Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super easy & quick vanilla cake - a Werewolf recipe

Options

Comments

#FFA1 in no particular order

QB
    Duffman
    Kolido - right now only in because they asked for FFAs twice without actually just going for it and submitting their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

quickbeam wrote: »
    I had a pretty strong villager vibe about Strawbs this morning. Which was in response to Kolido's post shortly before mine.

Since then though I'm far less strong. Others have brought up good points. And whether innocent or not, the conversation she had with Kitten about the seer just before munch does ring alarm bells, just as her bios are too, and a few other things such as her suspicion of Drumpot after just two posts. So yeah, Strawbs will go in my "suspicious" pile, but I'm not outright calling her an evil yet.

Virt's post accusing Trit was odd. The basics of his theory were sound (Kitten hinting to Molly that she (Molly) was on the right track in her accusations), as far as things went as he wasn't to know I woldn't have peeked evil. Except it does seem highly improbable that he'd have missed out Molly's strongest accusation and gone for Trit as the evil in that case. However, as Virt himself says, I can't see a possible reason why an evil would make that point and deliberately point the finger at the obviously wrong person.

I like you, SK, you're playing like a villager. Trit is kinda neutral. I've a few niggly things that I can't quite put my finger on though with him which probably require an ISO to sort out in my head. I got nothing on Kolido. And Duffers hasn't posted enough to give me a reading any way.

I'm less strong about Molly than I was, but at the moment she's still my strongest candidate. If we could do take backsies I'd have cast my vote for her already as a placeholder, but as we can't I'm not prepared to make that commitment this early in the day yet.

Making up fake players is not going to help the village

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Gah!! Duffman, not Drumpot :(

It's Gabriel / Gertrude all over again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I had a pretty strong villager vibe about Strawbs this morning. Which was in response to Kolido's post shortly before mine.

Since then though I'm far less strong. Others have brought up good points. And whether innocent or not, the conversation she had with Kitten about the seer just before munch does ring alarm bells, just as her bios are too, and a few other things such as her suspicion of Drumpot after just two posts. So yeah, Strawbs will go in my "suspicious" pile, but I'm not outright calling her an evil yet.

Virt's post accusing Trit was odd. The basics of his theory were sound (Kitten hinting to Molly that she (Molly) was on the right track in her accusations), as far as things went as he wasn't to know I woldn't have peeked evil. Except it does seem highly improbable that he'd have missed out Molly's strongest accusation and gone for Trit as the evil in that case. However, as Virt himself says, I can't see a possible reason why an evil would make that point and deliberately point the finger at the obviously wrong person.

I like you, SK, you're playing like a villager. Trit is kinda neutral. I've a few niggly things that I can't quite put my finger on though with him which probably require an ISO to sort out in my head. I got nothing on Kolido. And Duffers hasn't posted enough to give me a reading any way.

I'm less strong about Molly than I was, but at the moment she's still my strongest candidate. If we could do take backsies I'd have cast my vote for her already as a placeholder, but as we can't I'm not prepared to make that commitment this early in the day yet.

Trying to get my head around the suspicion of drumpot. 2 poster hints at kolido. but nobody was suspicios of kolido b4 me.

• Advertisement

Virtanen wrote: »
    How on Earth do you think I answered those questions with that follow-up observation?

I normally feel that a sentence starting with 'because' is in answer to a question.

sKeith wrote: »
    I normally tell people, don't answer questions meant for others.

But this is beyond that, you ask me questions then answer them yourself, what's the point, why bother asking the questions if you don't want them answered?

That’s not entirely true. I put an IF they were a wolf ending to 3 of my bios - Virt, Trit & Kolido. Meaning something about them is boggling me.

Trying to get my head around the suspicion of drumpot. 2 poster hints at kolido. but nobody was suspicios of kolido b4 me.

For the record I was in bed last night when the game started and had a busy day at work. Will be more active this evening hopefully.

That’s not entirely true. I put an IF they were a wolf ending to 3 of my bios - Virt, Trit & Kolido. Meaning something about them is boggling me.

Niggling but boggling will do fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I normally feel that a sentence starting with 'because' is in answer to a question.

Well in this case it wasn't, so any chance you have to answers those questions would be appreciated

• Advertisement

Virtanen wrote: »
    Well in this case it wasn't, so any chance you have to answers those questions would be appreciated

I'm curious sKeith, did you not see my village read and FFA, or did you not include it on purpose? And if the latter, why?

So, your question relates to my post #163

Your reads and FFAs where at #143

so, yeah, i would have read #143 before posting #163
    Why is there an or here and not just two questions?
    does the answer of one assume some sort of answer to the 2nd for you?
    are you leading anywhere with this?

did you not include it on purpose?
    No, i was grabbing up what i found and I said, Anyone want to add to my summary.

And if the latter, why?
    it wasn't the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

So you're saying you did read it but forgot about it? I know I can't say much given my misreading of Kitten's post earlier this morning, so I'll have to take your word on that like you have to take mine, but it does raise suspicion

I would read your post as accusing me and Kolido of being wolves, and that the follow-up information you were looking for was to add to that conclusion. Obviously I wasn't going to add to a theory that was pointing in my direction, and I assumed you would have added mine in yourself anyway, hence my suspicion as to why you excluded it

As for this:
    Why is there an or here and not just two questions?
    does the answer of one assume some sort of answer to the 2nd for you?
    are you leading anywhere with this?

Because it's an either/or question? You either excluded it on purpose, or you didn't

And yeah, if the answer to one is yes, then the answer other is no, so the answer to one does assume the answer to the other

Is it leading anywhere? Yes, it gives me a better reading of whether you're a wolf or not by looking at how you answer my questions. Isn't that what we're supposed to be doing?

I said I'd ISO Tritium...
    tritium wrote: »
    Evening all.

Evening quick

Evening Mollywolf

Other wolf still to post so?

Quick to point the finger at Molly. Shaking trees I expect.
    Loving the cake recipe.....

.... needs more Johnnie Walker though

Fluff, but anything marked fluff that was Day 0 I would categorise as "acceptable fluff" as D0 is often more messing than playing.
    But I thought we were supposed to lynch wolves mollywolf?

Second accusation at Molly.
    Don’t you need to post a gif with that Pter?

Fluff
    Quick, Lynch the mod!

EZ game :pac:

Fluff
    What good would power actually be if you didn’t abuse it though?

Fluff
    Hey, you tell me, you’re the wolf after all Mollywolf

Third accusation of Molly.
    Oh wow! You should change your boards name to Mollywolf b60

Fourth accusation of Molly. Actually it's starting to surprise me that she started arguing to much with me considering that it was Trit that was really putting the heavy accusations at her.
    Hmm not sure I agree on two wolves in the first four posters

First gamey post. Actually putting in an opinion on something, rather than posting fluff or wild accusations. Didn't follow up with reasons why he didn't agree, or propose where else wolves might be posting though.
    Kolido kitten strawberry and duff need to be active today. With small numbers village can’t afford to be wasting time worrying about low posters. So far we’ve nothing read them on

Truth, but ironic considering the lack of substance to his posts thus far.
    Virt that’s a really interesting connection you’ve made. One might actually say it’s stretching (largely because it’s welll...stretching. Care to explain how you got to me in those quotes? Cause if I wanted to call it specific phrasing it would be a different player I’d say was peeked. Right now it’s not a good look for you with me since you seem to be trying to lead us on to something that frankly just isn’t there

Now, getting to the meaty stuff. Very correctly calls Virt out on his conclusion to his theory.
    Strawbs, this bothers me. You know this game well, but you ask this. It feels very much like you’re looking to get a seer reaction

Which you get, and then kitten dies at munch. It feels very much like cause and effect wolfshake

Im going to go further - I think based on kittens interactions with molly she was pointing her as a peeked wolf

You of course are part of that first five. Then there’s this one....

That just seems too blatant from a seer to not say wolf.

So if we’re doing ffa today (and we should) I’m calling it as

#ffa1

1. Wolfshake
    2. Mollywolf

Though I disagreed with his assessment on Strawbs, he is at least putting forward arguments to support his accusation. And I agreed with his assessment on Molly. I think this post though is where my first niggles on him come about, but maybe it's for personal reasons. I had quoted Kitten's exact same post with the suggestion that she was hinting that Molly was a wolf. But he posted it above like he was the first to spot it. It didn't sit well with me, but he could genuinely have missed my saying it first, or had seen it but felt no need to reference it.
    Wolfshake, can you explain this comment please- why specifically did you think kitten was a wolf

Fair question.
    Interesting thought process. Let’s play it out for a second. If for example you were a wolf and we follow this chain of thought then the likely endgame is you’ve set up two mislynches here to win the game.giventhat, if molly flipped village why wouldn’t the right play be to look at you?

Examining me on my assertion that if I was a wolf, I'd have two potential villagers lined up for lynching. It's a fair question, considering he can't know that I'm not a wolf.
    How exactly would asking how the seer works make anyone think you were the seer? Genuine question

Fair question.
    What bandwagon exactly?

Kitten had one post last night, two this morning before her reply to you. Apart from that her posts are basically a convo with you on the seer. Far as I can see the most helpful element was for the wolves, which keeps bringing me back to you raising the topic.

Fair question and it was around this time I was feeling less convinced of my own lean on Strawbs being villager.
    Umm it’s a bit difficult to read the following two posts and agree with you on this. It’s very hard not to read them as an either/ or.

Fair question, again to me. I can see his why he was confused. I answered him and he never replied, so I presume he was happy with / accepted my answer.
    Seems to be a few posters doing all the posting. We need village to post more please.

Ffas with reasons would also be appreciated

Fair.
    Strawbs did you ever answer this?

Following up on Strawbs' accusation of Duffman.

So, in conclusion, I don't really see anything wolfy.

So far...

This is a good response. Not just because she no longer thinks I'm a wolf, but the second paragraph more-so and why I'm slightly less sure of her being a wolf than I was this morning.
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Not a lot actually. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I've never tried it before and thought I'd take a chance here. Also I thought a strong accusation might make people think I was the seer. That clearly didn't work as I wasn't munched which leads me towards you not being wolfy.

Look guys you can afford a mislynch today so if you need to lynch me then fine. You just gotta have other options for when I come back as nrv. At least at that point you'll be down 2 villagers and will only have 7 to look at. I've not got many reads today and I don't think we're gonna get much but I do think that Trit not acknowledging keith last night with his first post was suss. Seemed a bit obvious. Is obvious wolf that obvious? I dunno. So maybe keith and trit for my FFA#1.

Hadn't noticed it, but yeah, doing Trit's ISO there, it was you (as wolf) and me (as villager) that he acknowledged only, and not anyone else that had posted up to then. Though this is your only mention of it. Why haven't you pressed him about his reasons for that?

#FFA1 in no particular order

QB
    Duffman
    Kolido - right now only in because they asked for FFAs twice without actually just going for it and submitting their own.

Why me, exactly? This is your bio of me, which concludes with slight wolf lean, but nothing preceding actually backs up the conclusion. I clarified a few points you made also (the bolded ones, with my replies below too, in case you missed them).
    QUICKBEAM - first poster and first three posts in succession. 3rd one asking about seer and also lynch/munch times that are clearly in OP. Pter, in a later post, says OP updated. Were times added in then?
    Mentions seer again.
    Thinks Keith has “nice spot” over Keith’s double negative.
    Still battling with Molly this morning.
    Thinks it’s a safe assumption that wolf in 1st 5 posters.
    Posted 1st after munch (me second everyone else silent). 2 mins later pulls a kitten post with Molly in it. These 2 can’t be a team, surely?
    Still on Molly.
    Has good vibes off me.
    Replies to Trit about Virts post thinking she, QB, would have been peeked. Why would she think that? I don’t get this. Thinks it’s telling that Virt got Trit out of list.
    QB not sure I’m wolf but Molly is.

Conclusion - a null leaning to wolf read
    Times if lynch and munch were part of Pter’s edit. It was not in it previously. And I thought it was a live game planned, hence my original question.
    Didn’t say I thought I was peeked.

I said that if Virt’s theory was right, that Kitten’s response to Molly was a hint that Molly was on the right lines, then it would more likely refer to a peek on be being evil than a peek on Trit being evil. I knew I’d not peek evil therefore dismissed Virt’s theory.

Four FFAs in, if you count my piss poor one-name FFA in post 119.

Kolido, Keith, Molly, Duffman still to provide.

We only doing two in our FFAs, as there's only two wolves? I don't see an issue with naming three, as it's still our three best guesses even if we evidently can't be right about them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

This is a good response. Not just because she no longer thinks I'm a wolf, but the second paragraph more-so and why I'm slightly less sure of her being a wolf than I was this morning.

Hadn't noticed it, but yeah, doing Trit's ISO there, it was you (as wolf) and me (as villager) that he acknowledged only, and not anyone else that had posted up to then. Though this is your only mention of it. Why haven't you pressed him about his reasons for that?

Coz I'm lazy? Really, no one else seemed to pick up on it so I thought maybe I was reading too much into it. Maybe he just didn't see keith or thought that his comment on keith's fun jonnie walker post would be better. I dunno. It just stuck out for me which is why I questioned it. When he didn't answer I forgot about it till today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Not a lot actually. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I've never tried it before and thought I'd take a chance here. Also I thought a strong accusation might make people think I was the seer. That clearly didn't work as I wasn't munched which leads me towards you not being wolfy.

Look guys you can afford a mislynch today so if you need to lynch me then fine. You just gotta have other options for when I come back as nrv. At least at that point you'll be down 2 villagers and will only have 7 to look at. I've not got many reads today and I don't think we're gonna get much but I do think that Trit not acknowledging keith last night with his first post was suss. Seemed a bit obvious. Is obvious wolf that obvious? I dunno. So maybe keith and trit for my FFA#1.
    Four FFAs in, if you count my piss poor one-name FFA in post 119.

Kolido, Keith, Molly, Duffman still to provide.

Uhh.......you quoted my post with my FFA in it right before this post.

We only doing two in our FFAs, as there's only two wolves? I don't see an issue with naming three, as it's still our three best guesses even if we evidently can't be right about them all.

Yes two, as if you have three, then you are 100% smearing a villager.
    That is what a villager should be doing.

• Advertisement

I had 2 on my ffa but I guess it wasnt picked up as I had the format wrong.

#FFA

Strawbs
    Trit
    Duffers (tentitive 3rd. Hasnt posted much so slotting him in here)

Coz I'm lazy? Really, no one else seemed to pick up on it so I thought maybe I was reading too much into it. Maybe he just didn't see keith or thought that his comment on keith's fun jonnie walker post would be better. I dunno. It just stuck out for me which is why I questioned it. When he didn't answer I forgot about it till today.

I really don't get why you picking me with this, and keep bringing it up.
    Trit says hi everyone , hi qb, hi molly.

he didn't say hi to virtanen, but he comments on my post in his next post.

Can you please let me know why you are ignoring virtanen over and over again in this thought process where i was not referenced in trits first post.

Uhh.......you quoted my post with my FFA in it right before this post.

Whoops, sorry. :o I confess I didn't read the whole post again, just quoted it as I remembered that that had been the post that had started me thinking you a bit less likely a wolf.

Okay, if I'm giving a second on my FFA it'd have to be Strawbs, one of the lesser villagery or neutral leans

I'd also have been tempted to include Duffman, as a possible low-lying wolf who hasn't posted since yesterday. But I'll stick with Strawbs.

Okay, if I'm giving a second on my FFA it'd have to be Strawbs, one of the lesser villagery or neutral leans

I'd also have been tempted to include Duffman, as a possible low-lying wolf who hasn't posted since yesterday. But I'll stick with Strawbs.

Really, wow, so are you doing a 180 now and agreeing with trits assestment of shakes now?

I’m gonna show as NRV so you’d better have your plan be ready now as I’m the only mislynch we can afford.

I said I'd ISO Tritium...

Quick to point the finger at Molly. Shaking trees I expect.

Fluff, but anything marked fluff that was Day 0 I would categorise as "acceptable fluff" as D0 is often more messing than playing.

Second accusation at Molly.

Fluff

Fluff

Fluff

Third accusation of Molly.

Fourth accusation of Molly. Actually it's starting to surprise me that she started arguing to much with me considering that it was Trit that was really putting the heavy accusations at her.

First gamey post. Actually putting in an opinion on something, rather than posting fluff or wild accusations. Didn't follow up with reasons why he didn't agree, or propose where else wolves might be posting though.

Truth, but ironic considering the lack of substance to his posts thus far.

Now, getting to the meaty stuff. Very correctly calls Virt out on his conclusion to his theory.

Though I disagreed with his assessment on Strawbs, he is at least putting forward arguments to support his accusation. And I agreed with his assessment on Molly. I think this post though is where my first niggles on him come about, but maybe it's for personal reasons. I had quoted Kitten's exact same post with the suggestion that she was hinting that Molly was a wolf. But he posted it above like he was the first to spot it. It didn't sit well with me, but he could genuinely have missed my saying it first, or had seen it but felt no need to reference it.

Fair question.

Examining me on my assertion that if I was a wolf, I'd have two potential villagers lined up for lynching. It's a fair question, considering he can't know that I'm not a wolf.

Fair question.

Fair question and it was around this time I was feeling less convinced of my own lean on Strawbs being villager.

Fair question, again to me. I can see his why he was confused. I answered him and he never replied, so I presume he was happy with / accepted my answer.

Fair.

Following up on Strawbs' accusation of Duffman.

So, in conclusion, I don't really see anything wolfy.

So far...

I reviewed you ISO of trit, and the above highlight stood out to me, Can you explain your thought process when writing this line out.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod note

Gang just a note im a little busier than expected tonight. Should be fine for 9pm but just a heads up in case I can't get to my phone, ye may have to tot up the votes at 9 and declare someone dead.

Honour system from ye all to make sure ye vote.

Really, wow, so are you doing a 180 now and agreeing with trits assestment of shakes now?

180 from this morning yes, but not 180 from this afternoon where I was already starting to wonder about her as said here:

What's the point in arguing in this game, if we're all going to stuck rigidly to our guns based on first impressions and refuse to be convinced by other player's opinions? I've also some a some degree turn on Molly, though not 180.

Ultimately, yourself, Kolido, Virt, Trit and (to a lesser extent) Duffman just lean more villagery so I'm left with only Strawbs as a second.

• Advertisement

Is QB saying she knows Trit isn’t a wolf?

Advertisement