smell.

Advertisement