Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man, 65, convicted of purchasing sex in landmark prostitution case

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Ever hear about herself and the dispute with Marty Whealan (Yes that Marty Whealan) when he was running with the IRSP/INLA and he send a few pals around to ask her to step down from the student presidency race. LOADS of skeletons in that closet.

You think you know someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Bacik has been Reid Professor of Criminal Law, Criminology and Penology at Trinity College, Dublin (TCD) Law School since 1996, and was a made a Fellow of Trinity College Dublin in 2005, so yeah, it's safe to say she knows a bit more about the law than you or me.

As for Marty Whelan, he's 12 years older than her - so were they really in Trinity at the same time? No mention of being at college at all on his wiki. It says that he went straight from school to work in insurance, as many people did in those days. When did this amazing incident happen?

I never said she didnt know about law, I said you should hear her view, particularly about men and . News flash college prepares you academically it does not prepare you for life. I very foolish said she would have made a great presidential candidate until I heard her views on men.

I would never quote a wikipedia article. I have noticed a lot of things disappear off the internet, or reference to them. You would have to be graduated and practicing a few years before you would be made a lecturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I don't know if this is a joke or not but here goes anyway.

You do know the Marty Whelan you mentioned is the former Fianna Fail press secretary and not the national treasure?

elperello wrote: »
    I don't know if this is a joke or not but here goes anyway.

You do know the Marty Whelan you mentioned is the former Fianna Fail press secretary and not the national treasure?

No, I assumed it was same one. So there is truth to the story?

No, I assumed it was same one. So there is truth to the story?

Yes it is true there are two Marty Whelans.

• Advertisement

Yes it is true there are two Marty Whelans.

Is there truth that there was Marty send a few lads around to have a chat about the Student Union presidency election that it was in her best interest to step aside?

Is there truth that there was Marty send a few lads around to have a chat about the Student Union presidency election that it was in her best interest to step aside?

Can't say.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

No, I assumed it was same one.

Isn't it funny how assumptions like that come back to bite you in the ass. You might highlight which of your future claims are based on similar assumptions in future.

Isn't it funny how assumptions like that come back to bite you in the ass. You might highlight which of your future claims are based on similar assumptions in future.

It could happen to a bishop, you yourself never, ever made a similar assumption?

It could happen to a bishop, you yourself never, ever made a similar assumption?
    I'm fairly sure I've never said "the dispute with XXXX(Yes that XXXX)" when I didn't actually know that it was XXXX, particularly when the context of the issue makes it fairly unlikely (due to the age difference in this case)

• Advertisement

I'm fairly sure I've never said "the dispute with XXXX(Yes that XXXX)" when I didn't actually know that it was XXXX, particularly when the context of the issue makes it fairly unlikely (due to the age difference in this case)

As a person who never made a mistake in their life, I take my hat off to you, sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

A simple code of practice can be introduced between the two parties to eliminate the risk of falling foul of the law. E.g., the client asks the lady to first show him her "undercarriage", perfectly legal if no mention of payment occurs. I doubt very much if an undercover cop would oblige. If she baulks, run like fkuc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

sparksfly wrote: »
    A simple code of practice can be introduced between the two parties to eliminate the risk of falling foul of the law. E.g., the client asks the lady to first show him her "undercarriage", perfectly legal if no mention of payment occurs. I doubt very much if an undercover cop would oblige. If she baulks, run like fkuc.

Only problem with that is that the Gardai are probably their best customers.

As a person who never made a mistake in their life, I take my hat off to you, sir.
    I've made lots of mistakes - but I don't throw around allegations about named people lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I very much doubt a prostitute is going to show any man that ask her "undercarriage" for free either.

I've made lots of mistakes - but I don't throw around allegations about named people lightly.

You will often find that people sign up with silly organisations at college for the sake a few free pints or a free calculator and it comes back to haunt them later in life. I believe there is a picture of one Hilary Rodham burning an American flag. Proinsias De Rossa was involved in forging £5 notes when he was with some far left wing of the workers party.

I have never been one to get involved in college politics, but careers are made and sunk there. There is always an old school friend in the background willing to come out and spill the beans at an opportune moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

I very much doubt a prostitute is going to show any man that ask her "undercarriage" for free either.

How about a feel of the headlights then?

You will often find that people sign up with silly organisations at college for the sake a few free pints or a free calculator and it comes back to haunt them later in life. I believe there is a picture of one Hilary Rodham burning an American flag. Proinsias De Rossa was involved in forging £5 notes when he was with some far left wing of the workers party.

I have never been one to get involved in college politics, but careers are made and sunk there. There is always an old school friend in the background willing to come out and spill the beans at an opportune moment.
    Are you sure that's the Hilary Rodham Clinton and the Proinsias De Rossa?

I'm not sure really the student politics thing has been that big of an issue over here.

Are you sure that's the Hilary Rodham Clinton and the Proinsias De Rossa?

I'm not sure really the student politics thing has been that big of an issue over here.

Over here most politics has been clannish but in the university circuit a Student Union president has often gone to be a Senator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Johnny Red Cab

Over here most politics has been clannish but in the university circuit a Student Union president has often gone to be a Senator.
    Or a pariah! Katie Ascough is a good case in point.

• Advertisement

You might care to link to the HRC allegation.

The other allegation I'd advise you to delete.
    That was tested all the way to the Supreme Court and cost Independent Newspapers £IR 300,000.

You might care to link to the HRC allegation.

The other allegation I'd advise you to delete.
    That was tested all the way to the Supreme Court and cost Independent Newspapers £IR 300,000.

That sort of thing has been going on for years. Remember them lads from the INLA who went over to North Korean for training? The North Koreans gave them loads of counterfeit US bills to launder in Ireland. You could make a film of it.

That sort of thing has been going on for years. Remember them lads from the INLA who went over to North Korean for training? The North Koreans gave them loads of counterfeit US bills to launder in Ireland. You could make a film of it.

No comment.

• Site Banned Posts: 79 ✭✭Robert Wolfe

Good God Ivana Bacik is ugly.

No need for that.

No comment.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/official-iras-terror-trip-to-north-korea-29760564.html

The "interview" isnt a patch on the real life story. :D:D:D:D

Good God Ivana Bacik is ugly.

Sir, you should go where no man has gone before.........

• Site Banned Posts: 79 ✭✭Robert Wolfe

Sir, you should go where no man has gone before.........

If me and her were the last two people on earth, I would rather smash my head open with a rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Johnny Red Cab

How about a feel of the headlights then?

• Advertisement

If me and her were the last two people on earth, I would rather smash my head open with a rock.

ahhhh Jaysus!!!

Advertisement