Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf Post Game Feedback Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Barney92 wrote: »
    My point is though that they didn't actually attempt to munch anyone. Yes they put in the order to munch the person, but they knew it wasn't going through so they didn't actually attempt anything. Had there been an announcement of no munch, or even no munch announcement I think we wouldn't quite have gone down the believing Phil as much as we did route. Now, I probably would still have suspected the others before Phil so it probably doesn't make a difference.

So I see your point but in a game where roles weren't indicative of alignment it works fine. For example, large wolf team accidently munched Abi and lost Derry as a result. It was also possible we could have missed a munch by targeting a player who Phil had jailed inadvertently. I mean he protected the munch target who I selected on the first protect that same thing could have happened inadvertently to benefit the village. Also the way the backrooms were set up we couldn't see who was in jail or Derry was visiting so that mad it more difficult to know where people were

Also if flavour had indicated a munch hadn't happened the spot light would have went on Eva immediately for being blocked out of the room, it almost did anyway despite the flavour signalling a protect as opposed to no kill order.

It was a hail Mary play, if the village had of been logical Phil would have died immediately after me as the biggest unknown but he got a chance to make a play and the village lapped it up. That Doris peek would have come in handy too :D

The paranoia in this game was brilliant, I mean I supported Senan in shooting Emily cause we thought the Jester was on our team :)

Great game mods, I'd great craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Re: Roles.

What kind of mad man gives the wolf team a broken alignment seer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

fixXxer wrote: »
    Re: Roles.

What kind of mad man gives the wolf team a broken alignment seer :D

Mr. Random apparently :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

How does randomising roles work from a game balance perspective? I mean couldn’t one team get all the Good or powerful roles ?

Loved the game , but I found the amount of people overwhelming to follow. Loved the roles aswell, I couldn’t work out the wolf drunk seer , I was like “why would they do that to a wolf, that’s just mean!?” :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Barney92 wrote: »
    I have no problem with them being able to block their own munches. I think that is a very interesting route that can be taken. I wasn't so sure of the flavour around it as it made it seem like there was an actual attempt at a munch when there never actually was since the wolves knew they had already stopped themselves from munching the person. I suppose flavour be flavour and all that but looking back that's the only I'd have an issue with.

Tbh, I wasn't sure how to word the flavour at all, because you are correct in that it's a deliberate failed munch.

Reason I went with protection was to indicate it was a protective role blocking the target and not a failed munch through roleblocking, which would have strung Eva up completely through no fault of her own.

I'm still not completely sure if it was the correct way of wording it tbh, but I wanted to remain consistent with the first failed munch so just went with it in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Drumpot wrote: »
    How does randomising roles work from a game balance perspective? I mean couldn’t one team get all the Good or powerful roles ?

Loved the game , but I found the amount of people overwhelming to follow. Loved the roles aswell, I couldn’t work out the wolf drunk seer , I was like “why would they do that to a wolf, that’s just mean!?” :pac:

Yeah same here. I had absolutely convinced myself that they would have meticulously designated specific roles for each side, die to balancing issues. Only let it go when it was confirmed otherwise in the deadroom

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Drumpot wrote: »

Theoretically, they could yes. But in a game where there are 32 roles then it would be hard to have one side 'weaker' than the other imo.

The structure of the roles also had copies of some as well which was deliberately designed so players would be suspicious of claims that were similar to their own:

Like the neighbours VS the lovers
    BG VS Jailer
    etc

FixXxer on the fool seer, we did initially in creation consider providing roles to both seers, but changed it as it was easier to give a straight good/evil response to the fool than what we would have had to do...

Rand whether true or fool peek
    If fool peek, then we'd need to rand what role you got that wasn't the actual role...

We could have done it but we just went alignment in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Don;t forget to leave feedback for Nightmare before Christmas

Loved the flavour, not actually killing anyone per se. It was right on point and the Christmas presents stuff was well handled.

6 wolves was actually fine with the amount of powers handed out and I liked the roleset, it balanced nicely.

No real opinion on Discord for backrooms as I was an NRV (yes, I really was Mick :P ) apart from it's harder to read them post game.

Soooo much scrolling.

But thanks mods that was a nice, fun friendly game (mostly) which I really enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Is there a way to stop people deleting stuff on discord. Only issue I had with it.

For game stuff of course. And I don't think we had an issue in this game. But was on my mind.

• Advertisement

Baggly wrote: »
    Is there a way to stop people deleting stuff on discord. Only issue I had with it.

For game stuff of course. And I don't think we had an issue in this game. But was on my mind.

I'm not sure I think all users can edit/delete their own posts. Might be possible we could play around on the test server at some point maybe?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Or, indeed, deleting the whole room! :confused:

quickbeam wrote:
    Or, indeed, deleting the whole room!

Haha true enough. Live and learn

Great game guys it really was, this is probably just me but I did find it hard what we could and couldn't discuss at times over roles, it might be that I was just not used to playing that way not really sure this is feedback more a random thought is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I really enjoyed it, I said it in the dead room but to repeat, I loved the fast pace, I find them much more enjoyable and even though I was particularly bad as a wolf and that set the tone I think it could have been a lot closer
    Great game set up, other than the game I won as SK it was my favourite so far

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Great game guys it really was, this is probably just me but I did find it hard what we could and couldn't discuss at times over roles, it might be that I was just not used to playing that way not really sure this is feedback more a random thought is all.

To be honest, it helped the village massively not being able to talk about and therefore focus on roles. More focusing on suspicious behaviour and interactions. I found I'd a much clearer though processes in this game whereas I'd often be distracted by bells and whistles.

Mods thoroughly enjoyed the game, similar to what GnR said, lovely pace, great kill rate and I didn't grow weary of it. Work is mad for me but I felt I could still somewhat keep up

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Great game mods, the on thread reveals was a real twist and depending on your alignment was a good addtional.

Just as I was getting involved, RL tossed a curveball. :mad: and paid the price.

Just as well I was in the Deadroom or I wouldn't have a clue what was going on with the seemingly invincible Khal.

duffman13 wrote:
    Mods thoroughly enjoyed the game, similar to what GnR said, lovely pace, great kill rate and I didn't grow weary of it. Work is mad for me but I felt I could still somewhat keep up

On this, while I still posted a lot I wasnt smothering the thread like i sometimes do.

I think i can do this more regularly.... or at least I'm going to try

No that's fair. Don't think we have banned reveals before. The no talking about pm thing is a long running one.

I thought it was good actually. Forced us to not use self reveals as a method of clearing people.

No that's fair. Don't think we have banned reveals before. The no talking about pm thing is a long running one.

I thought it was good actually. Forced us to not use self reveals as a method of clearing people.

Ya like im not having a go I just was unsure of what the lines were I guess and that was all really I think it is a good thing just take a bit of getting used to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Necro wrote: »
    On this, while I still posted a lot I wasnt smothering the thread like i sometimes do.

I think i can do this more regularly.... or at least I'm going to try

I definitely appreciated it

On the Discord BR I find it very handy for in the moment but awful for reading back

You probably need to get used to pinning stuff and you can jump back to it instead of having to scroll all the way back up,

I think you can search for stuff aswell and jump to that also

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

You don't always know what's important though. I didn't play this game, but I wouldn't like Discord to become the norm for back rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

quickbeam wrote: »
    You don't always know what's important though. I didn't play this game, but I wouldn't like Discord to become the norm for back rooms.

The next game will be played using the usual backrooms mainly due to my unfamiliarity with discord

beakerjoe wrote:
    The next game will be played using the usual backrooms mainly due to my unfamiliarity with discord

Speaking of which do you want admin access on dragonbyte to start planning yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necro wrote: »
    Speaking of which do you want admin access on dragonbyte to start planning yet?

No rush no it, whenever folks are finished with it is fine by me. Have most of the plans drawn up , only the rooms to create.

Cheers Necro

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Really enjoyed the Christmas game. Enjoyed the pace a lot (was helped by it infact as the start of the week ended up being more free than expected, Thursday / Fri would have been hard game days if I was still involved) and even though it wasn't a low post count game (when you factor in it wasn't the biggest village and was over quicker than most games) it was still easy enough to follow.

The Village was very on the ball so the high number of wolves was not an issue at all and was in retrospect the correct call.

Some things I would not do in every game but as an occasional twist made it very interesting. On thread mod reveals when powers/gifts were used for example, protects with no time limit and 2 life players not even knowing they were two life players.

I was not in a backroom but think I would prefer non discord BRs. Definitely reading back through them post game I would as there was so much scrolling and my phone kept kicking me back to the most recent posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

I totally enjoyed the Christmas Game. It was my first time as a wolf and enjoyed the backroom, lovely to see it from the other side. The pacing was great and the mods were very helpful and engaging without bias and the revealing of powers or peak results onscreen made for an interesting game as wolves couldn't fake reveals, it really made you focus on trying to fool villagers. There was a lovely atmosphere and craic both onscreen and in backroom.

As an aside, I have played 5 games so far and in each game I have had a slightly different role NRV, NRV, NRV with role, NRV turned SK, and Wolf, which has been brilliant for learning quickly the different mechanics of the games and getting into the rhythm and enjoyment of the games. I have found everyone so welcoming, helpful and friendly. The Mods in all the games have been brilliant, helpful guiding people.

I also found the discord dead room/new deadroom lol brilliant for after game chat which is really the first experience I have had with this, as previously the other deadrooms were just that dead, and when you come off a game a bit of banter and slagging is brilliant along with post game analysis and this time it happened. As regards in game use I didnt experience any issues with discord.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

There was no feedback left for silent hill. I'm going to take it as read that everyone thought the game was flawless :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Silent Hill was class!!! Great mod interaction and flavour. Atmosphere brilliant. Nice flow but the fog blocked the scenic view. Very enjoyable game

Advertisement