Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Wolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Well I can't see it clarified anywhere in the OP on in this thread so I'm wondering why Frank seems to think converts return to village if the wolf team is killed, does he know something we don't?

It doesn't specifically say the cult needs a figurehead to win, but it'd be a **** ending to the game if the cult won on points after the witch king and Sauron (and any Nazgul) were dead. No drama in that.

If you wiped out Sarumans's team, then killed twk and Sauron you conceivably would have to keep going until either the cult or village won, without being able to cult hunt because even they don't know who they are. Pointless. No Nazgul has to mean cult revert to village.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    How is it anti town to push to remove a likely turn coat? We won't know they've been converted so they would be the perfect sleeper agent.

Do you not think you'd be readable switching from good to bad the morning of a failed munch? Converts definitely aren't impossible to spot, as it is I'd take Boromir on our side and our chances catching him if converted.

If he never gets converted then we won't have wasted a lynch on him either

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    "Hi wolves, Boromir here. F**k these village pricks, convert me in the morning please and thank you" :D

When you were typing out that sentence, did you stop and think how suspicious minds could possibly see an anterior motive to it?

Frank WW wrote: »
    Let's translate...

"Hi wolves, Boromir here. F**k these village pricks, convert me in the morning please and thank you" :D

No but seriously, I don't think anyone is automatically anti-town or wolf for discussing this with reasoning. Boromir is potentially a full enemy for the village. If I was a wolf, I would be trying to recruit any Nazgul like Boromir who I could. It would be a high priority.

I don't understand why you think discussing this is such a bad/wolf move, unless I am missing something. I get that it's not perfect or anywhere near it, but the work of wolves? "Yeah, get yourself lynched on Day 1 Boromir so we permanently close an avenue for recruiting a new member".

I don't see it.

Frank for lynch?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    When you were typing out that sentence, did you stop and think how suspicious minds could possibly see an anterior motive to it?

No harm having a couple of Spartacus's out their. Don't point them all out though!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Frank for lynch?

Why dont you commit to it, rather than throwing the idea out there and waiting for someone else to push it.

So, Conor......... do you want to lynch Frank based off Phils post?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Afternoon all, just caught up on the morning's posts

I had considered yesterday whether Boromir should volunteer himself to be lynched, but I said I'd keep quiet on the matter in case I looked like a baddie trying to lynch a villager. I definitely see merit in his self-sacrifice, and if he wants to play for the good of the village then I think he should consider it

Do you not think you'd be readable switching from good to bad the morning of a failed munch? Converts definitely aren't impossible to spot, as it is I'd take Boromir on our side and our chances catching him if converted.

Not if he's clever

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Why dont you commit to it, rather than throwing the idea out there and waiting for someone else to push it.

So, Conor......... do you want to lynch Frank based off Phils post?

Because its 12:37, I'm in no rush

Nah I think Frank may be a good lynchee based off Franks posts, but I don't want to lynch him yet anyways

Frank for lynch?
    Because its 12:37, I'm in no rush

Nah I think Frank may be a good lynchee based off Franks posts, but I don't want to lynch him yet anyways

If you dont want to lynch Frank, then why post "Frank for Lynch"?

• Advertisement

Eva WW wrote: »
    Not if he's clever

Maybe not, I guess it'll depend on the when too.

Either way Boromir plays for both sides and I can't see him offering himself up, I know I wouldn't if I had the role

If you dont want to lynch Frank, then why post "Frank for Lynch"?

Yet, I don't want to lynch him yet.

Right now frank is my no.1 lynchee, based on the post I quoted, this really isn't that difficult Barbs

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

If he never gets converted then we won't have wasted a lynch on him either

Depends on the numbers. If it happened close to the end of the game the switcher could just stop posting as much and how would you tell? If they were going after someone and got switched they could keep going, bus their new wolf buddy and have prefect villager cred. In my opinion, there's too much uncertainty to Boromir staying alive. It's not players who win its teams and as villagers we should be playing in the villages best interests.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Thank this post if you would be around at 6:30 to submit an FFA. I’ll even compile them though it probably won’t be in a fancy table as I’m on my phone.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

If Boromir reveals today, whats the consensus we leave them and lynch someone else, may have more chance of getting an actual wolf, albeit, we could also lynch or force reveal a RV. However, if we know who Boromir is, and there is a convert tomorrow (depends on if we are told of a wolf convert or cult convert), then we could be pretty sure it was him and we lynch him.

If we know and the wolves know who Boromir is, would the wolves be bother converting him as they will know they will be lynch right away?

Thoughts?

That’s a serious risk to take Oisin and one I don’t think I’m prepared to take. He either reveals or he doesn’t. We don’t get told when a conversion takes place.

Jake WW wrote: »
    Thank this post if you would be around at 6:30 to submit an FFA. I’ll even compile them though it probably won’t be in a fancy table as I’m on my phone.

Hell Ill do one now,

Babaras #FFA1

1. Conor - Wants to start push for Frank, but doesnt want to do it himself. His "Frank for Lynch?" post looks like a wolf asking the question in order for someone else to lead the wagon on Frank. Id rather him just commit to it first by saying "I like Frank for the Lynch". He didnt do that. Conor for me.

2. Frank - Hell, I like Phils thinking. Its a good spot and Ill commit to it (unlike Conor). Franks trying to single a conversion by the bad guys here in my eyes.

No third

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Depends on the numbers. If it happened close to the end of the game the switcher could just stop posting as much and how would you tell? If they were going after someone and got switched they could keep going, bus their new wolf buddy and have prefect villager cred. In my opinion, there's too much uncertainty to Boromir staying alive. It's not players who win its teams and as villagers we should be playing in the villages best interests.

Kill the guy who's acting differently after the failed kill, at Lylo you've a 50% chance of voting correctly so just pick the less consistent one.

Kill the guy who's acting differently after the failed kill, at Lylo you've a 50% chance of voting correctly so just pick the less consistent one.

What flawed logic.

giphy.gif

Well there goes the idea of all declaring FFAs at the same time.

• Advertisement

What’s with Mary Poppins?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

If Boromir reveals today, whats the consensus we leave them and lynch someone else, may have more chance of getting an actual wolf, albeit, we could also lynch or force reveal a RV. However, if we know who Boromir is, and there is a convert tomorrow (depends on if we are told of a wolf convert or cult convert), then we could be pretty sure it was him and we lynch him.

If we know and the wolves know who Boromir is, would the wolves be bother converting him as they will know they will be lynch right away?

Thoughts?

Knowing who they are and not lynching them does sound like the better plan.
    We know who Boromir is, and maybe they get killed by Balrog or poisoned by blade, but either way, their threat of ruining us by being converted is over. We can keep them alive until we are stumped for a lynch or have time limited prize bullets or some other extra kill but we just never trust them so they can't send us down rabbit holes.

If boromir is out in the open and you don't know if he's converted (or to which team) you have to lynch him, so it buys both evil teams a day. On the other hand, it lets you know what kind of Balrog we're dealing with :)

There will be an anti-claim mechanic more than likely to make it worth his while staying hidden. Like he's a one shot MAD BG for Merry and Pippin?

Thoughts?

I highly doubt we'd be told any converts, we already know that cult conversions won't be announced, and if we were to be notified of Nazgul/wolf conversion then everyone would know who the only two candidates are

If Boromir comes out, I say we lynch him tonight. If he doesn't then obviously we go by FFA instead and hope he stays hidden

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    That’s a serious risk to take Oisin and one I don’t think I’m prepared to take. He either reveals or he doesn’t. We don’t get told when a conversion takes place.

Well if he does reveal today, at least we will know who he is weather he is converted or not. We have something to fall back on later in the game. If he doesnt reveal, we will never know.

It's a choice he needs to make himself.

What flawed logic.

giphy.gif

Do tell

Eva WW wrote: »
    I highly doubt we'd be told any converts, we already know that cult conversions won't be announced, and if we were to be notified of Nazgul/wolf conversion then everyone would know who the only two candidates are

Yeah - It says in point 9 cult rules that we are not told about night time conversions. Sauron and Sarumans's actions are both night time.

Well if he does reveal today, at least we will know who he is weather he is converted or not. We have something to fall back on later in the game. If he doesnt reveal, we will never know.

It's a choice he needs to make himself.

If he doesn't reveal today, we can't trust the reveal at all

We don’t have a priest, do we? So we couldn’t know if Boromir had been converted and whether their posts were pro or anti village.

If he comes out but we don’t lynch, they are just here for the ride for a little while but can never make endgame. Crappy for whoever has the role and do feel bad about them being the pawn in this game.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

We only have to worry about this if Boromir comes out which tbh I don't think he will, but if he does it's gotta be because he wants to help the village and we would have to kill him before he can be fully converted. No other way around his issue imo.

Not sure if we can read too much into who drove the Boro talk though in terms of that meaning they are bad, it's a valid point of discussion imo but one we can only have a say in if that player thinks he's a liability to the teamwhich he wants to represent (the village).

Advertisement