Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mod Note As a quick follow up, I'm issuing a one week forum ban, for a combination of uncivility towards other posters, and ignoring mod instructions to stop posting in the thread, and just general attempts to derail this thread today. Will continue this discussion via PMs if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,061 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Not once have I ever understood the hype.

All fake swag and no substance.

She has never been a proper draw, never will be a proper draw, and has absolutely hoodwinked everyone into thinking she is. It's been incredible to watch. Fair play to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

OMG The Wrestler vs The American Dragon announced for tomorrow nights Collision

Shitaba vs Danielson is another dream match for pro wrestling fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,849 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Great to see Shibata back.

It feels with this Roster there's always going to be an insane match on every show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It's great but again no build and announced the day before. I think if they wish to build up ratings there needs to be less of this as well as effectively squash matches where the outcome is never in doubt. Collision suffers bad from it typically.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,833 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It's mad alright - AEW is like a weird paradox, in that I always watch it, but rarely look forward to it. The quality is always huge, and I know i'll be treated to some great action, but there's very little emotional engagement for most of it. I really enjoy it when it's on, but for the most part I just don't think about it when I'm not watching it.

Darby broke his foot in the match vs White, and as such, has announced he now can’t do the Everest climb this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

I just realised there was no St. Patrick's Day Slam in AEW this year.

I guess because of Big Business but could have had a themed Rampage or Collision maybe.

Takeshita vs Komander right there as the banger of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So we get to hear from Mercedes on next week's Dynamite. Hope someone interrupts her sooner than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It's worse than I thought for tonight even - pretty sure we can all pick the winners here and the other match is PAC/Komander. Some solid matches for sure but zero stakes really and no interesting story going into any of these. Maybe Kyle loses his first match back sending him back to Roddy and the guys? I doubt they'll even do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Dynamite is the only show that matters. Rampage and Collision is just heatless, feudless stuff like above.

Never even heard of that Trish Adora one so I checked her on Cagematch. She has lost her last 10 matches in a row in AEW/ROH and gets a title match. May as well be the 24/7 title with that kind of booking.

Trish is a member of the Infantry as well. With them here and the Righteous getting a video on Rampage, maybe they're trying to bring more RoH talent to the other shows.

The Wrestler vs. The American Dragon was brilliant the welts they have let on each other damn they are going be sore today and Shibata even pulled out the Bitchmaker, Okada will be taking notice of that.

Danielson really is having a final fultime dream run of matches and he has fully embraced pulling out the Yes chants.

Trish Adora doing the splits on top of Julia Hart doing the splits was an impressive bit of athleticism.

Daniel Garcia vs Lee Moriarty was nice fun match up, those two are just great pro wrestlers.

The Bastard PAC didn't miss saying his prayers and taking his vitamins when he was away recoving form nearly popping his clogs, He is just a great Bastard with the intensity he brings.

Claudio vs Archer two big men slapping meat was really fun then the run in's and looks like Shibata could be joining the BCC that's a good fit.

Nice to see Kyle O'Rielly back in the ring after two year and Bryan Keith was a good pick for him to have it with, Keith could be a fun midcard heel.

Good upset with the Infantry beating the HoB thanks to Briscoe.

Mrs Foley's baby boy, I Quit!

Any time the face in an "I Quit" match says the words in a promo, I expect the recording to be used in the match like Rock vs Mankind.

Maybe I'm just noticing it now, but how long has the ring apron been that wide?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I saw someone compare AEW with big money to Saudi or MLS leagues and seems fair comparison

I am shocked though Mercedes Sasha would be highest paid female wrestler ever now, I find her over rated also and least popular of 4 horse women, Charlotte for all her flack, is a great heel and in ring psychologist if that makes sense, in her calling a match, putting on a top match

Toni got herself to top with a great gimmick

Only so much bo$$ ceo as a face can do, joining with TYB Elite as a heel would be better imho for Mercy Sasha, probably disrespectful but I am so used to her as Sasha

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

I read on X she is paid $1m a week after tax making her the highest paid female sports star in the world ever seems “Legit” and about right to me social media never lies.

Regards,

P..

Looks like the Triple Crown is going to be broken up with Eddie taking on Okada on Wednesday and Mark Briscore for the ROH title at Supercard of Honor in two weeks.

What they need to do then is unify the  International Championship the Continental Championship and make it the Inter - Con... Oh wait..... :)

The Continental International Championship

Sure to avoid confusion, just call it the Incontinent Championship.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

That sounds like the kind of rib Vince would have played 🤣

That was a great 3 hours.

Fair play to the women they had one hell of a fight.

I really like the feel of Renee doing her thing on the show tonight it gave it a whole fresh feel.

5* pro wrestling bangers every week on AEW TV now with this roster

Next weeks Dynamite

Man that was some sweet 3hrs of wrestling.

I adored Christian Cage V Copeland, that hockey fight spot gave me a good laugh

The Bucks and Okada are one of the best things in AEW.

This has to be the best we've seen of the Bucks and Okada is just on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Skye Blue looked a million bucks coming out of that street fight. The AEW woman always bring it for street fights I don’t think they have had a bad one since the company started and they have all been slightly different in style as well.

Regards,

P.

I wonder with the success from Wednesday could Tony introduce 3hrs Dynamite

I don't know I would feel about this, back in the day when I use to watch WWE, I couldn't stand 3hrs RAW but that was a brutal show

Would 3hrs be to exhausting?

• Advertisement

I'd rather 2 hours of insane quality than three hours that drag.

I also feel you can already add Collision and Rampage into it and say there's your third hour if you need it :P

Advertisement