Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Times Ireland/Sunday Times Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Irish Times weekend option is a good price imo:

€20 per month
    Irish Times Sat - print delivered
    + All Digital Access + ePaper
    + nytimes.com and the NYTimes app

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'm gonna stick with it. The Sunday Times should be close enough to same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Cerco

You should subscribe to Readly for those

Or free access via public library apps..RBdigital

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105482221

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

Irish Times weekend option is a good price imo:

€20 per month
    Irish Times Sat - print delivered
    + All Digital Access + ePaper
    + nytimes.com and the NYTimes app

Not as good as it sounds. If you don't live in a big city or much beyond The Pale you cannot get the weekend paper edition delivered.

They are basically cutting the vast majority of staff for the daily edition....

Wonder what that means for the daily content...

Three people to be left after cuts

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.rte.ie/amp/1050863/&ved=2ahUKEwisvYvyoLHiAhXI5KQKHQgpD_4QFjAKegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3XD3AgyiRrzd9YxV08mA6J&ampcf=1

• Advertisement

The other thing is I'm not as focused on the Irish content as others in this thread seem to be. I usually jump to T2 first thing and then maybe flick through Comments. I might very well keep up the subscription even if there was no specifically Irish coverage at all...

That is increasingly going to be the case for the daily edition due to the cuts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Before anyone subscribers to what little is left of Irish journalism in this package, have some consideration for the awful way News UK (Sunday Times/Times owner) has treated staff ...https://twitter.com/AarRogan/status/1131279012062552070?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 16,026 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

glasso wrote: »
    They are basically cutting the vast majority of staff for the daily edition....

Wonder what that means for the daily content...

Three people to be left after cuts

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.rte.ie/amp/1050863/&ved=2ahUKEwisvYvyoLHiAhXI5KQKHQgpD_4QFjAKegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3XD3AgyiRrzd9YxV08mA6J&ampcf=1

Be like one of those political parties with four or five TDs that still insist on having a spokesperson for everything. Each of the three will presumably have to cover a huge field of news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

JTMan wrote: »
    Before anyone subscribers to what little is left of Irish journalism in this package, have some consideration for the awful way News UK (Sunday Times/Times owner) has treated staff ...https://twitter.com/AarRogan/status/1131279012062552070?s=19

Yeah, the Irish Times are real paragons of virtue when it comes to treating staff well. Just ask Paddy Agnew @PaddyAgnew who was dismissed after 31 years as Rome Correspondent https://www.irishcentral.com/news/paddy-agnew-irish-times

The Irish Times maintained that he could not have been dismissed from his position as he never held the role of Rome Correspondent. Over the past 30 years, Agnew’s articles regularly appeared on page 12 of the newspaper as well as over 200 of his stories making the front-page of the Times.

Wouldn't wipe my arse with that rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Anyone having issues with paper not loading two days now just blank screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

torrevieja wrote: »

Working on my phone ok

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

I had this. Deleted and reinstalled and works fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Dr. Nick wrote: »

Working on my phone ok
    Same

Whats phone number to cancel subscription folks plz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

I wouldnt be at all surprised if, when the 'closure' happens that they revert to pre-IRE edition and ship in/print here the UK edition sans Irish content. They sold circa 2,800 copies before the rebranding which would net them in or around 800k p.a - nobody wants to leave that on the table.

Anyway, 800k would be enough to cover redundancies!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Whats phone number to cancel subscription folks plz

See here: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/static/contact-us/?region=ie
    If you’re in the Republic of Ireland please dial:
    From your mobile: 015360818
    Free from your landline: 1800949687

Yet another service that lets you sign up online but does not let you cancel online. There should be a law that states that if a company lets you sign up online then it must let you cancel online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tony H

JTMan wrote: »
    See here: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/static/contact-us/?region=ie

Yet another service that lets you sign up online but does not let you cancel online. There should be a law that states that if a company lets you sign up online then it must let you cancel online.

I cancelled this morning and it took nearly 20minutes to cancel , really annoying to have to explain over and over that the content just isn’t what you want and you just want to cancel , got really sulky towards the end and kept saying its just €5 and are you certain you want to cancel , anyway you should be able to cancel online

I rang Tuesday and there was a bit of let’s have @ look etc anyway they offered me two offers two months free or 6 months half price

• Registered Users Posts: 10,275 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just in process of cancelling now. Had to get cranky to tell them I don't want to go through why I want to cancel, I told them it's because they are closing their print edition and letting most of their staff go, he was telling me there's a 30 day consultation process and they will then announce what they have planned. I said no thanks, just cancel, he got the message and put me on hold while everything loads.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

sweetie wrote: »
    I re-signed up with payment coming from my three phone credit.

How do you do this? Do you have to phone and cancel first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

dulpit wrote: »
    Just in process of cancelling now. Had to get cranky to tell them I don't want to go through why I want to cancel, I told them it's because they are closing their print edition and letting most of their staff go, he was telling me there's a 30 day consultation process and they will then announce what they have planned. I said no thanks, just cancel, he got the message and put me on hold while everything loads.:rolleyes:

So what happened in the end. I'm in contract until Nov paying half price

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Tazz T wrote:
    How do you do this? Do you have to phone and cancel first?

Yes

So what happened in the end. I'm in contract until Nov paying half price

Oh they just cancelled, it finished for me about a week later based on when my payment date was. I was in a rolling monthly contract though...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I rang to cancel, should I expect to be on hold for a long time?

I rang to cancel, should I expect to be on hold for a long time?

They try to give you the runaround with offers/etc. If you just get firm and tell them you want to cancel and don't want any offers, you'll be on hold for 3-4 minutes while they process (or at least that's what I had to go through).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I have been a long time subscriber since the iPad / boss offers.
    I was on a half price rate until I notice this month was charged the full price.
    I rang up and got a nice person on the phone who switched me to the €5 a month offer even though I was in contract until end November 18 and will get pro rats refund for the full monthly charge in August

For €5 it’s worth it but not at full price
    The Irish section has been decimated recently. Today it has 7 articles. I know the office has been downgraded but still, I don’t want to have to go back to the crappy independent for my news :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

anyone manage to get this working on a Fire HD 8? I sideloaded play store but when I open the app and login it tells me i'm not subscribed! Works fine on an old ipad mini but that's banjaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭cullenswood

anyone manage to get this working on a Fire HD 8? I sideloaded play store but when I open the app and login it tells me i'm not subscribed! Works fine on an old ipad mini but that's banjaxed.

It works fine on mine.

Careful - you might have downloaded the UK version?

• Advertisement

I have been a long time subscriber since the iPad / boss offers.
    I was on a half price rate until I notice this month was charged the full price.
    I rang up and got a nice person on the phone who switched me to the €5 a month offer even though I was in contract until end November 18 and will get pro rats refund for the full monthly charge in August

For €5 it’s worth it but not at full price
    The Irish section has been decimated recently. Today it has 7 articles. I know the office has been downgraded but still, I don’t want to have to go back to the crappy independent for my news :(

That's an understatement. They fired everybody and hired (or re-hired) 3 to pump out as many articles as possible.

Advertisement