Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

My point is that Gemma linked to a story about a doctor (allegedly) being willing to break a baby's neck.
    There is nothing 'crazy' about objecting to this.

The source of the story does not interest me as we know that this type of thing does indeed happen IE Dr Kermit Gosnell.
    So again there is nothing whatsoever 'crazy' about objecting to the deliberate breaking of a baby's neck.

Can we just confirm that the official policy for failed abortions IS NOT BREAKING THE BABY'S NECK!!

I'm not specifically pro choice or anything but this type of rubbish needs to be stated.

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1101569795860975617

Not quite sure how to copy the tweet over like above. Now she's accusing Leo of descending into madness.....

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭aloneforever99

What's crazy about it?

If the allegation in the link is true (not saying it is) then most rational humans would consider breaking a living baby's neck to be 'crazy'
    It's not as far fetched as you may think.
    Have you heard of Kermit Gosnell?

Okay, I'll bite.

Did you click the link? No doctor is quoted. An unnamed patient is quoted as quoting a doctor. On a random website called endoftheamericandream.com. Are you beginning to see why we're not taking this seriously?

Now, aside from that. The question this anonymous patient asked was what would happen a baby born alive at 22 weeks. While it's extremely unlikely any baby could survive at 22 weeks, the doctor would have legal and ethical obligations to do everything in their power to keep that baby alive.

There is nowhere in America where it is in any way legal to break a living baby's neck. There is no evidence of it happening.

That's why we call Gemma a crazy person for propagating these lies from conspiracy websites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Auntie Semite

Okay, I'll bite.

Did you click the link? No doctor is quoted. An unnamed patient is quoted as quoting a doctor. On a random website called endoftheamericandream.com. Are you beginning to see why we're not taking this seriously?

Now, aside from that. The question this anonymous patient asked was what would happen a baby born alive at 22 weeks. While it's extremely unlikely any baby could survive at 22 weeks, the doctor would have legal and ethical obligations to do everything in their power to keep that baby alive.

There is nowhere in America where it is in any way legal to break a living baby's neck. There is no evidence of it happening.

That's why we call Gemma a crazy person for propagating these lies from conspiracy websites.

I stated in the comment that I was not saying that the allegation was true. Any Internet search does say the allegation comes from an 'unnamed source' which obviously means the story is completely unprovable.
    However as I said this type of allegation is far from a fantasy. The case of Dr Kermit Gosnell is one example of the deliberate murder of living babies. So these kind of things do happen.
    It is neither crazy to suggest that this happens nor it is it crazy to object to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

I stated in the comment that I was not saying that the allegation was true. Any Internet search does say the allegation comes from an 'unnamed source' which obviously means the story is completely unprovable.
    However as I said this type of allegation is far from a fantasy. The case of Dr Kermit Gosnell is one example of the deliberate murder of living babies. So these kind of things do happen.
    It is neither crazy to suggest that this happens nor it is it crazy to object to it.

It is crazy to say that it's state policy and to imply its legal. So stop trying to be a devil's advocate of stupidity.

• Advertisement

You know who you should put these concerns to? Ob/Gynae Consultants working in the maternity hospitals in Ireland. Could you let me know when you're going to do it? It'd be nice to watch.

You're defending an extremely outlandish allegation. Particularly the extrapolation on the made up story, that it's also going to happen here in Ireland.

You're defending an extremely outlandish allegation. Particularly the extrapolation on the made up story, that it's also going to happen here in Ireland.

I admit that her assertion that doctors will break babies necks in Ireland is nothing but speculation without any basis in fact. She doesn't know this and should not make this claim.
    But the claim that it happens elsewhere is not outlandish as it has in fact happened already.

batgoat wrote: »
    Kermit Gosnell was breaking the law. Harold Shipman also existed. Does that make all of medicine bad?

I never stated that all medicine was bad.

john4321 wrote: »
    I won't be debating anything with someone using a username like yours.

Fair enough, it is a joke name though.

• Advertisement

I admit that her assertion that doctors will break babies necks in Ireland is nothing but speculation without any basis in fact. She doesn't know this and should not make this claim.
    But the claim that it happens elsewhere is not outlandish as it has in fact happened already.

It has never, ever been state policy anywhere in the US to break a healthy, living baby's neck. That's what Gemma is claiming and it's not true.

PhoneMain wrote: »
    Can we just confirm that the official policy for failed abortions IS NOT BREAKING THE BABY'S NECK!!

I'm not specifically pro choice or anything but this type of rubbish needs to be stated.

What is the official policy though?
    I'm open to correction but I believe it is that the doctor can leave the baby to die on the operating table if they wish, and that there is no requirement for palliative care or any type of pain relief. This in itself (if true) is utterly barbaric.

It has never, ever been state policy anywhere in the US to break a healthy, living baby's neck. That's what Gemma is claiming and it's not true.

She claimed that one doctor stated that he would usually break the baby's neck, not that it was official policy.

She claimed that one doctor stated that he would usually break the baby's neck, not that it was official policy.

Did you actually read the article she posted?

The root of Gemmas concerns (and mine and many others) is the belief that the state has plans to sell the body parts of abortion victims. (or foetus if that's what you believe)
    The body part industry is a massive and extremely lucrative business.

Kate O Connell recently erupted with righteous indignation over the idea that the remains of abortion procedures be given respectful burials or cremations. Her position was that it would cause the Mother undue distress. But I believe the real reason for her indignation was that the state has plans to sell the body parts.
    Of course I have no proof of this yet but if it is the case then the truth probably emerge it will be very difficult to hide.
    If it is not the case then I will hold my hands up and admit I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭Odhinn

The root of Gemmas concerns (and mine and many others) is the belief that the state has plans to sell the body parts of abortion victims. (or foetus if that's what you believe)

Kate O Connell recently erupted with righteous indignation over the idea that the remains of abortion procedures be given respectful burials or cremations. Her position was that it would cause the Mother undue distress. But I believe the real reason for her indignation was that the state has plans to sell the body parts.
    Of course I have no proof of this yet but if it is the case then the truth probably emerge it will be very difficult to hide.

And neither do they. So why are you repeating an entirely baseless belief?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Why should anyone take her concerns seriously?
    Given she’s nuttier than a squirrel latrine, any topic no matter how valid will be ignored.

Did you actually read the article she posted?

Yes I did, planned parenthood is a private organisation, they may receive a portion of funding from the state but their policies are not official federal state policies.

Okay, you're a conspiracy theorist. Makes much more sense.

No, there is no lucrative business in pre-natal organs, which are not in any way developed enough to transplant or use for whatever mad scientist plot you're cooking up in your head.
    Kate O Connell recently erupted with righteous indignation over the idea that the remains of abortion procedures be given respectful burials or cremations. Her position was that it would cause the Mother undue distress.

When a woman miscarries, we don't bury or cremate the remains. For the most part, there won't be any remains. It's a heavy period.
    But I believe the real reason for her indignation was that the state has plans to sell the body parts.

Of course you have no evidence for it, it's a completely bizarre crackpot theory.

I love this attempt to seem reasonable as you propagate completely insane stories with no basis.

Odhinn wrote: »
    And neither do they. So why are you repeating an entirely baseless belief?

People speculate about and predict the future direction of government policy all the time. It is entirely normal to do so.

• Advertisement

People speculate about and predict the future direction of government policy all the time. It is entirely normal to do so.

Yes, but people usually speculate rationally and using facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

No, there is no lucrative business in pre-natal organs, which are not in any way developed enough to transplant or use for whatever mad scientist plot you're cooking up in your head.

When a woman miscarries, we don't bury or cremate the remains. For the most part, there won't be any remains. It's a heavy period.

Of course you have no evidence for it, it's a completely bizarre crackpot theory.

I love this attempt to seem reasonable as you propagate completely insane stories with no basis.

I thought the pedo overlords use the parts to make adrenochrome.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/themikerothschild.com/2018/07/09/adrenochrome-qanon/amp/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭Sajid Javid

It could be the tea bags if not it could be the tea baggers

Worth remembering that Auntie believes that QAnon and Pizzagate was credible at one point, as much of a conspiracy theorist at Gemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,687 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Fair enough, it is a joke name though.

Strange sense of humour.

Nothing conspiratorial about it at all..
    Links below

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2015/07/17/health/fetal-tissue-explainer/index.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna913051

https://www.vox.com/2015/7/14/8964513/planned-parenthood-aborted-fetuses

batgoat wrote: »
    Worth remembering that Auntie believes that QAnon and Pizzagate was credible at one point, as much of a conspiracy theorist at Gemma.

I have never once mentioned the word Pizzagate nor have I made any reference to it and I clearly stated that I believed Q Anon at the very beginning and soon after realised it was a hoax.
    Your misrepresentation of my posts in fact damages your own credibility in my eyes.

I have never once mentioned the word Pizzagate nor have I made any reference to it and I clearly stated that I believed Q Anon at the very beginning and soon after realised it was a hoax.
    Your misrepresentation of my posts in fact damages your own credibility in my eyes.

Okay, so you just thought QAnon was credible... You should probably be more concerned about your own credibility.

Will you ever shut the fock up about stuff you don't now about. The vast majority of abortions will be performed at less than 12 weeks using 2 sets of tablets given to the mother and the mother will go home to perform the task.

This rubbish about the state selling body parts is absolute excrement.

• Advertisement

You realise those links discuss the ethics of using foetal material with consent for medical research? Not governments stealing and selling foetuses to the highest bidder.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement