Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Look its Enzo and Caz don't believe anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Look its Enzo and Caz don't believe anything else.

That's NzO and CazXL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

NITRO95 wrote: »
    The Revival would be a more obvious fit alongside Jericho even if its just a one off but that will depend on just how long WWE added onto Dash Wilders contract when he was injured.

The Revival are contracted up until next year's Wrestlemania or April 2020 at least plus Wilder will have that extra time added onto his contract so wouldn't be until summer 2020 that they could go to AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭NITRO95

The Revival are contracted up until next year's Wrestlemania or April 2020 at least plus Wilder will have that extra time added onto his contract so wouldn't be until summer 2020 that they could go to AEW.

Didn't realise they had so long left on their current contracts, I was sure they were up this summer. LAX are the logical choice for the spot unless AEW have got a deal with The Briscoes but I'm pretty sure they are loyal to ROH

I wonder will Johnny Elite to turn up as soon as he returns from getting stems cells injected in South America or will he return to the WWE for one last big payday run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

I wonder will Johnny Elite to turn up as soon as he returns from getting stems cells injected in South America or will he return to the WWE for one last big payday run.

It's actually pretty shocking that Johnny Insertlastnamehere hasn't ever went back to WWE. He's an absolute WWE blueprint but once he got release he never had another run.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He's 39, I would've put him older. He's been around forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

It's actually pretty shocking that Johnny Insertlastnamehere hasn't ever went back to WWE. He's an absolute WWE blueprint but once he got release he never had another run.

He didn't enjoy his time there if I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

lawlolawl wrote: »
    He didn't enjoy his time there if I recall.

That's never really stopped anyone else before.

The WWE have Seth and Roman doing a lot of talking and telling the world AEW isn't anything really.

Roman,
    “I think [Seth Rollins] is being generous in calling them a competition. I don’t want to get too deep into this […], I said it before: It’s an option and that’s great for professional wrestlers, pretty cool for fans. Before my family was WWE only, we’ve been a territorial family. You had to move, work with different promotions and territorys. I’m always gonna be ‘pro pro-wrestler’, but at the end of the day: WWE is my home, it’s what I represent and we’re so far ahead. You can see it in other shows: It’s not easy to have a clean production, you have to have a lot of experience. Our talent is top-notch, we’ve got main eventers for day, but it also is our crew. They’re busting their asses all night to get the show running. There’s so many people that make this place work. When you see other people out there tryin’ to do it, you see the flaws and it makes you respect what we do even more. It’s easy to complain and to say this and this on paper, but when it’s time to go out there and actually do it: Nobody will do it like WWE. Period.”

• Advertisement

He's absolutely right on production quality. AEW are amateur hour compared to WWE in that regard.

The WWE has 35 plus years under Vince and is a billion dollar company to get it production down.

AEW has had what 4 shows and has been a company less than 8 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The WWE has 35 plus years under Vince and is a billion dollar company to get it production down.

AEW has had what 4 shows and has been a company less than 8 months.

WWE's production have years of experience of shooting wrestling on camera. It's not like anything else so it's hard to get people with experience.
    Not everything is flawless tho, for instance the rapid camera cuts are absolutely sh!t & I dont know how they dont see that.
    The Reigns "accident" on Smackdown was the most awkwardly contrived thing I've seen WWE do since Vince had the stage fall on him & NOBODY in the crowd even cared as it looked so crap. The live promo Mandy & Sonya had a few weeks ago was something that shouldn't have been broadcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

ERG89 wrote: »
    The Reigns "accident" on Smackdown was the most awkwardly contrived thing I've seen WWE do since Vince had the stage fall on him & NOBODY in the crowd even cared as it looked so crap.

You mean the "forklift driver error" that they tweeted about to get rid of the garbage angle of a badly shot vignette of some random debris falling on Roman and him just sort of wandering off after it?

lawlolawl wrote: »
    You mean the "forklift driver error" that they tweeted about to get rid of the garbage angle of a badly shot vignette of some random debris falling on Roman and him just sort of wandering off after it?

Well they said the forklift driver wasn't at work that day so they're continuing the angle.

Rowdy Roddy Piper’s daughter Teal Piper will compete in the women’s battle royal at All Out.

Christ another battle royale, can't they do something better to decide who gets the title shot especially when you haven't got 21 females on the roster and need to draft in people like Jazz to make up the numbers. Also why is the battle royale being used to determine who the no.1 contender for the women's title is when they haven't even decided who the women's champion is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Christ another battle royale, can't they do something better to decide who gets the title shot especially when you haven't got 21 females on the roster and need to draft in people like Jazz to make up the numbers. Also why is the battle royale being used to determine who the no.1 contender for the women's title is when they haven't even decided who the women's champion is it.

unless they have a title match to announce still to come

havent been a fan of how they announced there titles so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

sky88 wrote: »

The first women's champion will be crowned on the debut episode of their tv show but they haven't announced any names yet.

sky88 wrote: »

I haven't been a fan either, more so how they're going about with the heavyweight championship. The battle royale that Page won done him no favours in the sense he already had a title shot but because of issues with PAC he then had to win a jobber battle royale basically to get another title shot. Why not go with a four way match to decide a number one contender, pick the four guys you want to try and build as future champs and give them 20 minutes to put on a classic rather than compete in a battle royale against the likes of Billy Gun, Tommy Dreamer, Marko Stunt, Glacier and possibly a guy with no legs.

Some of the best matches they've put on so far have been women's matches. If you haven't got 21 women to fill out a match then take the 8 best women you can find and have two fatal four ways or a mini tournament. Thus giving the women more time and a better chance of getting over with the crowd.

I don't mind how they're going about with the tag team titles as I love me some tag team wrasslin and a tournament seems to be the best way when you've got a few good tag teams. Though the whole win a match to then go on and compete in another match and if you win that match you'll get a bye for the first round is awkward af. Does that now mean SCU, Private Party, Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus can't compete in the tournament because they've lost already to Best Friends and The Dark Order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I haven't been a fan either, more so how they're going about with the heavyweight championship. The battle royale that Page won done him no favours in the sense he already had a title shot but because of issues with PAC he then had to win a jobber battle royale basically to get another title shot. Why not go with a four way match to decide a number one contender, pick the four guys you want to try and build as future champs and give them 20 minutes to put on a classic rather than compete in a battle royale against the likes of Billy Gun, Tommy Dreamer, Marko Stunt, Glacier and possibly a guy with no legs.

Some of the best matches they've put on so far have been women's matches. If you haven't got 21 women to fill out a match then take the 8 best women you can find and have two fatal four ways or a mini tournament. Thus giving the women more time and a better chance of getting over with the crowd.

I don't mind how they're going about with the tag team titles as I love me some tag team wrasslin and a tournament seems to be the best way when you've got a few good tag teams. Though the whole win a match to then go on and compete in another match and if you win that match you'll get a bye for the first round is awkward af. Does that now mean SCU, Private Party, Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus can't compete in the tournament because they've lost already to Best Friends and The Dark Order.

yea hated that battle royal page was in in fairness with pac visa issues there wasnt a lot of time but with that list of contenders did page no favours and you just cant have him going in as champion to the first champion. I do wonder if TNT wants jericho as champ for a super known name. i would have gone for moxley myself.

a womens tournament also can be a nice way to build up the woman on tv as well if they waited till there on TNT

All Out will be on ITV Box Office the pre show will be on ITV4.

No pricing announced yet.

TV for weeks two and three sold out in an hour today.

Week 2 is in Boston and week 3 is in Philly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Teal Piper, Roddy's daughter, has been officially signed, along with Orange Cassidy.

Orange Cassidy could be a good signing for AEW. Every company needs some comedic wrestlers and it shows with the likes of R-Truth and Drake Maverick being so over thanks to the 24/7 title.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It's kinda bad timing for AEW in a way. As seeing how WWE and Sky are parting ways, does Sky want to continue showing wrestling? if so, and while ITV4 is still a great thing, it may have worked out better for AEW being on Sky...

In any case, if's and but's I guess.

It's kinda bad timing for AEW in a way. As seeing how WWE and Sky are parting ways, does Sky want to continue showing wrestling? if so, and while ITV4 is still a great thing, it may have worked out better for AEW being on Sky...

In any case, if's and but's I guess.

Sky probably don't want wrestling as much anymore. The main live shows are on at one in the morning so would be interesting to see what Skys viewing figures are for them and don't think many people who are into wrestling would pay for Sky just to watch wrestling like back in the 90s and early 00s when you had no choice but to pay for Sky given how easy it is to stream things now days.

And there highlight shows for Raw and Smackdown are kinda pointless given how much content WWE upload to YouTube. You could have everything watched through YouTube before Sky even shows their two hour Raw highlight show.

You would imagine Sky were losing big money on the WWE as well over the last few years since they won the last round of bidding to get the WWE with the Network going live.

I would say Sky would have made most of their money back that they paid for the WWE rights on PPV buys and with the Network less and less people were buying PPV's.

Would the rights even cost much for Sky/BT?

The live programming is on at ungodly hours and the network has killed the box office market.

• Advertisement

Sky was the biggest cash cow for the WWE outside of the USA network when it cam to TV rights so I would guess the money was very good at one time.

Advertisement