Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man, 65, convicted of purchasing sex in landmark prostitution case

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,636 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Good God Ivana Bacik is ugly.

Sir, you should go where no man has gone before.........
    If me and her were the last two people on earth, I would rather smash my head open with a rock.
    This says so much more about you two big brave lads than it does about the lady concerned.

• Site Banned Posts: 79 ✭✭Robert Wolfe

This says so much more about you two big brave lads than it does about the lady concerned.

I can't stand that witch.

She looks like a human that was half assimilated by The Thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

"Ohhhhh she looks like the lost Disney Irish princess, I would approach her only that would be inappropriate because I am using my masculine toxicity in an inappropriate way in this post modern era". Does that make you happy?

Why dont you ask her out? Valentines day is coming up. Go up and ask her to take pity on you!!

I can't stand that witch.

She looks like a human that was half assimilated by The Thing.
    Most civilised adults find it possible to disagree with somebody's position without being personally insulting about someone's appearance.

"Ohhhhh she looks like the lost Disney Irish princess, I would approach her only that would be inappropriate because I am using my masculine toxicity in an inappropriate way in this post modern era". Does that make you happy?

Why dont you ask her out? Valentines day is coming up. Go up and ask her to take pity on you!!

She's married with kids as it happens, so I'd guess her attractiveness to you and the other big lads here is fairly low on her list of concerns.

Did you ever watch Ballroom of Romance, with the thick, ignorant sneering big lads on the far side of the hall eyeing up the women?

Did you ever watch Ballroom of Romance, with the thick, ignorant sneering big lads on the far side of the hall eyeing up the women?

No, I havent had the privilege, I am a straight red blooded male. but carry on!!
    Have you ever seen Gladiator, Hannibal Brooks or As good as it gets?

• Advertisement

She's married with kids as it happens, so I'd guess her attractiveness to you and the other big lads here is fairly low on her list of concerns.

Christ on a bike .... they are breeding them, notice not "husband" but "Domestic partner"...... totally a "house-bound".

Christ on a bike .... they are breeding them, notice not "husband" but "Domestic partner"...... totally a "house-bound".
    Are you drunk tonight or what?

Are you drunk tonight or what?

What does it matter? I still wouldnt go on a date with her!!!

What does it matter? I still wouldnt go on a date with her!!!
    I think you can rest assured that she won't be looking for your phone number.

She prefers people with an IQ in three figures.

I think you can rest assured that she won't be looking for your phone number.

She prefers people with an IQ in three figures.

Oh I am fine with that I am engaged, all properly sorted. I was worried you wouldn't be getting any action.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod- Andrew and skooter. Take a 24 hour break from this thread. Do not post here till 9pm tomorrow evening. Take it to pm if ye want to carry on the love fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

elperello wrote: »
    I don't know if this is a joke or not but here goes anyway.

You do know the Marty Whelan you mentioned is the former Fianna Fail press secretary and not the national treasure?

which one was in the 'Ra?

There are chunks of this thread that should only be read in Borats voice.

It's the only way they make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭elperello

goose2005 wrote: »
    which one was in the 'Ra?

Sorry, can't say.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Jmsg

Let us hope there were hereto unknown aggravating factors involved in his being arrested. Otherwise this is a blatant disgrace; him being named as a sex offender in the news as though he were a rapist or child molester. Who knows the extent of the devastation this could potentially cause depending on his familial, communal or vocational circumstances.

Prevalent today are those who on a personal level have a neurosis regarding sexual activity and gender relations in general. They tend to project their own disturbed disposition on the largest possible scales by way of political movements and philosophies and are hell bent on attempting to conform the world to their twisted minds. A mob of such characters were the ones who campaigned for this law and were the sole reason it was passed.

Women being sexually contracted to men in a private location and anonymous situation is a highly dangerous circumstance in itself and open to all manor of potential abuses, but there's no situation where a man makes a dangerous choice for a big pay off and is painted as a victim. It's simply the fact that it's a woman selling and a man buying (in most cases) why some people have a problem with it.

Virtually nobody with any kind of moderate disposition in this country agrees with this law. It requires merely a sixteenth of a brain cell and no overt ideological prejudices in the matter for one to realise that prostitution is a river which cannot be damed. The spineless coward lawmakers who passed the bill are the ones at fault, who should have spotted the situation as it really was from miles away and who very likely did but were concerned primarily with saving face rather than upholding any kind of truth and integrity in their vital roles.

The anti-prostitution lobbies characteristically conflate what are known as agencies with outright sex slavery. Agencies are a mutual agreement wherein prostitutes collaborate with those knowledgeable of the terrain and can therefore facilitate accommodations and rotations therein with fellow sex workers on account of convenience in exchange for a share of their received fee. Usually something like 50%, in turn half of that is what the agents are spending to accommodate them and half they keep as profit. The phenomenon of overt coercion being in any way prevalent in prostitution in modern day developed nations is a myth. It happens only as anomalies, in which cases the same tactics employed by every police force the world over in regard the drug trade ought be applied whereby contact is made with the lowest level dealers on the ground (the prostitutes in our case) and on the basis of this a discernment of who are the more potent actors is made leading to substantial arrests.

Advertisement