Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super easy & quick vanilla cake - a Werewolf recipe

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

quickbeam wrote:
    BTW, that reminds me... had Kitten got a peek by that stage? And if so, who?

Nope no peeks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

@Green&Red - I see you lurking there. Who was the super-obvious wolf you found?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

If you liked anything about this game don't forget the awards nominations thread.

If you have any feedback don't forget the feedback thread.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Pter wrote: »
    If you liked anything about this game don't forget the awards nominations thread.

If you have any feedback don't forget the feedback thread.

Thanks!

No priests :D

quickbeam wrote: »

Yeah I saw that too. Did any of you think to get their answer sent to you in a PM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Long live the Spice Girls (as I shall call the 3 of us from now on)! That was a nailbiting morning, especially since no one would tell me who the last wolf was. I actually think that if Virt munched strawbs this morning QB would've totally gone for me as the last wolf and won the game for the wolves.

Very well played everyone. Thanks to the mods for setting it up. Having the small group was much nicer but actually created more pressure for everyone I think. It was a nice change.

Viva Forever Ladies!

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I actually think that if Virt munched strawbs this morning QB would've totally gone for me as the last wolf and won the game for the wolves.

I think you’re probably right there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Well it’s easy to say now but....
    Kilido, screamed wolf I thought but it’s a lot easier when there’s no consequences to being wrong

That was a nailbiting morning, especially since no one would tell me who the last wolf was.

Too cruel. Who’d you think it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Too cruel. Who’d you think it was?

Virt.
    My exact words to Pter and Necro were:
    "QB is too self doubty and I think Strawbs is too calm"

• Advertisement

Seeing as we have the mixer back, I’m off to bake cake.

Orange drizzle ok by everyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I actually think that if Virt munched strawbs this morning QB would've totally gone for me as the last wolf and won the game for the wolves

I even had Strawbs down as my placeholder kill before moving it to you :rolleyes:

I read through QB's posts last night, and thought that she had stronger doubts over Strawbs than she did for you

Ah well, 20/20 hindhight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

For a vanilla game with such a small player pool the post count was pretty high over should a short period. Sorry about day 1, I got completely bogged down and actually forgot about the game.

Well done every one, good games all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

That was a really fun game to watch and (briefly) play in. Thanks mods and we’ll played village and wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

@ Kolido & Virt - how did you find using discord over COP?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

kitten_k wrote: »
    @ Kolido & Virt - how did you find using discord over COP?

The major plus for me is the speed. You can see if someone posted on the app.

Not sure how well it works if you have to scroll through a full thread or you want to search for something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Agreed, it was simple in terms of setting it up, but it's more so built for flowing conversation, not for referring back to previous comments, which the game would require

For mod questions, kill orders, things like that, no problem, you can set up a separate text channels on the server without issue. But for general discussion in the backrooms, such as among the wolves, I'd say you'd almost need a new text channel every day, just so you're not scrolling all day to refer back to previous information

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

sKeith wrote: »
    are we allowed to lo lynch, that is the best ting to do tomorrow if we can.

6 left before lynch, we no lynch, 6 left before munch 5 after. with 2 wolves and 3 villagers.
    it increases are odds of properly finding the wolves from 33/66 to 50/50 for last lynch, if we hit wolf, then its another 50/50 for game ending.
    if we don't do no lynch tomorrow then those odds are 33/66 then 25/75.

If there was ever a time to argue for no lynch, its tomorrows lynch.

I also thought this was massively flawed (sorry Keith)
    It completely ignores that the Wolves go from 33% of the village to 40%. They just needed one person who voted before them to not vote for either of them, jump on that persons nomination and they were home free

How often are these short games?

At first glance so did I (think it was flawed). It is so counter-intuitive to me. But, when I worked through the two scenarios the 25% v 13% proved it, and sK allayed my fears of the scenario you put forward (one person voting before the wolves). It was a super thought-out plan and one I wouldn't have thought of in a million years.

We've had a few spontaneous live games. I think this is only the second standard game that was sort of spontaneous. The first being the one after Community.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Green&Red wrote: »
    I also thought this was massively flawed (sorry Keith)
    It completely ignores that the Wolves go from 33% of the village to 40%. They just needed one person who voted before them to not vote for either of them, jump on that persons nomination and they were home free

How often are these short games?

On the contrary, thats the WHOLE point of the exercise.

The higher perventage of wolves, makes them easier for us villagers to hit.

It was also giving more time to the village to talk before having to make that game threatning lynch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

if we still had a seer, it would have been the optimal play, but as seer was dead, it was a contentious decision the player would have to discuss, and when people are discussing and having to think about things, they can also let guard down (show tell).

Wiki for game added. Feel free anyone who wants to add or change.

And Stats spreadsheet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

sKeith wrote: »
    On the contrary, thats the WHOLE point of the exercise.

The higher perventage of wolves, makes them easier for us villagers to hit.

It was also giving more time to the village to talk before having to make that game threatning lynch.

Yup, no lynch at lylo in that situation is the correct move when no one is cleared.

Advertisement