Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RPG - Murder on the Canadian Express SIGN UP THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

quickbeam wrote: »
    Are these skills we're actually good at in RL, or skills we want our characters to be good at?
    The characters.

Reworded things there to make it clearer it's the characters.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I’m gonna stick to my original 4. It’s my first foray into RPG - hopefully if I can relate to the character more I might be able to understand what the f**k is going on.

Guns
    Engineering
    Repair
    Carousing

And my name: Meryl Sidebottom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Name: Heta Mari
    Nationality: Dutch
    Skills:
    Melee
    Deception
    Stealth
    Investigation

Investigation would be my best skill.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Has Chris Hems... I mean Pter picked his skills yet :P

Necro wrote: »
    Has Chris Hems... I mean Pter picked his skills yet :P
    Pter goes deep immersion for these things, he's currently defusing a bomb on an oil rig.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ah Molly I was writing out the exact same skills :D

I'll put up my second picks now.

My characters name is Christopher Hemsworthy.

His skills are

Athletic
    Melee
    Leadership
    Carousing

He is very very good at the auld melee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Pter wrote: »
    Ah Molly I was writing out the exact same skills :D

I'll put up my second picks now.

Soznotsoz. I'm trying to play to my strengths. Lol. Also leaning into the crap Mata Hari character I've chosen for myself.

• Advertisement

Oh my guy is an aussie

I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of sleeveless tops and arm flexing in this RPG.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Nobody said imagination was required for this game :( I'm sh!te at this sort of thing.

Is there a method for chosing a name - mother's maiden name and first pet's name, type of thing?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Is there a method for chosing a name - mother's maiden name and first pet's name, type of thing?

Favourite mod and favourite shade of blue.

sullivlo wrote:
    Favourite mod and favourite shade of blue.

Choose your next words wisely QB.

Don't repeat the mistakes of dognamegate

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ptully sky?

Nobody said imagination was required for this game :( I'm sh!te at this sort of thing.
    I can just randomly select the skills for you if you want.
    No, just whatever you want.
    This can make some good ones:
    https://donjon.bin.sh/weird/name/

Bit of a mouthful but as good a name as any.

My character name is Aurora Belafonte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭tritium

Hey hope I’m not too late/ sorry for keeping you . My dice roll was

Tritium Strength [ 2d6 = 8 ] Dexterity [ 2d6 = 6 ] Endurance [ 2d6 = 7 ] Intelligence [ 2d6 = 8 ] Education [ 2d6 = 7 ] Society [ 2d6 = 5 ]

I’m strictly mr average :D

Will post the other skills bit in a mo

Not late at all tritium

• Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭tritium

I’m going to go with
    liaison
    Investigation
    Repair and
    deception

Particular skills in liaison

Name: Alexander Petrovic
    Nationality: Russian

Guns as main skill

And I’m a Londoner, innit guv

Name: Otto Hergert, German.

Good at:

Athletics
    Guns <- especially good at
    Computer
    Stealth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Guns - especially good
    Carousing
    Deception
    Medicine

Name - Sean Moore

Nationality - English

Height 6 foot 1

Sex - yes please, loads.

sullivlo wrote: »
    My character name is Aurora Belafonte.
    Aurora is Swedish, but fully fluent in English after studying in Harvard for a stint. She’s taking the trip on the train in the hopes that she will find love after her previous conquest died after a boating accident on Cape Cod.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭opentarget

Character bio and skills incoming. Just waiting for a Skype meeting to start so I can create my character and look busy taking notes at the same time haha

opentarget wrote:
    Character bio and skills incoming. Just waiting for a Skype meeting to start so I can create my character and look busy taking notes at the same time haha

You will do well in this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭opentarget

I went down the rabbit hole a bit on this one...sorry for the long post :P

Eli Smith, Skills:
    Medicine(Main Skill)
    Melee
    Engineering
    Carousing
    Strength [ 11 ] Dexterity [ 4 ] Endurance [ 7 ] Intelligence [ 9 ] Education [ 5 ] Society [ 8 ]

Eli Smith is the name, I am Canadian from all over the place but mainly the Yukon mining region.
    I was raised by my father after mother died of a pox when I was very young.

As a kid, I was moved from town to town as my father searched for his fortune in the mines.
    My Father was a great machine mechanic and engineer but unfortunately, his fondness for the drink meant he often found himself in trouble and couldn't hold a job for long. We were always on the move to the next place and the next...

I grew up in the yards and machine shops of mining operations soaking up the knowledge from the workers, my education is informal but hands on....smart, but not book smart.

When I was old enough and had enough of my father's drinking I left him and I decided to set roots down in small gold mining town fixing equipment, doing odd jobs and shifting rocks. My father's fondness for the drink haunts me and I keep away for the most part...although I never say never to a single malt.....But my vice is a gamble, be it a game of cards to a roll of dice, it has got me in and out of trouble more times than I can count.

When the mining boom burst I was left with no choice but to enlist in the military, this wasn't all bad I had always wanted to see the wider world.

My spotty upbringing meant I wasn't quite officer material but I dug in and climbed the social structure of the military the hard way by being a grafter.

My years of mining gave me brute strength which I found was quite a good match to Queensberry rules and I become the battalions champion boxer (still unbeaten...) although not being the most dexterous of fighters I always rely on strength to win and have taken plenty of hits in the process...but if it works it works.

My time in the military showed me I was a quick learner and after a time I found a calling for medicine and focused my attention on becoming a field medic "if you can fix a machine you can fix a man" my mentor always said.

Apparently, my unique life experience and talents have brought me to the attention of intelligence officers...let's see where this takes me.

Advertisement