Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster v Toulouse - RDS - 12th Jan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

degsie wrote: »
    So good to have a big game in the Rds again. Amazing atmosphere

Totally agree, great atmosphere. I was sitting near TLS fans but they went awful quiet in the 2nd half.

They were some craic early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,486 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

troyzer wrote: »

Still are! Couldn't get them off the booze right now if you tried.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

French fans tend to be good Craic were the lads in leopardskin suits Toulouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

But French teams can still do all of the old razzmatazz stuff. What stops it today is that their season is so long and so conjested with games that their players are all permanently tired and unable to dominate games as they once did in days of old.

well its a long time since I have seen French brilliance , and a lot has to do with the punishing season you speak of - I was all for Professionalism , but think it has been managed poorly by the French , I never thought I'd see the day the Irish playing more adventrous winning rugby than the French - but it has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Stheno wrote: »

Naw, they were mainly English. Presume a stag crew.

• Advertisement

degsie wrote: »

Naw, they were mainly English. Presume a stag crew.

Where were they?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

South stand, down near the front, just behind/left of the posts.

South stand, down near the front, just behind/left of the posts.

Weird, didn't see them. I was on the other side of the South stand further back. Probably too many heads in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,486 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Weird, didn't see them. I was on the other side of the South stand further back. Probably too many heads in the way.

They were camouflaged. That's why you didn't see them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I thought Leinster were outstanding this afternoon, from 1 to 15. It was a privilege to be in the RDS for those few hours earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I saw a couple of people wearing really nice black Adidas down Leinster rugby jackets/coats with a hood, anyone any idea where you can buy these?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RCK1

Yes they were in the supporters club bar after drinking loads of whiskey and high fiving everybody in the room. Fair play to the Toulouse fans, they were great craic. Look forward to the Ireland/France 6N match. The rds was rocking

Brillant win by Leinster, shows what strength in depth Irish rugby has at the moment. I won't like to be Joe trying to pick a squad for the world cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,614 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I saw a couple of people wearing really nice black Adidas down jackets/coats with a good, anyone any idea where you can buy these?

They've the blue ones on lifestyle, but they're €180.

They've the blue ones on lifestyle, but they're €180.

Similar to these but black with a hood, I don't see them online or in the Leinster shop.
    I saw quite a few of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RCK1

I saw a couple of people wearing really nice black Adidas down Leinster rugby jackets/coats with a hood, anyone any idea where you can buy these?

The lifestyle shop on Anglesea stand side seem to have some. Any lifestyle store would probably have them as they are the official retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cantwbr1

Is the match available online anywhere?

RCK1 wrote: »
    The lifestyle shop on Anglesea stand side seem to have some. Any lifestyle store would probably have them as they are the official retailer.

No they only had the normal blue ones for €180. I've googled it but can't find it anywhere.
    I thought they might be some sort of player issue but I saw a few people wearing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

They’re staff only, not available to buy.

stephen_n wrote: »
    They’re staff only, not available to buy.

Shame that, I think they'd be a great seller, I'd certainly buy one.
    One of the things I was looking forward to when the Adidas deal was announced was a nice range of branded wear like Munster have had since they went with Adidas but I have to say I'm underwhelmed at the selection of items available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

One of the things I was looking forward to when the Adidas deal was announced was a nice range of branded wear like Munster have had since they went with Adidas but I have to say I'm underwhelmed at the selection of items available.

Sure they’d probably be about €250 if they were, going by the other prices.

• Administrators Posts: 53,509 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Dave Kearney’s finish was try of the game for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

awec wrote: »

Bookmarking this for when you're crying about Daverage taking Wee Jacob's place in the World Cup squad.

You heard it here first

• Administrators Posts: 53,509 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Bookmarking this for when you're crying about Daverage taking Wee Jacob's place in the World Cup squad.

You heard it here first

Dream on former baby x.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭jacothelad

awec wrote: »

I think the tackler was very lucky not to be yellow carded for his cynical tackle in the air. It should have been a penalty try but it was a sensational finish.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

DK has been excellent all season.

Interesting game. Really the textbook example of just smothering a team. Haven't read the thread yet but my own thoughts:

Very little continuity in the backs, probably to be expected given it's a new line up. After the first 25 minutes our pack started holding onto the ball a lot more and it wore Toulouse down pretty quickly, they were out on their feet by 60 minutes. It was good to see that when the pack were carrying through phases the backs weren't afraid to make a pick and go in traffic and Larmour in particular made yardage on a couple of occasions carrying from the base. It's relentless and put's Toulouse under very uncomfortable pressure.

McGrath had a good game, passed it high off the ruck a few too many times for comfort. Was a menace though and his support work is unreal. He looks to have done serious enough trauma. He was immediately in a bad way and made absolutely no effort to try and move. I'd be hoping it's no more than a 3 month layoff but that could very easily be a season ender.

Ross Byrne had a similarly nervy game but he made one or two nice (very Sextonesque) outside breaks as second or third receiver in the first half which is a new enough addition to his repertoire. Relented control to the pack for the middle chunk of the game but then delivered the game winning score. Kearney's try was just unbelievably accurate. You talk about a team being clinical and that's exactly what you mean.

Back three were solid, some errors in handling but overall a tight performance and took their chances. Dave and Adam's stock will both have gone up and I thought Larmour had a real nuts and bolts fullback performance with a few timely carries. Ringrose was certainly the pick of the backs with a very complete performance but the motm really should have gone to a forward. Furlong and Conan were huge in the first half and both second rows carried that performance, Fardy had his game of the season so far and Ryan just keeps delivering. Ruddock had his best game of the season.

That must have been an awful experience for Toulouse. They were rocking into town in terrific form and Leinster just shut them down. It ultimately wasn't a great game because Leinster just refused to let Toulouse play. Toulouse did well all things considered and kept with it until 70 minutes but couldn't get out of their half and almost never got into Leinsters 22.

They looked dejected at full time and you can appreciate why, over the course of the game I'd imagine they lost a lot of territory in possession. They were going backwards.

The ref probably should have given Toulouse a card towards the end of the first half and on 57 minutes I swear he should have carded that medic for silly buggers. Has there been any chatter about it?

Ringrose and Conan both looked to be carrying knocks during the game and our kolpak problem just became more severe. Still that's an ugly performance and no one will be relishing playing Leinster on home turf.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Eprc predicting an exciting new Leinster half back partnership pre game today.

DwwGAM-W0AIii2D?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Haven't watched the game back, so I won't post-mortem it, but the first thing I will say is I'm delighted that Adam Byrne and Dave Kearney got decisive tries. Byrne must have had a hard year or so dropping down the pecking, but he's bounced back well and had a solid game today. In the other direction Dave must have felt it with injuries and dropping down the pecking order for various reasons, looking at lads he realistically can't hope to supplant, but he pops up today with a superb take and finish. Kudos to both of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭maddness

I’m really disappointed with the adidas gear, the jerseys in particular are awful quality.

Advertisement