Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RPG - Murder on the Canadian Express SIGN UP THREAD

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭tritium

Do we just type something and see what happens?.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I don't know what to do lol

Waiting for somebody else to post so I know how to do it

Ok so to take you as an example Chancer, this I think concerns your character:
    Sean's superiors had left him all the details he needed. Sophia Abrigo, a minor attaché to the Spanish government was on the train and he was to make sure she made it to the other end alive. Who was a threat to her or why they never chose to tell him. Sometimes he suspected they didn't know.

So you can post how you react to that info provided, or take a look around your current setting, which is the lobby, I believe.

Or you can approach one of the other player characters and introduce yourself.

Or you can dress in drag and do the hula if you like (and I'm only half joking :pac: )

Playing an RPG basically means you can play how you best see fits your character.

I started!!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I started!!!!

That's perfect Strawbs!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I started!!!!

Good start!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

What ever you do, do not buy a toblerone from the news agents in the station, and then throw a chunk of it at another character. This can set off a chain of events that lead to huge chunks of the game universe being destroyed and all the player characters getting killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Banjo wrote:
    What ever you do, do not throw buy a toblerone from the news agents in the station, and then throw a chunk of it at another character. This can set off a chain of events that lead to huge chunks of the game universe and all the player characters getting killed.

I'm sure it will be fine. The likelyhood of that happening twice in a row....

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭opentarget

Sorry all I got held up with a false baby alarm and had to dash to the rotunda with my girlfriend...ill get stuck into the new thread now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

opentarget wrote: »
    Sorry all I got held up with a false baby alarm and had to dash to the rotunda with my girlfriend...ill get stuck into the new thread now.
    Don't worry opentarget.

For everybody:
    If you miss the night, you've always the whole next day to get a post in before my next set of responses, so missing a night or even two isn't a big deal.

And if you're under pressure for a longer period I'll manage your character in some way until you're free again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Fourier wrote: »
    Don't worry opentarget.

For everybody:
    If you miss the night, you've always the whole next day to get a post in before my next set of responses, so missing a night or even two isn't a big deal.

And if you're under pressure for a longer period I'll manage your character in some way until you're free again.

Yeah Four's good that way guys, he won't throw your character off the side of a mountain or anything. :rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Yeah Four's good that way guys, he won't throw your character off the side of a mountain or anything. :rolleyes::D

Throwing your character of the side of a mountain sounds very harsh. The mountain pretty much exploded, my character lost their treasured horse and cart, and got impregnated in the same scene.

:eek:
    Old Goat was severely injured! Necro lost his legs! Again! Digi was nearly smothered and still hasn't said thanks for digging him out and then trying to rape him. THEY MADE ME EAT MY OWN DOG! Also, as I recall, it wasn't the fall that killed you, in fact falling off the mountain very nearly saved your life apart from you dying.

Anyway, its not like your train is going to be over-run with a relentless wave of pitiless Undead. It's not Virgin Rail!

I think it was sully asked on the game thread (staying off there as I'm not a player) about the editing of posts. Yeah, it's permitted in the RPGs, there in case the DM leaves out a piece of a scene or if players crosspost and need to change their reaction to certain things.

There's probably another plethora of reasons I can't rightly think of at present too :D

Be careful of editing on the fly to change your action though - especially if you're posting at a high-traffic time, if you make a fundamental change to your action in that post, but in the meantime your original gets quoted by another player or actioned by the GM, things can get a bit messy.

Fixing spelling mistakes, clarifying intent, making that damned youtube embed work - those are all fine. Changing an action though can potentially screw with all the players and waste GM time, and should not be done lightly (and even then possibly only with GM approval depending on how the GM feels about things.)

If it has to be done, it's better to wipe your original post fast and replace it with a short message like "Editing..." than to spend 30 minutes crafting the perfect post in edit while in the meantime other players and the GM are working off the post you're going to be binning. Also, it's easier to get forgiveness than permission :pac:

I've a response on the matter on thread, but it's similar to what Banjo said.

FYI folks I'm out with friends tonight so won't be on for chats. Heta is fine in the arms of the hunky guard though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭opentarget

Damn your social life. 😊

Happens once a year at this point. Lol.

FYI folks I'm out with friends tonight so won't be on for chats. Heta is fine in the arms of the hunky guard though. :)
    If the train passes through a mountain I'll make sure to throw her off it.

Just to say I won't be answering over the weekend (I will tomorrow), but I'll write a summary post of the important points that have come up.

I think people have settled in now, so the plot/events will begin next week.

• Advertisement

So just for reference, the train has eight carriages and the engine.

Meryl and Heta have their seats in Carriage Four
    Aurora, Jacques and Eli have their seats in Carriage Five
    Christopher, Sean and Alexander have seats in Carriage Three (First Class)

Food and Bar are on Carriage Six.

The major NPCs so far are and people's relation to them:
    1. Bloodroot. An Assassin. Eli has to capture them and Alexander has to kill them.

2. Sasuke Kobayashi. Computing expert and Bloodroot's target. Staying in first carriage.

3. Stephan Fawkes. Head Geneticist at Clarkson biotech. Heta and Alexander have to see what he is up to, but Heta knows additionally that he is carrying a dangerous bioweapon. Staying in the second carriage.

4. Sophia Abrigo, attaché to Spanish government and is in danger on the train. Sean is to ensure she survives.

5. Mizuki Kobayashi, Sasuke's sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Ooc - seems id alreadh given my character a cabin without permission! Dont they need cabins to sleep in?

Whats the story there ?

Ooc - seems id alreadh given my character a cabin without permission! Dont they need cabins to sleep in?

Whats the story there ?
    You all have cabins for overnight stay in addition to seats. You're in First Class, added you there.

So to be clearer those are the carriages you are staying in, your cabins are there and you can sit in the seats there.

So just for reference, the train has eight carriages and the engine.

Meryl and Heta have their seats in Carriage Four
    Aurora, Jacques and Eli have their seats in Carriage Five
    Christopher, Sean and Alexander have seats in Carriage Three (First Class)

Food and Bar are on Carriage Six.

The major NPCs so far are and people's relation to them:
    1. Bloodroot. An Assassin. Eli has to capture them and Alexander has to kill them.

2. Sasuke Kobayashi. Computing expert and Bloodroot's target. Staying in first carriage.

3. Stephan Fawkes. Head Geneticist at Clarkson biotech. Heta and Alexander have to see what he is up to, but Heta knows additionally that he is carrying a dangerous bioweapon. Staying in the second carriage.

4. Sophia Abrigo, attaché to Spanish government and is in danger on the train. Sean is to ensure she survives.

5. Mizuki Kobayashi, Sasuke's sister.

I think you missed where Otto is sitting?

tritium wrote: »
    I think you missed where Otto is sitting?
    I was holding off on answering this until the posts there with Chris.:D

I was holding off on answering this until the posts there with Chris.:D

:D haha guess ottos seat doesn’t really matter anymore

Poor Otto.

Advertisement