Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Collision on April 6th won't air till midnight due to NCAA Basketball semi finals so it won't go head to head with Wrestlemania either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm fairly sure he was removed after the world's end ppv and he's gone to have surgery

Looks like the free agent MCMG’s are heading to AEW.

Yuta hasn't been cleared for the BCC vs CMLL match in Arena Mexico next Friday.

Matt Sydal will replace him for the match.

The event is a 16k complete sell out.

Updated card.

• Bryan Danielson, Jon Moxley, Claudio Castagnoli & Matt Sydal vs. Volador Jr., Mistico, Blue Panther & Ultimo Guerrero
    • Atlantis Jr. & Soberano Jr. vs. Mascara Dorada & Rocky Romero
    • Stephanie Vaquer, Lluvia & Zeuxis vs. Willow Nightingale, Tessa Blanchard & Catalina
    • Four Way Mask Match: Pequeno Olimpico vs. Pierrothito vs. Acero vs. Angelito
    • CMLL World Light Heavyweight Champion: Barbara Cavernario defends against Averno
    • CMLL National Light Heavyweight Champion Esfinge defends against Zandokan Jr.
    • CMLL National Tag Team Champions Rugido & Magnus defend against Neon & Brillante Jr. 

Nigel has said on a podcast that he has gotten back in a ring last week and felt ok after it.

It's happening All In 2024 Nigel McGuinness vs. The American Dragon.

• Advertisement

Ospreay vs. Shibata tonight is one I’m really looking forward too.

The show opened with a banger and closed with a banger.

Swerve is the man and Ospreay will be the man.

That’s the main event of All In 2024.

I need to see Shibata vs. Takeshita at some stage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

What exactly was the problem with Nigel, why did he have to retire in the first place?

A number of reasons, WWE withdrew a contract offer as they deemed he needed major bicep surgery and he didn't want to return to TNA where he contracted Hep B and his body couldn't continue to work the style he was working at ROH so he chose to retire.

I thnk there may have also been a few concussions as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Ospreay/Shibata and Swerve/Takeshita were so good, lovely stuff. The trios set for Collision looks very tasty too.

Really good episode for me, I hope they keep focusing more on and killing it with the in-ring action rather than too much storyline garbage.

Its getting overshadowed a bit at the moment, cause Mania season is the best it's been in a while, but AEW has been firing on all cylinders for weeks now, which is brilliant.

I really, really hope Swerve gets the title win at Dynasty. It's been a while since I've been so impressed with someone's rise so quickly. He's so good.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Agreed if they don't pull the trigger on him now it will backfire on aew. Also I think for swerve he was able to build himself up slowly, also helps with his in ring abilities but now everyone is behind him.

Also agree the tv shows have been great overall and hopefully they can start improving their live show numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 53,849 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

God damn that was brilliant watch.

They need to stick rocket to Ospreay and push him to the moon. He's a guy you can build a promotion around. He has everything you want. The fans adore him, he's in ring work in the best in the world, he's promo work just sucks you in and it feels it's so refreshing that's not rehearsed, this is just him being himself

I absolutely adore Shibata, he's just a fecking bad ass and his story is just so touching.

That main event, i'm speechless. There's nothing in my vocab to explain how fecking good this was.

AEW is just rocking it. The wrestling is so fecking good

Also a shout out to the commentary team on Dynamite, they have such a great chemistry and just bounce off each other. I particularly love Tazz as he always cracks me up

Osprey vs Swerve is going to be in danage of being very, very overhyped for the Wembley show, but it just screams as havin so much potential to be match of the year. Two of the very best younger (relatively) talents, and you know they’re the type to try and exceed every expectation they create.

Osprey vs Hobbs announced for Dynamite

per Meltzer…

• While no decision has been made, it looks more likely than not that Kenny Omega will be getting surgery on his intestines. He’s had his ups and downs but has largely been dealing with a good amount of pain for months now. He said surgery is becoming more and more likely as two different doctors have told him they think it’s the best option. It’s not 100 percent that he will have surgery but it’s looking more likely, particularly if he wants to get into condition to resume his career that he will probably have to get rid of the perforated sections of his intestine and colon. There is an obvious plan if and when he returns to come back into a feud with Kazuchika Okada, and because of the legendary status of those matches, that becomes a situation where he’s going to want and need to get into top shape. We keep going back to Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Brock Lesnar, who both returned at a high level and both of their situations were very bad as well, but Omega’s situation was legitimately life threatening.

I’d pay to see the CMLL event tonight but it doesn’t appear to be on Fite sadly.

Found a way to watch and what a wrestling show it was the in ring talent on show was fantastic. Willow was having so much fun.

Matt Sydal his high flying style was the right choice to replace Yuta and not being a member of the BCC he took the submission loss for team CMLL to win.

Misitico doing the Yes chant and Bryan doing the No chants had crowd eating out of their hands

The 16k sellout atmosphere was amazing the roof was coming off the place for the main event, I really want to go to Arena Mexico now I’ve added it to my wrestling bucket list.

The American Dragon vs. Blue Panther next Friday in Arena Mexico in I think a hair vs mask match. I couldn’t understand the Spanish commentary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Blue Panther lost his mask years ago, he got special approval from the lucha libre council to wear it for this match.

Ridiculously fun main event, just 8 lads who know what they're doing in front of a crowd that was ready to eat it all up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

Flicked on the tv to watch Collision and it looks like Matt Cardona has answered The Cope Open Challenge.

Pretty unexpected surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Great to see Matt Cardona show uo and have a great match.

FTR no flips just fists having to use a flip to win was great and The Infantary put in a great showing against them.

Ricky looked hurt at the end of the tag match hope he is ok.

Rosa vs. Frost was fantastic.

The swing on Archer was impressive as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Tony Khan's cringey responses to questions about MJF are awful as well. He should go to WWE and make more money and and fame, but it's not for everyone I suppose.

I popped seeing Matt Cardona come out, I'm so happy for Matt, must be a bucket list match to have a match with Adam Copeland after all their history

I'm gutted to see Ricky got injured. We havent seen Starks/Big Bill since Feb 7th, so it just horrible timing :(

I hope we don't see the Infantry on Dynamite anymore. Shawn Dean is just not good enough for this level tbh, he seems to botch quite alot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hadn't seen Matt Cardona in a long time and now see him twice in a week with him showing up in TNA as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

I think the last person to take part in the Cope open will beat Adam and I think that will be S.O.S aka Seamus O’Shaunessy.

Regards,

P.

• Advertisement

AEW have released Dasha Kuret

Advertisement