Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster v Toulouse - RDS - 12th Jan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

He was blatantly taking the piss. It's Venjur, ffs.

Going to take a leaf out of Thomond's book now, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

He was blatantly taking the piss. It's Venjur, ffs.

Going to take a leaf out of Thomond's book now, I think.

Yes and I know a little more about Ventura than other posters on here and his motives in posting hence my pulling him up on it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Go on, spill.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Already have in previous posts. Won't make accusations that can't be backed up with evidence any more. What matters is that he knows and I know who and what he is

Mod - banned for a month. This sort of thing really isn't acceptable.

Really? Are you talking about your unhinged comments referring to him as a racist rural dweller?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Heymans wrote: »
    Yes and I know a little more about Ventura than other posters on here and his motives in posting hence my pulling him up on it

Is that because you and Ventura are the same person?

You've been rumbled mate

• Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Can’t know too much more as you got his name wrong. You didn’t pull him up on anything you missed a ridiculously obvious joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Otherwise I would bet my house on Earls starting ahead of Kearney in the 6 nations.

Mmmm. The Dave question is not seriously open for discussion since he has too little recent high level rugby under his belt. And could also be moot though if Larmour starts ahead of Earlsie.

The bottom line in this 6N though is that selections will not indicate pecking order as they normally would. There is going to be a bit of rotation in the name of development rather than out and out 1st choices. We will only see those in the Autumn.

• Administrators Posts: 53,652 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Stop responding to his posts, he is taking a break.

My pet detective days are over it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

My pet detective days are over it seems.

Now if Leo the lion is kidnapped who will find him, if not you Ventura?

salmocab wrote: »
    Now if Leo the lion is kidnapped who will find him, if not you Ventura?

The neighbours and I occasionally hunt the local wildlife, foxes, hares, immigrants - the usual, so am sure we can spare a few hounds to hunt down a stray mascot!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

maddness wrote: »
    I’m really disappointed with the adidas gear, the jerseys in particular are awful quality.

Don't know about the quality of any of the products, I've only bought a beany hat. I'm just disappointed about the range of products, there's a lot of stuff you could wear to a game or training but not a lot in the way of smart casual wear you could wear out unlike the range of nice Munster gear that's available.
    It's a pity that the only half decent thing I've seen is reserved for "the staff"...?
    Who's decision was that...?
    How many "staff" do we even have..?
    Looks like my old Canterbury jacket is going to have to postpone it's retirement for another couple of seasons...

maddness wrote: »
    I’m really disappointed with the adidas gear, the jerseys in particular are awful quality.

Don't know about the quality of any of the products, I've only bought a beany hat. I'm just disappointed about the range of products, there's a lot of stuff you could wear to a game or training but not a lot in the way of smart casual wear you could wear out unlike the range of nice Munster gear that's available.
    It's a pity that the only half decent thing I've seen is reserved for "the staff"...?
    Who's decision was that...?
    How many "staff" do we even have..?
    Looks like my old Canterbury jacket is going to have to postpone it's retirement for another couple of seasons...

It's very poor quality and there's a limited range. Huge dud of a deal so far.

Yes I would say his post was an attempt at trolling not mine. He stated "whisper it quietly" and then cryptically said "whoosh" to cover his blatant attempt at touting Kearney. He said whisper as an attempt to suggest he knew something which other posters didn't know. If it was a joke it was a very dubious one with intent to suggest he knew something which I don't believe was an accident. Blatant attempt at trolling by "joking" that Kearney was better than Earls. Edit trolling is all how you view a persons motives in posting rubbish

I think you might actually be the genius troll here. How deep can we go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

My thoughts on the game yesterday was that Toulouse decided to go for strength and size against what they thought was going to be a weakened and smaller side but they eventually just ran out of steam, they looked dead on their feet after fifty minutes.
    Their backs did well in creating the space to make some decent breaks but thankfully most of them came to nothing due to great defensive work or poor decision making on their part.
    Once they started to flag the door was open and it could easily have turned into a routine.
    They tried everything to slow the game down to a pace that suited them and the referee should have come down harder on them for that.
    They looked like a pretty average side yesterday, I still don't know how we managed to let them beat us in Toulouse...

Buer wrote: »
    They had a maul which walked us back about 15m in our half. I think that was an attack that ended up with them throwing a forward pass on the Leinster 22.
    I checked and that happened at 23minutes so in fairness, I was wrong - I thought it happened after the half hour mark.

I don't see how anyone could think the game became more competitive between 30 and 60 which is the period when Leinster actually dominated and scored 3 tries. The only period when the game was competitive was the opening half hour.
    Toulouse never looked like scoring in the first 30 minutes outside of one driving maul. After the half hour mark the game opened up and there was at least the potential for them to score. Competing /=/ winning.
    Possession is a very misleading stat if it doesn't lead to scores or gains. Munster dominated possession when they lost in the Avvia this season, for example but Leinster were the more dangerous side.
    Sure, but what's that got to do with you claiming "Did they have their eyes closed for the first 30 minutes when Toulouse looked far more powerful, were making yards at will and Leinster were just about hanging in there?"?

Toulouse weren't making yards at will, struggled just as much as Leinster did at breaking the gain line and did so while having almost no possession. Leinster's forwards looked just as powerful outside of one dodgy scrum and tackling was just as energetic and forceful.

Feel free to rewatch the match or even read any of the after match reports, none of them in any way synch up with what you and you alone are arguing.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Has Dave Kearney ever played at fullback? I would prefer Larmour to play on the wing.

* squeaks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    Has Dave Kearney ever played at fullback? I would prefer Larmour to play on the wing.

* squeaks

Yes, played a couple of games there this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

foxyladyxx wrote: »

* squeaks

A good few times, I think a few times at start of season

A few times last seasons as well

But doesn’t matter, Joe wants Larmour at 15, he will be playing at 15 when Kearney is not available in big matchs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Buer wrote: »
    They had a maul which walked us back about 15m in our half. I think that was an attack that ended up with them throwing a forward pass on the Leinster 22.
    I checked and that happened at 23minutes so in fairness, I was wrong - I thought it happened after the half hour mark.

I don't see how anyone could think the game became more competitive between 30 and 60 which is the period when Leinster actually dominated and scored 3 tries. The only period when the game was competitive was the opening half hour.
    Toulouse never looked like scoring in the first 30 minutes outside of one driving maul. After the half hour mark the game opened up and there was at least the potential for them to score. Competing /=/ winning.
    Possession is a very misleading stat if it doesn't lead to scores or gains. Munster dominated possession when they lost in the Avvia this season, for example but Leinster were the more dangerous side.
    Sure, but what's that got to do with you claiming "Did they have their eyes closed for the first 30 minutes when Toulouse looked far more powerful, were making yards at will and Leinster were just about hanging in there?"?

Toulouse weren't making yards at will, struggled just as much as Leinster did at breaking the gain line and did so while having almost no possession. Leinster's forwards looked just as powerful outside of one dodgy scrum and tackling was just as energetic and forceful.

Feel free to rewatch the match or even read any of the after match reports, none of them in any way synch up with what you and you alone are arguing.

Fair enough!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

This thread has really set the cat among the pigeons, or um, ferret

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    A good few times, I think a few times at start of season

A few times last seasons as well

But doesn’t matter, Joe wants Larmour at 15, he will be playing at 15 when Kearney is not available in big matchs

Am sure Joe can change his mind

If Toulouse had been able to send the ball high to Larmour on Saturday they could have put Ireland in a lot of trouble.

Dave K was so good under that high ball and has a better physical presence than Larmour

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Thought Leinster's protection of the ball yday was phenomenal, Toulouse never even got a sniff of a turnover

leakyboots wrote: »
    Thought Leinster's protection of the ball yday was phenomenal, Toulouse never even got a sniff of a turnover

The ferocity of some of those clearouts.

bOnE sHaTtErInG pHySiCaLiTy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

troyzer wrote: »

They're a tough bunch. Josh van der Flier was out playing golf this morning in pissing rain and howling gales. :D

prawnsambo wrote: »
    troyzer wrote: »

They're a tough bunch. Josh van der Flier was out playing golf this morning in pissing rain and howling gales. :D

Top lad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

So happy with this result, moreso that so many of the 'b' team got to prove their worth and are stand-up candidates for next years 'a' team.

Well done to all !!!!

Steve wrote: »
    So happy with this result, moreso that so many of the 'b' team got to prove their worth and are stand-up candidates for next years 'a' team.

Well done to all !!!!

You could see how much it meant Byrne in particular.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Josh van der Flier was out playing golf this morning in pissing rain and howling gales. :D

Shows he was coasting yesterday, as confirmed by his risible tackle effort :
    Biggest tackle counts were in the forwards (obviously), although Ross Byrne, ROL and Ringrose had 10, 9, 10 respectively. Jack Conan had 14, JvdF 12, Ruddock 15 (although missed 6 :eek:), Fardy 14 and Ryan 16. Ed Byrne and Andrew Porter had 11 each in 20 minutes and James Tracy had 9.

Advertisement