Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Times Ireland/Sunday Times Ireland

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Anyone want to share a year subscription? €72 for 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Half e72?

Interested had it already, got it down to e4.99 a month from memory, if it’s half the 72 yes

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

That's the Irish Times not the Times, Ireland edition.

I think sharing a sub like that outside a genuine household is poor form when it comes the IT - they are not some massive multinational who can take the financial hit like Spotify might be able to.

IT content is written by Irish journalists trying to put food on the table and they deserve to be paid for it like you or I in our jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

For what it's worth I am starting an 𝐈𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 family. For the premium sub, which gives access to the ePaper (an exact facsimile of the paper version) it costs €204 a year, split four ways €51.

Need to have Revolut. PM me if interested.

Sorry thought twas the Brit one, yeah I’m interested in the Irish times

Sorry I’ll renege on that premier deal is better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,690 ✭✭✭ablelocks

start a new Irish Times thread maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

€1 a month for 12 months.

Actually tried to take it up but they were charging £1 instead of €1

Post edited by Chiparus on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

And it being a pound instead of a euro put you off?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Great value, thanks for the heads up.

Yep , that's why I am on bargain alerts, why are you here?

The offer is now €5 for 12 months , €10 a month after

The difference between a pound and a euro is about 17 cent... There's bargain hunting and there's...

Nice thing is not only did I save 17c per month, I saved another 7€ , so 9 euro over the year.

I signed up for the year's subscription one night when I was drunk. I'm actually making great use of it. It's a bit light when it comes to Irish content during the week, but there's plenty of sport, comment, and decent journalism to keep me subscribed when the trial is over. That said, I'm already subscribed to the Irish Times and The Currency, so can't justify paying another tenner for this.

What happens when I reach month 11? Do I have to go through the torture of having to ring a call centre to cancel, or will they offer another sweetener to keep me subscribed?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

I am an existing member paying 9.99 per month and I just phoned them, just said I want to cancel and they will take your account number.

Eventually they get to ask why and said I want to switch to the €5 euro, which they did no problem. After 12 months they switch you to rolling contract of 10 Euro per month, at which stage you will likely see a new deal and repeat. Number I used is 1800949690, select 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

Just signed up this evening for €1 a month for 12 months!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Was on an existing offer of €5 per month for 6 months and last week they increased it to €10 pm on a rolling contract. As I had done previously I rang up to cancel it and following a chat they have put me on their current special offer of €5 for the year (not per month). Because I had paid the €10 last week they said I won't even be paying the €5. For a fiver for the year it is incredible value.

The old Times 'classic' app seems to have stopped working. It was nice as it was more of an epaper format, especially for the Sunday times with all the additional Irish content. Anyway, a minor inconvenience I guess.

seems to be working fine for me on ipad mini 6

i much prefer the classic - i'm on a trial of the new app that is being developed and while it is good, particularly as it gets "live" updates, it doesn't beat the classic for ease of use, formatting and layout (and as you said, the sunday times).

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

Stopped working for me a few days ago - but is now back working again OK.

I'm using Android (Lenovo M10) Tablet.

Mine is also back working. Also android, Samsung galaxy Tab A tablet. Relieved as it is a much better app

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭Glebee

So the Irish daily section is now no more. What they are now offering is a weekly Irish Sunday times edition. I'm on €5 a month rate and while I was happy to pay this, even though I can get it cheaper now am not so much with the treatment of the 11 journalist. Might just leave altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rf1980

not much point given all the good journalists have left now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 blacksea

Yeah, real sad for the journalists and shame to have lost the Irish daily content.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Their cheap subs probably had something to do with it also. I was in the €5 per month package then they changed it to €5 per annum for new customers.

I don't know but I think it's time to look elsewhere, will probably try Irish Examiner or Sunday Business Post.

• Advertisement

i'll be keeping mine assuming the cheap subs remain - outside of the news, the supplements alone make it worthwhile at those prices

such a pity the irish content is gone - which is the exact opposite of what they told me when i renewed in March.

Advertisement