Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Wolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

no way to know if Arwen would even follow suite if we voted on who to save but unless one of them does something to thrust themselves into either a good or bad column then i'll leave it to the Elven lass. That said I'm not sure what else we have to focus on right now given Tom Bombidol was explained and Barbara has been resolved. At least the village still have the ring and did I miss where it was stated in the OP but I seem to remember people suggesting only Frodo & Boromir could turn Nazgul or can Sam now after inheriting all things Frodo?

Desmond WW wrote: »
    The timing of Eva’s made it seem like Oisin was the Balrog so maybe the wolves wanted to kill it?

unfortunately we now know that's not the case but yeah I don't see anything to suggest he was killed because he was neccesarily onto something that needed to be shut down.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    no way to know if Arwen would even follow suite if we voted on who to save but unless one of them does something to thrust themselves into either a good or bad column then i'll leave it to the Elven lass. That said I'm not sure what else we have to focus on right now given Tom Bombidol was explained and Barbara has been resolved. At least the village still have the ring and did I miss where it was stated in the OP but I seem to remember people suggesting only Frodo & Boromir could turn Nazgul or can Sam now after inheriting all things Frodo?

Why wouldn't Arwen follow suit if we picked someone.

We pick someone and no one claims a role its likely we have 2 NRVs or a roled villager who is still under cover and getting saved

Or we pick someone and the other person comes out and claims a role then we have info.

It just potential saves a roled player having to out themselves in case of poisoning I've no idea why people are against it tbh

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

There's merit to the voting idea. If you're an RV and it looks like you're being left to die you can reveal and keep yourself useful for another turn, two if the BG is able. If you're an RV and you see you're safe then you say nothing and live to fight another day.

Arwen doesn't say anything, just reads the thread and acts. Doesn't even have to follow the village if they have a better read on who is she is choosing from.

Derry WW wrote: »
    Why wouldn't Arwen follow suit if we picked someone.

If they have an opposing opinion to the group and decide it's their call. If people vote on it, I'll weight in but it's Arwen's unltimate decision and tbh right now I don't think i'd know who to vote to save but we have time yet

• Advertisement

If they have an opposing opinion to the group and decide it's their call. If people vote on it, I'll weight in but it's Arwen's unltimate decision and tbh right now I don't think i'd know who to vote to save but we have time yet

The votes should just be random to not give any info away.

If we dont do the vote a person who is roled will most likely have to come out for arguements sake we will say 100% of the time.

If we do the random vote a person who is roled will only have to out themselves 50% of the time in a random vote.

I feel like I'm clogging up the thread with this so I'll leave it here but if 5 people want to give a random vote then go ahead and we can resolve it by 2 oclock and move on

You're not voting on who you want to save. Just pick a name and go with it. If at say 2000 one person is ahead then Arwen has her guide to who she should save. Gives any poisoned RV a chance to speak up and save themselves.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Des why these two?

And why the weird string of antagonistic posts with Brendan and Eva, a bunch of them adding nothing, its odd villager play

Brendan says his free for all is from rendom.org. The whole point of ffa is to give an indication of your thoughts and he gets a free pass for that ?

Brendan and Eva were both targeting me and Barbra and since I knew I was a goodie and I believed Barbra was Frodo I felt they should be lynched.

The antagonistic stuff? Well Eva lol’d at me and Brendan asked what I was doing, both acting like I’m stupid, why, because they can’t even understand a vote result sheet.

At the end of the day it mattered little as the village decided to first lynch and then vig Frodo. I’d say the baddies room is a great laugh at the minute.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

The votes should just be random to not give any info away.

If we dont do the vote a person who is roled will most likely have to come out for arguements sake we will say 100% of the time.

If we do the random vote a person who is roled will only have to out themselves 50% of the time in a random vote.

I feel like I'm clogging up the thread with this so I'll leave it here but if 5 people want to give a random vote then go ahead and we can resolve it by 2 oclock and move on

Makes sense to me, by random voting we are giving the person that might have a role a 50/50 chance of not having to out themselves which is better than doing nothing

Angus WW wrote: »
    Morning folks. Trying to catch up now

How's that catch up going Angus?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Did you find that other post Jake?

Have you thoughts on any of the players bar your coasty FFA? Youve the most posts in game but the vast majority are just conjecture on mechanics or offering ideas or to collate ffas, you don't seem to do any questioning or really interact with other players, Clodaghs FFA had it well
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    FFA1
    Jake - On an earlier read through came across as fence sitting and then to follow up with his FFA makes it read like FFAing people who will offer little resistence.

Yes, I did find it Conor and it’s one of those posts that screw a good person over as easily as nab a baddie. For now I’m keeping it to myself but I have it noted.

You may say my FFA was coasty but I’m not just going to go along with everyone else for the sake of it. I have my concerns about Abigail and that’s who I voted for. The others need to up their game whatever their alignment. I was never going to vote Barbara last night but I will be looking at all those who did at some stage today.

Where I’m sitting, yesterday was a new type of day what with having a lynch first. I’m used to basing my suspicions off who was killed, who interacted with who and more importantly, who isn’t interacting with who.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Brendan says his free for all is from rendom.org. The whole point of ffa is to give an indication of your thoughts and he gets a free pass for that ?

I mean the FFA cane in at 10am, no reasons and asking for people to give opinions on it, heading the post as "bait" was the only way to make it more obvious
    Brendan and Eva were both targeting me and Barbra and since I knew I was a goodie and I believed Barbra was Frodo I felt they should be lynched.

Sure we'll get nowhere if your best bet at a wolf is a player who thinks your suspicious, is that your best so far for suspicions on players?
    The antagonistic stuff? Well Eva lol’d at me and Brendan asked what I was doing, both acting like I’m stupid, why, because they can’t even understand a vote result sheet.

At the end of the day it mattered little as the village decided to first lynch and then vig Frodo. I’d say the baddies room is a great laugh at the minute.

That's fair, I had only reread from your iso, makes a lot more sense with full context.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Why target us?

Who did Frank and I FFA.

POSTER TIME A B C
    Frank 18:30 Barbara Gertrude Henry
    Tegan 20:21 Brendan Jake

Poster is a link to post.

Gertrude
    Henry
    Brendan
    Jake

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Merry and Pippin – two mischievous hobbits who share a backroom. They have a number of tricks up their sleeve to aid the village. Unfortunately should one be killed, the other will fall into a deep depression and lose access to these abilities.

Guys this is totally left of field but is there any downside to Pippin coming out now that Merry is dead? Is says in the OP that they have no abilities so they are effectively NRV. But since the roles of players are revealed on thread they can come out and we can be reasonably confident they are who they say they are? Means one villager as close to confirmed as can be?

Of course downside is they may have a target on their head and they reduce pool of players for others to hide but I think the benefit of even one cleared villager outweighs the bad. And no offense but if Pippin is killed it’s no different to any other NRV.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Back for a while. Some thoughts

1. Arwen is an interesting role. The poison is in effect a 0.5 kill per night for the baddies. If Arwen successfully saves that's a bonus, however either way, we need at some point to start linking who's been targeted to reasons why

2. FFa's last night were a bit of a disaster between Barbara's reveal and boards being on the blink. Broadly the votes were either Barbara or within a players ffa as far as I can tell.

3. It would be useful to have an idea when people voted. Tegan and Derry in p[articular can you tell us when you placed your votes. I'd also be keen to know reasons for voting for lynching an uncountered role claim after it was made

Doris WW wrote: »
    Merry and Pippin – two mischievous hobbits who share a backroom. They have a number of tricks up their sleeve to aid the village. Unfortunately should one be killed, the other will fall into a deep depression and lose access to these abilities.

Guys this is totally left of field but is there any downside to Pippin coming out now that Merry is dead? Is says in the OP that they have no abilities so they are effectively NRV. But since the roles of players are revealed on thread they can come out and we can be reasonably confident they are who they say they are? Means one villager as close to confirmed as can be?

Of course downside is they may have a target on their head and they reduce pool of players for others to hide but I think the benefit of even one cleared villager outweighs the bad. And no offense but if Pippin is killed it’s no different to any other NRV.

its an interesting idea - we know they're alive and any counterclaim bags us a wolf for a villager effectively. Only they know if there's a reason to stay hidden but its worth considering.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

1. Arwen is an interesting role. The poison is in effect a 0.5 kill per night for the baddies. If Arwen successfully saves that's a bonus, however either way, we need at some point to start linking who's been targeted to reasons why

2. FFa's last night were a bit of a disaster between Barbara's reveal and boards being on the blink. Broadly the votes were either Barbara or within a players ffa as far as I can tell.

3. It would be useful to have an idea when people voted. Tegan and Derry in p[articular can you tell us when you placed your votes. I'd also be keen to know reasons for voting for lynching an uncountered role claim after it was made

Its better if you read it yourself instead of me repeating what has already been said.

Taking Babs at face value for now, need to think on that a little more.

#FFA1
    Derry - Lots of nothing posts, mechanics discussion, doesn't enter discussion of players or ask any Q's. There's a few others I could FFA for this tbh but Derry has the highest post count of them, so potentially trying to keep his fluffed.
    Oisin - the continually pushing the reveal of Boromir is more telling than the original, floating leaving him alive is worse again IMO
    Frank - Mainly over the "hi I'm Boromir post", hes quite dismissive of posts pointing fingers at him, not sure what to make of that. Has had a few good posts after that though and I liked his FFA so I'm conflicted.

Conor, considering I was probably top poster yesterday too, what you said about Derry in your FFA is exactly what you're saying about me now. But I wasn't even in contention yesterday as you specifically said "There's a few others I could FFA for this tbh but Derry has the highest post count of them". Why?
    Did you find that other post Jake?

Have you thoughts on any of the players bar your coasty FFA? Youve the most posts in game but the vast majority are just conjecture on mechanics or offering ideas or to collate ffas, you don't seem to do any questioning or really interact with other players, Clodaghs FFA had it well
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    FFA1
    Jake - On an earlier read through came across as fence sitting and then to follow up with his FFA makes it read like FFAing people who will offer little resistence.

Barney92 wrote: »
    Lynch Votes from the Middle Earth Jury

Barbara (13) - Gertrude, Mary, Brendan, Doris, Eva, Liam, Oisin, Frank, Vernon, Abigail, Derry, Tegan, Wendy
    [

Why me and tegan and why me in particular? Why not Wendy. 13 people voted for an outed role.

I voted sometime between 8:30 - 8:50 is my best estimate

Babs claim was all over the place and she also said she couldn't die so what was the harm in testing it

D1 FFAs and Lynch Results
    Jake WW wrote: »
    POSTER TIME A B C
    Brendan 10:05 Barbara Tegan Desmond
    Barbara 12:48 Conor Frank
    Vernon 17:45 Eva Conor Henry
    Gabriel 18:11 Abigail Oisin Wendy
    Phil 18:17 Barbara Oisin Vernon
    18:34 Barbara Reveal
    Conor 18:59 Derry Oisin Frank
    Jake 19:03 Desmond Abigail Henry
    Eva 19:25 Barbara Desmond Frank
    Clodagh 20:30 Barbara Jake Abigail
    Gertrude 20:31 Barbara Frank Doris
    Barney92 wrote: »
    Lynch Votes from the Middle Earth Jury

Barbara (13) - Gertrude, Mary, Brendan, Doris, Eva, Liam, Oisin, Frank, Vernon, Abigail, Derry, Tegan, Wendy
    Abigail (3) - Gabriel, Jake, Clodagh
    Frank (2) - Barbara, Henry
    Brendan (1) - Desmond
    Derry (1) - Conor
    Desmond (1) - Winifred
    Oisin (1) - Phil
    No lynch (1) - Angus

No vote - Fiona

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Why target us?

Who did Frank and I FFA.

POSTER TIME A B C

Poster is a link to post.

Gertrude
    Henry
    Brendan
    Jake

Bearing in mind I'm on the ffa, so this does sound entirely self serving, would that not be a little too obvious?

Poisoning Teagan and Frank focussed today's discussion on Teagan and Frank. Is that taking our attention away from something we were on to last night?

Btw, I'd say they're targeted because Frank is very vocal and a little contentious, highly visible, Teagan less vocal but very focussed. Creates tough choice for Arwen, in terms of how many levels of vizzini reasoning to apply.

Might suggest none of Team Eye are on the ffas, but doesn't mean none of those names are Team Hand.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Just on point 3. It wasn't a usual role in that they could be made evil and also their turning increases the kill count. Frodo had to be killed to avoid this.

Just thinking Barbara said about Sauron being able to see the room today. Maybe Sam shouldnt post there or does he now have access to a seperate room occupied by Sam?

Did you do an FFA? I see you voted Des but can't find your ffa. Assume boards was down at the time? Care to reason it out now?

Fwiw if i was playing at the time I would have voted barbara hands down.

What time did Gertrude and Brendan vote Barbara at? They both had Barbara on FFA but Mary voted in between them and didn't have an FFA.

Jake WW wrote: »
    What time did Gertrude and Brendan vote Barbara at? They both had Barbara on FFA but Mary voted in between them and didn't have an FFA.

If it makes it any clearer If I was to guess I voted sometime around 5pm. Wasn't about in the evening and actually missed Babs reveal until this morning. That said reading through it there was enough confusion around what Babs had to say that I'm not sure if or to whom I might have changed a vote to if I did tbh.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Sorry for the prolonged absence folks, had some RL stuff going on. I'm here now though and have spent the last 2.5 hours reading back through the thread. My head is absolutely spinning but I think I have a decent handle on things. Not sure if we're doing an FFA today or how this majority voting thing will work but from the notes I've made I think most of my suspicions were on Brendan, Clodagh and Mary.

Brendan for being 100% nailed on certain that Babs was lying about the Frodo claim yesterday (post #482) and Mary for her general posting style, a lot of nothing being said (eg post #812 today), Clodagh for the post last night where she said she believed Babs was telling the truth but was going to lynch her anyway. Bull**** wolfy excuse to jump on the Babs bandwagon.

And I know I wasn't here last night to discuss but christ almighty village. You lynched the role claim? FFS

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

As I stated earlier on the thread, i voted around 5.02 last night.

I saw the reveal and did not change my vote as there were enough inconsistencies that I felt it was a fake reveal. I assumed that meant it was a desperate wolf, but I had hoped it was Boromir, that they couldn't claim boromir due to restrictions but were free to lie and that being lynched rather than munched would activate their honourable side (the way the hobbits rejecting him turns him into an Uruk Hai murdering machine in the cartoon)

Tegan WW wrote: »

Interesting, that's 8:52.

Wendy, you seem to have put in a Barbara vote after this with no posts after this but pre lynch (actually you seem fairly quiet around then). Can you talk me through that please?

Why me and tegan and why me in particular? Why not Wendy. 13 people voted for an outed role.

I voted sometime between 8:30 - 8:50 is my best estimate

Babs claim was all over the place and she also said she couldn't die so what was the harm in testing it

Because the two of you form a reference point for when the last vote went in. Hence my last post asking Wendy the question you've just raised

But thank you for the answer also, its also useful

After catching up on everything and

Why did Barbara come out? An explanation on this could clear a lot up. You cannot die by lynch but despite this (lack of fear on that matter) you come out, why? What does the village gain by having you out ?

If I were as powerful as Frodo seems to be and I could not be killed by baddies tomorrow I would not tell everyone, why not let them waste a kill attempt.

I voted to kill babs before going out to work a night shift but even after reading through her reveal I didn’t believe it. The one thing that got me was her surviving the lynch as something like Frodo’s mythril could explain that however it could also be a move by someone who can survive one lynch to get to be a confirmed villager and apparently one who can’t be killed today too.

Think there is some element of beakering going on here at least (as why would a backup like Sam be so necessary for a role that’s invulnerable early on) but I’m going to try to put it to one side today if something else odd happens that warrants focus. Right now I might not trust babs but I’m weary of accidentally getting Frodo killed too so hopefully a baddie instead of our ring bearer comes out next

Mary, this is the first time in the game that you make any reference to Barbara and it's 12 hours after you have voted for her. In neither this nor your post above Re: time of vote, do you give any indication as to why you voted for her.

What's the deal here?

• Advertisement

Interesting, that's 8:52.

Wendy, you seem to have put in a Barbara vote after this with no posts after this but pre lynch (actually you seem fairly quiet around then). Can you talk me through that please?

I was on Vernon but switched at the last minute. Didn't believe Babs claim as it was sloppy and under very little pressure. Also, having Frodo out, if the claim was true, felt like a bad idea as they could be converted gifting extra kills.

Advertisement